Cm Travel Agent For Intl Flights

Dustoff

Can't provide you with the full contact info you requested, but here's a partial version:

P&P Travel, on Thapae Road, close-ish to Thapae Gate

053-272-545~7

Their email address is with hotmail.com, using cnxpp as the prefix before the 'at' sign.

Edited by Rasseru

I have had very reliable and efficient service at Chang Phuak Travel 053-210-355. I have worked with a Thai lady named Geng several times and she has always been very dependable and has very reasonable prices on the bookings. She also speaks very good English. The office is located on the east corner of the inside of the moat and Chang Phuak Gate (corner of Sri Phum and Phra Pokklao).

I fly about 10-15 times a year and I've found that only Lamai Travel (about 200 meters south of Chiang Mai Gate) can ocassionally get a better deal than what I can find by doing a diligent search on the web.

I have used Goddman Travel on Thapae Road for 8 years and always received great service. I am about to leave on a Thailand/US round trip flight for 34,850 baht inclusive trip. My agents name is Poppy and she always seems to be able to get me better rates than other agencies and I do check around.

Until a few days ago, I always used P&P Travel, but had a bad experience and now am looking for better. I went there to check out tickets to Brisbane in December. Now I know for a fact that about 15 International Carriers go into Brisbane, but the young woman there offered me 3, none of which were quite right, then sat back with this lazy/ exasperated look on her face and actually said to me, well which airline do you want to fly!!!!!!

At this point I reminded her that she is the one with the computer screen and access to the online system and that finding me the one that fits is her job not mine! Thing is, its not about money, they all come in within about 3000 baht either way, its about getting the right date, connections, convenience etc. As she clearly wasnt prepared to go the whole way for me I left, one disappointed frustrated ex customer!!!

Oh to be able to use the UK agent I used to use, Trailfinders, they were just amazing, AND you didnt have to pay for the tickets until a few weeks before departure. P&P claimed that if I booked through them, I would have to pay for the tickets more or less immediately, for a flight in December!!

Now, what I need to know is which agents in Chiang Mai are online for International Flights, most are not, most are simply third parties who take your details and then contact people like P&P for the actual booking. I ve always been a great believer in going directly to the one who can immediately sort something like this out, so please can anyone let me have the names of the ONLINE booking Agents, as against the myriad of small 3rd party travel agents?

Until a few days ago, I always used P&P Travel, but had a bad experience and now am looking for better. I went there to check out tickets to Brisbane in December. Now I know for a fact that about 15 International Carriers go into Brisbane, but the young woman there offered me 3, none of which were quite right, then sat back with this lazy/ exasperated look on her face and actually said to me, well which airline do you want to fly!!!!!!

At this point I reminded her that she is the one with the computer screen and access to the online system and that finding me the one that fits is her job not mine! Thing is, its not about money, they all come in within about 3000 baht either way, its about getting the right date, connections, convenience etc. As she clearly wasnt prepared to go the whole way for me I left, one disappointed frustrated ex customer!!!

Oh to be able to use the UK agent I used to use, Trailfinders, they were just amazing, AND you didnt have to pay for the tickets until a few weeks before departure. P&P claimed that if I booked through them, I would have to pay for the tickets more or less immediately, for a flight in December!!

Now, what I need to know is which agents in Chiang Mai are online for International Flights, most are not, most are simply third parties who take your details and then contact people like P&P for the actual booking. I ve always been a great believer in going directly to the one who can immediately sort something like this out, so please can anyone let me have the names of the ONLINE booking Agents, as against the myriad of small 3rd party travel agents?

I can only agree with Sansai Sam, Goodman's have always given me first rate service. And, they are on-line!

/ Priceless

I fly about 10-15 times a year and I've found that only Lamai Travel (about 200 meters south of Chiang Mai Gate) can ocassionally get a better deal than what I can find by doing a diligent search on the web.

I second the vote for Lamai Travel. Khun Kanjana is awesome! In a land of superficial smiles and many disappointments, there are a few services that stand out as fine examples of true customer service professionalism; Kanjana is at the top of my list. My wife and I have used her for 5 years and several flights to the US after seeing her ad in CityLife; she always comes through with the best prices and information that you didn't even know that you needed. She helped with my wifes US visa application and got her a 10 year multiple entry tourist visa. And she answers emails promptly and does last minute changes with a smile. 6/12 Suriyawong Haiya, 100 meters before Chiang Mai Gate Hotel, on the right (going south). No I'm not affiliated, just a very happy customer. Kanjana's mobile: 086 1839072 Don

I can only agree with Sansai Sam, Goodman's have always given me first rate service. And, they are on-line!

/ Priceless

Where are they online? I can't find them doing a google search.

Also, I've found that some online services don't book flights starting in Asia. Are these local travel agents able to get a round trip discount similar to how I would get a cheaper price booking a round trip ticket starting in the U.S.? Thanks!

I second the vote for Lamai Travel. Khun Kanjana is awesome! In a land of superficial smiles and many disappointments, there are a few services that stand out as fine examples of true customer service professionalism; Kanjana is at the top of my list. My wife and I have used her for 5 years and several flights to the US after seeing her ad in CityLife; she always comes through with the best prices and information that you didn't even know that you needed. She helped with my wifes US visa application and got her a 10 year multiple entry tourist visa. And she answers emails promptly and does last minute changes with a smile. 6/12 Suriyawong Haiya, 100 meters before Chiang Mai Gate Hotel, on the right (going south). No I'm not affiliated, just a very happy customer. Kanjana's mobile: 086 1839072 Don

Absolutely, Lamai travel it is, have no fear handing wads of cash for flights. Very professional and keen prices. I too found them in Citylife.

Regards Bojo

Do any of you have an email or fax # for Lamai? I live out toward Hangdong and avoid going into town any more than necessary..

I also use lamai for years.....Kanjanas phone is 053--201-695, lamaitrvl [at] hotmail.com. it is directly across from chiang mai gate just down from the hospital about 100 meters, fax053201-566

/ Priceless

Where are they online? I can't find them doing a google search.

Also, I've found that some online services don't book flights starting in Asia. Are these local travel agents able to get a round trip discount similar to how I would get a cheaper price booking a round trip ticket starting in the U.S.? Thanks!

I actually meant on-line in the terms of PostmanPat's post (#7), i.e. they are on-line with all the major airlines (I think through the Amadeus system). They are however on-line in the sense you are looking for, too: http://www.gmtour.com/

/ Priceless

Do any of you have an email or fax # for Lamai? I live out toward Hangdong and avoid going into town any more than necessary..

I also use lamai for years.....Kanjanas phone is 053--201-695, lamaitrvl [at] hotmail.com. it is directly across from chiang mai gate just down from the hospital about 100 meters, fax053201-566

I recommend that you call or email and communicate with Kanjana directly. Her staff is pretty good at support, but they have let some messages slip by. Call her and confirm sure she will be in the office when you go there. Parking is tight, take your motorcycle, or park your car at Chiang Mai Gate Hotel and walk back. It is possible to park on the narrow street or pull into her tiny driveway if not blocked.

afaik, all the travel agents can book flights starting either in the US or in Asia. However, both will almost always have higher prices for roundtrips that start in Asia.

afaik, all the travel agents can book flights starting either in the US or in Asia. However, both will almost always have higher prices for roundtrips that start in Asia.

I don't know about the US, but e.g. THAI do not let Thai agents sell flights originating in Europe.

/ Priceless

I USED to use Kanjana at Lamai travel. She does smile lovely and is a well meaning person. And I USED to refer her to all of my visiting and local friends. I brought her many many customers. Probably 20 in about 2+ yrs time.

But then some friends were visiting on their honeymoon from the US. She booked them some flights and a tour to a village in CR and some trekking. The friends, feeling so comfortable with her then contacted her directly about where to stay when coming back CR --> CM. It was Loi Kratong. She told them there were no rooms available in town (2005 or 2006) and put them up in a an empty apartment she just happened to have. And they could rent that room for 500B per night (maybe 600!).

Next day the friends call me to say they're back in town and had a great time, but 'Hey, what's the polite way to ask Kanjana to clean up the room a bit?' When I investigate and go to this room in the shitty apt bldg off Loi Kroh, there're dead cockroaches in the stairwell and lintballs. The room is shabby with a mattress on the floor. One plastic chair, a cheap closet. A broken tv on the floor. A dirty bathroom. That's it. They said they wanted to be polite and were thankful Kanjana had this room as there's nothing else available that time of year in town. I had other thoughts.

This was their honeymoon people ! I'd set them up in a friend's boutique spa/hotel just the week b4 so they could feel romantic and pamper themselves. And now they were in a dump not knowing any better.

I called Knajana and told her it was the friends' last cpl nights and they wanted to come stay with me instead for their last cpl days in my house. of course this was a lie to save her face. I had gone around the corner and found them a room for 550B/ night a/c with tv, everything. Not the best place as it was quickly done to get them out and it was on Loi Kroh.

But after sending Kanjana thousands and thousands of baht of business (friends that booked tickets on to Kunming, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, trips back to USA and to Europe) I felt seriously betrayed. She lied to my friends for a few quick baht to cover the 3k/ mo she probably spent on that scumbag apt. I was totally let down and embarassed for myself and for the lady I called a 'friend'. I was embarassed for Thai ppl as well, as I had to explain alot about how things work here sometimes to my visiting friends. I thought she, knowing so many Farang, and speaking such good English, would know better than to pull a fast one like that on me and my people. But seriously, I was able to take them out of the ghetto and put them in an alright room with 5 mins of effort - in a town with no vacancies! I apologized to my real friends and stopped ever talking to her right then n there.

Now I do most of my own bookings thru the airlines I prefer, Eva n China Air online. With their membership

programs I get pretty good values.

Anybody else ever get betrayed by her or another agent they used to like ?

great story.Ive been here long enough to believe anything, especially something as shortsighted and stupid as that. that is pretty typical though, sad to say.

Ah well, what the hey. No matter what our personal experiences, there are always those who will deny them as I have experienced when voicing negative experiences with Loi Kroh Clinic and Top Charoen Optical at Central Plaza. Everyone has their off days including some of the local food establishments in CM but most are worth a second chance (and I gave them far more than their share before complaining on ThaiVisa), or be given the opportunity to explain, but simple denial of another's experience from someone who has no idea in the world is lame, whoppie.

So far I have not heard from Lamai but it has only been a couple of days. P&P came at me with prices that seem off the chart but I did mention that I prefer China Air or JAL and they are quoting almost as much as I paid in 07 for BKK-Honolulu-Denver-Boston-return, and that was when fuel prices were really high, and we are only looking to go to Honolulu this time. Over 40k Baht and by the time we add two r/t fares CNX-BKK and Honolulu to Maui, this is going to be a $3000US trip for flights alone!

Ouch.. :o

Hey Dustoff. Thanks for being an impartial listener/ reader. Indeed everyone seems to have their off moments here in Cm and some ppl have great experiences with those others have negative ones with. The one I posted at length about was not my first actually but it was the giant straw that broke this camel's back. Anyway...

I agree about JAL, they're my fav airline to travel with. But I also like EVA which has new planes, great service and food, and run friendly flights. I book online thru them. If you frequent the skies, it might be worth your while to join a mileage club even if you only go every year or two.

5 yrs ago I could do JAL business class BKK-LAX RT for like $1100. Forget about that these days. Coach was just about $650. However, you can do that rt now on EVA for about that price - $600-$700. At least you can if you're a member.

I also compared alot of prices n scoured TV for travel tips a cpl yrs back n the best reference anybody made that I hadn't heard of was this ticket consolidator in BKK which does a massive amt of business and passes on some hefty discounts to customers.... or so the witnesses on TV said. Give them a look-see and let us know what you think.

As for myself, I got a 1 yr open ticket on EVA this last Oct RT Evergreen Deluxe (fancy name for something just above Coach, but not quite Business Class) for $1000. Pretty sure they're cheaper now as new administration, fallen oil prices, and fallen economies have pushed airlines to discount.

Aloha oe!

http://www.12flight.com/

great story.Ive been here long enough to believe anything, especially something as shortsighted and stupid as that. that is pretty typical though, sad to say.

Ah well, what the hey. No matter what our personal experiences, there are always those who will deny them as I have experienced when voicing negative experiences with Loi Kroh Clinic and Top Charoen Optical at Central Plaza. Everyone has their off days including some of the local food establishments in CM but most are worth a second chance (and I gave them far more than their share before complaining on ThaiVisa), or be given the opportunity to explain, but simple denial of another's experience from someone who has no idea in the world is lame, whoppie.

So far I have not heard from Lamai but it has only been a couple of days. P&P came at me with prices that seem off the chart but I did mention that I prefer China Air or JAL and they are quoting almost as much as I paid in 07 for BKK-Honolulu-Denver-Boston-return, and that was when fuel prices were really high, and we are only looking to go to Honolulu this time. Over 40k Baht and by the time we add two r/t fares CNX-BKK and Honolulu to Maui, this is going to be a $3000US trip for flights alone!

Ouch.. :o

Please read my reply again. I agreed with the poster...whoppie "" but simple denial of another's experience from someone who has no idea in the world is lame, whoppie.""??????

I have used P & P Travel for over 10 years with no problems, but I know what the previous poster means: Thais are not trained to think outside teh box like the staff at Trailfinders, you have to lead them. what I do is check the prices and flight details on the net and then get the P & P girl to check the 2 or 3 most likely flights.

Just a thought: If you've got a credit card why dont oyu book directly with Opodo or another of the online sites? I dont have one so I can't, but that would be the quickest and easiest way and most airlines are e-ticket nowadays anyway.

Please read my reply again. I agreed with the poster...whoppie "" but simple denial of another's experience from someone who has no idea in the world is lame, whoppie.""??????

I did read your reply again and could very well have misunderstood. If so, you have my sincere apologies.

Hey Dustoff. Thanks for being an impartial listener/ reader. Indeed everyone seems to have their off moments here in Cm and some ppl have great experiences with those others have negative ones with. The one I posted at length about was not my first actually but it was the giant straw that broke this camel's back. Anyway...

I agree about JAL, they're my fav airline to travel with. But I also like EVA which has new planes, great service and food, and run friendly flights. I book online thru them. If you frequent the skies, it might be worth your while to join a mileage club even if you only go every year or two.

5 yrs ago I could do JAL business class BKK-LAX RT for like $1100. Forget about that these days. Coach was just about $650. However, you can do that rt now on EVA for about that price - $600-$700. At least you can if you're a member.

I also compared alot of prices n scoured TV for travel tips a cpl yrs back n the best reference anybody made that I hadn't heard of was this ticket consolidator in BKK which does a massive amt of business and passes on some hefty discounts to customers.... or so the witnesses on TV said. Give them a look-see and let us know what you think.

As for myself, I got a 1 yr open ticket on EVA this last Oct RT Evergreen Deluxe (fancy name for something just above Coach, but not quite Business Class) for $1000. Pretty sure they're cheaper now as new administration, fallen oil prices, and fallen economies have pushed airlines to discount.

Aloha oe!

http://www.12flight.com/

Thanks and Aloha back atcha, RTD.

Good advice but, unfortunately, neither EVA nor 12Flight list Hawaii in their destinations.

So far Lamai has come back to me with WAY more options than anyone else but I am still awaiting word from a couple of others that seem S-L-O-W to say the least.

So far it looks like Korean Air just for the convenience of leaving from Chiang Mai but am dreading the 12-hour layover at Inchon Airport on the 1st leg. But then that is better than China Air's 20-hour layovers in both directions!

How does one use this site? I want to fly BKK => MNL, round trip. So I went to the site and

1. Selected international flights tab: got selected promotional destinations/prices (nothing to Manila). No option to select any other location and travel dates.
  2. Selected the PI from the list of countries on the left. Page came up with one entry, Philippine Airlines -- BOOK NOW. No other option for the PI even though other airlines fly there.
  3. Tried the book now page. Got a page requiring name, address, VISA card, more info; no page to simply check dates and schedules. I am not going to submit all the personal information just to see flight schedules.
  4. Quit.

Does not appear user friendly to this potential user.

Thanks for the Lamai Travel recomendation ... I was happy with P&P travel until trip I have planned. I prefer booking even LCC tix thru an agent for a few 100 Bhat ... but this time was told the online fare was >1000 Baht than the fare I'd just checked! I don't mind paying for service and everyone needs to eat but I dont take kindly to being lied to.

So today popped down to Lamai Travel which was closed - so I phoned K. Kanjonas mobile (0869124274) and she came down in 15mins to open up ... sorted the ticket at the online price, I added a bit more for the effort and this is the kind of extra service that hopefully will prevail long term.

Hopefully P&P will improve - I know times are tough but upsetting long term customers is not a smart business move.

I USED to use Kanjana at Lamai travel. She does smile lovely and is a well meaning person. And I USED to refer her to all of my visiting and local friends. I brought her many many customers. Probably 20 in about 2+ yrs time.

But then some friends were visiting on their honeymoon from the US. She booked them some flights and a tour to a village in CR and some trekking. The friends, feeling so comfortable with her then contacted her directly about where to stay when coming back CR --> CM. It was Loi Kratong. She told them there were no rooms available in town (2005 or 2006) and put them up in a an empty apartment she just happened to have. And they could rent that room for 500B per night (maybe 600!).

Next day the friends call me to say they're back in town and had a great time, but 'Hey, what's the polite way to ask Kanjana to clean up the room a bit?' When I investigate and go to this room in the shitty apt bldg off Loi Kroh, there're dead cockroaches in the stairwell and lintballs. The room is shabby with a mattress on the floor. One plastic chair, a cheap closet. A broken tv on the floor. A dirty bathroom. That's it. They said they wanted to be polite and were thankful Kanjana had this room as there's nothing else available that time of year in town. I had other thoughts.

This was their honeymoon people ! I'd set them up in a friend's boutique spa/hotel just the week b4 so they could feel romantic and pamper themselves. And now they were in a dump not knowing any better.

I called Knajana and told her it was the friends' last cpl nights and they wanted to come stay with me instead for their last cpl days in my house. of course this was a lie to save her face. I had gone around the corner and found them a room for 550B/ night a/c with tv, everything. Not the best place as it was quickly done to get them out and it was on Loi Kroh.

But after sending Kanjana thousands and thousands of baht of business (friends that booked tickets on to Kunming, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, trips back to USA and to Europe) I felt seriously betrayed. She lied to my friends for a few quick baht to cover the 3k/ mo she probably spent on that scumbag apt. I was totally let down and embarassed for myself and for the lady I called a 'friend'. I was embarassed for Thai ppl as well, as I had to explain alot about how things work here sometimes to my visiting friends. I thought she, knowing so many Farang, and speaking such good English, would know better than to pull a fast one like that on me and my people. But seriously, I was able to take them out of the ghetto and put them in an alright room with 5 mins of effort - in a town with no vacancies! I apologized to my real friends and stopped ever talking to her right then n there.

Now I do most of my own bookings thru the airlines I prefer, Eva n China Air online. With their membership

programs I get pretty good values.

Anybody else ever get betrayed by her or another agent they used to like ?

This is really disturbing to hear. "Land of many disappointments." Integrity does not seem to be a consistent value with many businesses here, but this one I'm really surprised at. I hope my high recommendations for this service has not caused anyone a similar experience. I think I'm done recommending anyone.