Possible Problems For Those With Dual Nationality

This report in the Daily Telegraph - London

The Daily Telegraph has learnt that the £1.2 billion “e-borders” system was not designed with individuals who hold two passports in mind.

Full article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelne...ationality.html

However this does not really make much sense to me - both my wife and daughter have dual Thai / British Nationality (and Passports) and have used them for years with no problems.

The Article states

"At present, dual nationals (who were born outside Britain) usually use the passport of their birthplace to go home and their British one to re-enter Britain. Travellers born in the US, for example, use their American passport when booking a flight from Britain and when entering and leaving the US – as required by US law – but a British passport on returning to Britain."

The usual practice - which has been explained countless times here on TV - is to show the British Passport when leaving UK and again on return, so the same Passport deails will be in both the exit and return records.

Surely what happens outside the UK - i.e. when the person lands in Thailand and shows the Thai Passport at entry ang again on exit - will not be recorded in the e-Borders system?

The only problm I can see would be if the names on the two Passports were different.

I think the article is incorrect.

Any comments?

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone