Swine Flu

cigarchuck

When will the first case of swine flu hit pattaya? Before the end of the Year?

Never, because it's not called Swine Flu. In the west it's called N151 Flu, in Thai it's called Kaiwat Yai Saipan Mai 2009.

Barry

You are correct. However, the flu is referred as swine flu in most countries.

I have uncovered a worrying link between the swine flu and the chinese calendar.

2007 - Chinese year of the Chicken - Bird Flu Pandemic devastates parts of Asia

2008 - Chinese year of the Horse - Equine Influenza decimates Australian racing

2009 - Chinese year of the Pig - Swine Flu Pandemic kills hundreds of pigs/humans around the globe.

It gets worse........

Next year......

2010 - Chinese year of the Cock

What could possibly go wrong?

I have uncovered a worrying link between the swine flu and the chinese calendar.

2009 - Chinese year of the Pig - Swine Flu Pandemic kills hundreds of pigs/humans around the globe.

It gets worse........

Next year......

:):D :D

Priceless.

It gets worse........

Next year......

Oh mY gawd!!!!!

kdf

2 confirmed case in LOS & I have been issued with Tamiflu Tablets for KL arriving tomorrow.(Drs. Orders)

:)

Swine flu is on the way to pattaya via mexico to us/uk/eu/canada to asia. Would it be a good idea to get some tamiflu before the supply is depleted in thailand? When you become 89 you worry about such things asHIV and SWINE FLU.

The swine flu virus is H1N1; it has the potential to mutate, either with the normal flu H3N2 vius,(which has been about for years) or, the Avian flu H5N1. If it follows previous pandemics, it'll take 3 years from start to finish; Researchers found that it mostly killed younger people. Research has been carried out into Flu at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, importantly the new work shows that infection within the virus prompted an immune response, that seems to derail the body's typical reaction to viral infection, and instead unleashes an attack by the immune system on the lungs.

As immune cells attack the respiratory system the lungs fill with fluid and victims in essence drown.

So I thought that I'd fill in the missing bits for info........... :)

The swine flu virus is H1N1; it has the potential to mutate, either with the normal flu H3N2 vius,(which has been about for years) or, the Avian flu H5N1. If it follows previous pandemics, it'll take 3 years from start to finish; Researchers found that it mostly killed younger people. Research has been carried out into Flu at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, importantly the new work shows that infection within the virus prompted an immune response, that seems to derail the body's typical reaction to viral infection, and instead unleashes an attack by the immune system on the lungs.

As immune cells attack the respiratory system the lungs fill with fluid and victims in essence drown.

So I thought that I'd fill in the missing bits for info........... :D

Thank you for the great information :)