Latest Pattaya Gym Info..

stuffonsticks

Hi all, just looking for some up to date info on the gyms in Pattaya. Not really ready to handle the California wow manic sales experience or maybe even Tony's.

Just want some real prices and info from people who still go there. Would be nice to be able to do some bagwork in the same gym without being charged extra or having to change gyms.

Much appreciated as always.

Stuffonsticks :)

From your op, don't really know what you are looking for...meat-head roid friendly gym, plush girly-man gym, small neighborhood gym???

I got a Tony's membership good at his 3 main locations for B 6000 for 1 year. That seems like a great deal to me and I have been very happy there over the past 6 months.

I also hear that Fairtex has some very promotional pricing right now.

Ive just spent 3 weeks at Tony's gym on 3rd road, its a very good gym but relatively expensive if youre only here on holiday (2100 BHT for 3 weeks). However i was getting some one on one boxing training almost everyday by a Thai boxer there called JK, this costs 200bht for 40 minutes and he was superb.

I wouldnt worry about pushy sales people at California WoW, theyre only doing their job and they are easy to do business with, just go in with a price in your head that you think is reasonable, ask them what theyll charge you then just say the price you wish to pay, if they start to haggle get up slowly to walk away and tell them youre going to a rival gym and i will guarantee theyll accept your price. (before Xmas i paid 2000bht for 1 month at WoW) Or tell them this is the price you paid at a different California WoW gym.

California WoW has very good aircon and lots of pretty women, but no punch bags they charge 700bht for padwork which IMO is too much, the downside of Tony's is it is very warm as it has cr4p aircon no matter when you train.

Fairtex is pretty small and the boxing gear is often used by people who are paying a fortune for boxing holidays, but its fairly nice in there with a very good pool area.

Id recommend going to California WoW gym and then paying this JK guy 200 bht a time for boxing training.

Edited by sanmiguel

California WoW has very good aircon and lots of pretty women,

Well right there you have one of the best reasons to join a gym in Pattaya.

The aircon is definitely important for someone used to working out in cooler climates, and i dont really go for bar girls so it gives an opportunity to meet the odd non bar girl. Not that i managed to though.

California WoW has very good aircon and lots of pretty women...

I go to the gym to work up a sweat so I prefer gyms with minimal air-conditioning or only fans. I also prefer gyms with few or no women around taking up space tinkering with the weights or machines.

Edited by MeetJohnDoe

The aircon is definitely important for someone used to working out in cooler climates, and i dont really go for bar girls so it gives an opportunity to meet the odd non bar girl. Not that i managed to though.

I go to the gym to train. I wouldn't say boo to a pretty girl in the gym and would prefer them to find somewhere else to play.

What makes you think that bar girls don't train? If you're looking for non-bar girls, they're all over town working regular jobs. At least you'll know for sure if they are bargirls or not.

I go to the gym to train. I wouldn't say boo to a pretty girl in the gym and would prefer them to find somewhere else to play.

What makes you think that bar girls don't train? If you're looking for non-bar girls, they're all over town working regular jobs. At least you'll know for sure if they are bargirls or not.

In Pattaya i dont know anything for sure. :)

Edited by sanmiguel

Echoing MeetJohnDoe.

Tony's is 6k for a year, and you get access to three of his facilities. I don't know about punching bags, but should be accessible at one of the two Tony's on third road (the one attached to Tony's muay thai academy). It is hot in there, with minimal if any aircon, but they have about everything you need. Not a huge weight room, but also usually not crowded. I think its good value for the money.

Thanks everyone for all the advice on gyms here in Pattaya.

I joined the WKO opposite Foodland on Klang it has everything I want. Friendly Farang staff and exellent boxing facillities.

Price was only 1000b per month for free use of everything. Highly recommended over the rest.

Saw this one and was really interested, as I'd like to take up some kind of martial art within the next six months. Veered off primarily because of the parking issue. How have you found that aspect?

I joined the WKO opposite Foodland on Klang it has everything I want. Friendly Farang staff and exellent boxing facillities.

Price was only 1000b per month for free use of everything. Highly recommended over the rest.

So you've found a gym which is better than any other gym in Pattaya. How about explaining why it's better so we'll all know?

I hate punching bags in a weight gym. They belong in boxing training facilities and have no place in a weight gym. They're noisy and very distracting.

That's a decent facility...but parking issues (I have a car) put me off. Also, Tony's is a much better deal I think...you get access to 3 gyms, pool, and tennis facilities and secured parking. All for half the price.

• 2 weeks later...
Saw this one and was really interested, as I'd like to take up some kind of martial art within the next six months. Veered off primarily because of the parking issue. How have you found that aspect?

Hello Mate and sorry for the late reply. I only use my motorbike so I park right outside the door. I think there is parking space around back but its the Pattaya swat team but I will look into it for you today.

To be honest if your using a car there is usually room out front most days.

Best Regards.

So you've found a gym which is better than any other gym in Pattaya. How about explaining why it's better so we'll all know?

I hate punching bags in a weight gym. They belong in boxing training facilities and have no place in a weight gym. They're noisy and very distracting.

Due to tha lack of so much b*****t attached to many of the big gyms in Pattaya there is none at all here. All the facilities are spread over 4 floors so theres no bags in the gym only the boxing floor so no distractions.

Also I dont want to cross over the road and walk down the street to use boxing facillities as with Tonys.

Regards,

California wow workers are desperate, reminded me of indian tailors: 'Hello friend, you need personal trainer? Sign this, pay now, special price for you, come on, man'... I've paid them 2140thb to just get out of there. Is there any other gym in Pattaya like California wow, but without desperate salespeople? Is there a gym in Central shopping(I couldn't find one)?

Thanks

Andrew.

And why is it 4000thb for 3 months membership on their website and when I come in they quote 5000 for one month? Personal training 1500 for 3 sessions on their website, but I have to pay 5000? I'm gonna print the web page and show them tomorrow.

Is there a gym in Central shopping(I couldn't find one)?

Quite a while before Central opened, it was reported that Fitness First was going to open a gym there. Does anybody here know if that is still a possibility?

Just an add to your queries about parking at WKO near foodland where I go, there is ample parking around back I asked yesterday on behalf of the guy that asked me. I took a look and there is.

Its just to the right of the building as you look at it. You car would be very safe Im sure as the rear of the gym is home to Pattaya Swat and anti-terrorist team.

The gym has a new promotion today 4000 baht per year.

Regards lads and happy training :)

• 3 months later...
From your op, don't really know what you are looking for...meat-head roid friendly gym, plush girly-man gym, small neighborhood gym???

I got a Tony's membership good at his 3 main locations for B 6000 for 1 year. That seems like a great deal to me and I have been very happy there over the past 6 months.

I also hear that Fairtex has some very promotional pricing right now.

............ Well does anyone know where IS the meat-head roid friendly gym? without punching bags. just a lot of nice hammer strength type equipment close to central festival?

Fairtex is pretty small and the boxing gear is often used by people who are paying a fortune for boxing holidays, but its fairly nice in there with a very good pool area.

I disagree with your comment 'boxing gear is often used...", you'll find at Fairtex as with most Thai boxing gyms here that the students train early morning till about 9am and again in the afternoon at around 3pm. The rest of the time the boxing rings, bags and associated equipment is usually not being used. There used to be an evening session at about 6pm, might still be going.

............ Well does anyone know where IS the meat-head roid friendly gym? without punching bags. just a lot of nice hammer strength type equipment close to central festival?

Tony's Gym on Soi 16 just off Walking Street behind Tony's Disco. Only gym in town with Hammer Strength. The roids you'll find at most pharmacies.

PS. They do have one punching bag upstairs.

Edited by tropo