Wireless Internet

mikell

I have had AIS GPRS Wireless Internet for two years with my laptop and it works anywhere in Thailand.

If this is what your looking for PM me. DTAC has similar service.

If your looking for that limited area wireless connection system offered in some shopping centers, I don't have a clue.

AIS is wireless internet via your mobile phone (must have a GPRS modem). You can access it nearly anywhere there is mobile phone signal in Thailand (which is rather a lot of it). Downside is its slow (say 40KB on a good day). Search this forum for the price details.

If you want (much faster) WIFI/hotspot access in shopping malls etc, I think True is providing this now, not sure how good the coverage is. KSC also has it, but their hotspot network is fairly limited (mostly Starbucks etc) but if you subscribe to DTAC's more expensive GPRS/EDGE package, you get that thrown in.

AIS GPRS Wireless Internet

How much is it?

where is connection spot in bkk?

Step one is to get a wireless card. I have Sierra Wireless, bought from Fujitsu dealr for 15k Baht on the condition I would pay them when evrything was working.

They took me and my laptop to one of the main AIS offices and AIS sold me a sim card and enrolled me as a GPRS customer. The sim card has a cell phone number and fits into the Sierra Wireless Card that slips into your laptop.

I get telephone and internet capability simultaneously.

My plan now two years old is 860 THB for unlimited use. Good until 2006. Current plans have been mentioned around 1200 THB but they are really promoting the program so may be less. Don't sign up for any program where you pay by the bytes used. I use as many as 100K bytes just to hook up to an internet site.

This thread covers what you need to know by the way! see>>>>

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25529&st=0

Also......

I just got a land line and am selling my Itigno mobil modem which is used with a lap top to access the GPRS AIS system.

I bought it new from AIS and will sell it for a resonable discount.

Its simple to use you just plug it into the USB port of the Lap top and your in biz.

The sim cards cost under 1000 baht.

[email protected]

09-594-9432