Marco's French Restaurant

gatorhead333

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i too have had problems with him on the streets of chiang mai, where his arrogant 'hollier than thou' attitude caused me and many friends to avoid his place. I was thinking of trying the food but his attitude left me and many other locals avoiding the place, unwilling to support his venture. You would think that when moving into a new restauarant you'd want to be friendly with the locals, not try to start fights. Sure fire way to ruin a business, and what a shameless way to advertise, times must be tough.... wonder why!!

yes i too have had problems with him on the streets of chiang mai, where his arrogant 'hollier than thou' attitude caused me and many friends to avoid his place. I was thinking of trying the food but his attitude left me and many other locals avoiding the place, unwilling to support his venture. You would think that when moving into a new restauarant you'd want to be friendly with the locals, not try to start fights. Sure fire way to ruin a business, and what a shameless way to advertise, times must be tough.... wonder why!!

I tried it tonight - no such thing as bad publicity?

The food was very good.

:)
what a <deleted>...?? to u what a no class peasant!!

so you always want to "knock people out right there and then??full of hate ...? huh?? CM needs less of your kind... <deleted> master .seek help or go home where your agresive sick nature will be more in tune and accepted..

:D LOL I am afraid it was your love Marco who was the violent one wanting to start a fight I restrained myself, just wanted to but since i am a mild mannered man I chose non violence nothing to do with his language he stuck his nose in what was non of his business thinking he was the king of chaing mai

the more you post the more you sound a little unstable you do not know me yet call me a no class peasant Hmmm because I posted my experince with your marco well my frined his food might be wonderful as you say but he is still a <deleted>

look in the mirror and slap your self.. stop the BS !!, using vernacular like "<deleted>" and then saying marco wanted to fight you ....kinda tells the story.... pure BS... but of course this is a posting palace and all kinds of fantastic fiction makes it on board including your stories of hanging at this lo so spicy dump... wanting t beat people

this was a simple thread asking has anybody else eaten at chrez marcos my stating the food is wonderful for me

but u introduced wanting to beat the owner /chef and using the word slang "<deleted>" which to some is quite crude and puts u in with the uneducated peasants of the world....

more BS from another ,now we have a french chef on thai visa as a street fighting man... truely a posters BS paradise.

secondly if you do attempt to dine at chez marcos you beter make reservations he is msot times packed even at midnite...

Edited by gatorhead333

Come by Gecko books and I will show you how to use the quote function gator! :)

UG

i think i figured it out now but a the same time i am dismayed that there are so many chicken s---- BS story tellers-dream weavers making stories and getting bent when someone says..

food wonderful(which it is) and has anybody tried this place...

time to take a break from these senseless dwibes for a long while... just too chicken shit but CM sees to have filled up with them over the last few decades....

hey , the guy saying he is possible competitor ... he wishes , maybe in the next life.. this marco is a master chef ,the food is out of this world so to think you can compete is laughable.. how pompous to think you are a competitor , to compete you have to be in same leaugue and since we know there is no good food only common basic same same on loy crow other than Marcos.. ... secondly marco is french speaks french his english is basic at best so to imply i am marco..... it seems you are just barking at the wind

and finally marco is open for lunch and stays open sometimes to12:00 midnight-1:00a.m. cooking the finest ,most wonderful southern french food in the world closing only on sundays .. so he is too busy to even think about thai visa .com ... and being french would not bother anyway.

he is too busy turning out the best southern french food in the world.. not chiang mai, not thailand... the world! I have taken friends from aspen there from california from qatar ,,, everybody was amazed,in disbelief that such fine food so cheap could exist here.

i get out of there for 200-300 baht tops, tip the beautiful waitresses 50-100 baht. did i say beautiful waitresses .

hey you wish you had wonderful food like marcos but you certainly do not. impossible ....but maybe in the next life but probally not....

This is flagrant boot-licking!!! :)

my above post is a reply to moronic previous post and states exact truths . clients i have taken there to eat have raved about food comparing it to places in aspen,ca. for aspen people. my super rich client from qatar dining there for lunch every day after I took him there for dinner (spending 550 baht between the two of us!!) then him comparing it to other french restaurants in his home country of qatar telling me it was superior to the best there that cost 10X ++the money or more!these are simple facts ,no more no less...

so now maybe i have opened the door for you street fighting spicy guys to rag on the arabs of the world too.

Edited by gatorhead333

time to take a break from these senseless dwibes for a long while... just too chicken shit but CM sees to have filled up with them over the last few decades..

Yup.. Aint that the truth.

The demographic is increasingly similar to Pattaya these days..

Or... maybe it's just the logical result of having finally reached a critical mass, tipping human interaction from the friendly & respectful 'small community' vibe into a more big city kind of mind set. The Farang sub culture is definitely not a small village atmosphere anymore.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

As they seem very similarly sounding, could this thread be merged with the other thread about fights breaking out at the Thaivisa Chiang Mai Piss-up?

:)

i am so done with my first thread i am disappointed with the caliber of posters getting off the topic immediately.i was trying to share a very special place but a food fight did not begin but rude talks of beating people ..

the place is quite small seating only maybe 40 or so ,i should never had let the cat out of the bag to speak.. justs will make it more impossible to get in at dinner time...

Edited by gatorhead333

Wow, this thread is still open :)

what a <deleted>...?? to u what a no class peasant!!

so you always want to "knock people out right there and then??full of hate ...? huh?? CM needs less of your kind... seek help or go home where your aggresive sick nature will be more in tune and accepted.. marco is the most pleasant french guy i have ever met so i take offence to this red neck B.S.post... but his english is basic if drunk maybe a bit confused...

The Pot calling the kettle if ever I saw it..........

Edited by Paagai

time to take a break from these senseless dwibes for a long while... just too chicken shit but CM sees to have filled up with them over the last few decades..

Yup.. Aint that the truth.

The demographic is increasingly similar to Pattaya these days..

Or... maybe it's just the logical result of having finally reached a critical mass, tipping human interaction from the friendly & respectful 'small community' vibe into a more big city kind of mind set. The Farang sub culture is definitely not a small village atmosphere anymore.

Postings to this subforum seem to have increased exponentially of late. Has the farang population really increased that much? And they all seem to be <deleted> too, not just the British. Odd.

more BS from another ,now we have a french chef on thai visa as a street fighting man... truely a posters BS paradise.

secondly if you do attempt to dine at chez marcos you beter make reservations he is msot times packed even at midnite...

Guess your the only person who does not bullshit :):D:D and knows it all huh LOL sounds like Mr Marco could do with staying in a bit more sounds like its not just me but my guess is if loads of people put the same thing up about him you would still be jumping up and down having a tantrum saying its all BS also you must know the guy to actually be saying we are wrong (previously ti has been indicated he does not now him) the guy is full of himself and not a plesasant guy when drinking simple as that.

Now its your turn for some more B.S

P.S you will see on one of my posts I have heard good things about the food but he is a <deleted>

hey , the guy saying he is possible competitor ... he wishes , maybe in the next life.. this marco is a master chef ,the food is out of this world so to think you can compete is laughable.. how pompous to think you are a competitor , to compete you have to be in same leaugue and since we know there is no good food only common basic same same on loy crow other than Marcos.. ... secondly marco is french speaks french his english is basic at best so to imply i am marco..... it seems you are just barking at the wind

and finally marco is open for lunch and stays open sometimes to12:00 midnight-1:00a.m. cooking the finest ,most wonderful southern french food in the world closing only on sundays .. so he is too busy to even think about thai visa .com ... and being french would not bother anyway.

he is too busy turning out the best southern french food in the world.. not chiang mai, not thailand... the world! I have taken friends from aspen there from california from qatar ,,, everybody was amazed,in disbelief that such fine food so cheap could exist here.

i get out of there for 200-300 baht tops, tip the beautiful waitresses 50-100 baht. did i say beautiful waitresses .

hey you wish you had wonderful food like marcos but you certainly do not. impossible ....but maybe in the next life but probally not....

my above post is a reply to moronic previous post and states exact truths . clients i have taken there to eat have raved about food comparing it to places in aspen,ca. for aspen people. my super rich client from qatar dining there for lunch every day after I took him there for dinner (spending 550 baht between the two of us!!) then him comparing it to other french restaurants in his home country of qatar telling me it was superior to the best there that cost 10X ++the money or more!these are simple facts ,no more no less...

so now maybe i have opened the door for you street fighting spicy guys to rag on the arabs of the world too.

:D:D:D your wonderful chef is the only fighting spicy guy THATS THE TRUTH

Guess your the only person who does not bullshit :):D:D and knows it all huh LOL sounds like Mr Marco could do with staying in a bit more sounds like its not just me but my guess is if loads of people put the same thing up about him you would still be jumping up and down having a tantrum saying its all BS also you must know the guy to actually be saying we are wrong (previously ti has been indicated he does not now him) the guy is full of himself and not a plesasant guy when drinking simple as that.

P.S you will see on one of my posts I have heard good things about the food but he is a <deleted>

It was an innocent opening post that got mired in human imperfections.

It was an innocent opening post that got mired in human imperfections.

i can only assume you to be a :

#1- owner of a restaurant gone broke

#2- owner of a restaurant going broke

#3- person who wishes he owned a restaurant

the thread was simple has anybody else eaten here .. (i should have added other than the entire french population of thailand).....and what did you think???

but no.... we have>>>>>>>>>>

a few people crying immediately that this was advertising

another clown boy calling the chef a "<deleted>" wanting to beat him ..

(i figure this guy envious...he must have had a failed restarant or something like this since he wants to beat the chef of a excellent place that actually does good biz serving fine southern french food)

then my fav....... the guy telling me i love marco i guess implying i am gay for liking french food

or maybe this guy is wishing for more men on his team??....sorry bud...

this was a very simple post letting others know that you can find excellent, fine southern french food for practically "free" at Chez Marcos on Loy crow road few shops down from 7/11

some people have an axe to grind and /or not enough to do... or maybe bitter from trying and dying in food industry. or all three

well pick yourselves up,brush yourselves off and try to do something else!! you are wasting your lives posting nonsense on thai visa .com!!!!!!!

Can't agree more.... great restaurant, lovely food, very reasonable prices and friendly staff and service.

Just for the record: I don't fancy Marco (nice waitress though!), I don't go around beating people up, I love French food (and I'm English!)

The simple chicken with frites and a delicious muchroom sauce for, I think, about 120B is well worth the visit. The tapas are mouthwatering, and last time I visited the pork stew was to die for - so nice that with every mouthful I was oohing and ahhiing, and I usually only do that at the site of a gorgeous woman...

Keep it going Marco - French food that we can afford to eat!

PS I want a free meal for writing such positive comments (even if you don't know who i am)

Thanks for the dining suggestions. I am never sure what to order at Marcos.

I do not love him either, but I may be in love with his girlfriend who I have heard is the prettiest waitress. I hope that he doesn't beat me up for leching at her! :)

The simple chicken with frites and a delicious muchroom sauce . . . is well worth the visit. . . . . last time I visited the pork stew was to die for - so nice that with every mouthful I was oohing and ahhiing . . .

Thanks, JimShortz, you've gone some way toward getting me interested in the place again (I lost my initial interest halfway through this thread). A chef who works with chicken and pork here, where the two meats are far and away the best available in terms of quality - that shows real taste and judgment.

Not one negative comment on the food? A really entertaining thread, yet another arrogant farangset with a too hot GF. And the best SOUTHERN French cooking in the galaxy!!! .....I'll be there.

Rag....Arabs? :D O.K., immature I know but I couldn't resist!! Even your rich Arab friends love Marco? Well now I am impressed. :D