Why Do Food Subjects Have To Be So Contentious?

Rasseru

I like the hot dogs in 7-11.

They're available all over Thailand.

Cheap, too.

Funny thing you mentioned that. My buddy told me their hamburgers weren't bad either. I just couldn't believe it. But, I've said many times that there is dining and there is eating. The two don't necessarily mix. If I dine with friends then I'm not really caring so much about the food as I am with conversation and surroundings. I don't want blaring music so I can't hear my friend across the table. Then there is eating which can be divided into two categories. One is just something to fill your belly so you don't get weak. The other is when you actually want to taste something nice.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just in, as the explanation given for why another thread was closed: 'Discussion pedophilia [sic] and prostitution is generally frowned upon because it inevitably turns rather ugly and nasty.' Eureka! That must also explain why food threads too are generally frowned upon!

Edited by Rasseru

This just in, as the explanation given for why another thread was closed: 'Discussion pedophilia [sic] and prostitution is generally frowned upon because it inevitably turns rather ugly and nasty.' Eureka! That must also explain why food threads too are generally frowned upon!

Exactly. You are not allowed to have an intellegent, rational discussion on anything controversial. Likewise you can't mention any place that sells anything if they don't advertise on Thai Visa. Quite simple really.

I think that spelling/usage is correct. It certainly is in American English language usage.

I think that spelling/usage is correct. It certainly is in American English language usage.

I think either 'discussing pedophilia' or 'discussion of pedophilia' would be correct, but 'discussion pedophilia' is not, even in American English usage. Do you really think it is correct?

Edited by Rasseru

But on the other hand i had a recent experience where i ate at a place no (names mentioned) that was highly rated by posters only to be lets say very disappointed very, but there was no way i was going to put this experience .on that particular food thread , some times i get the feeling that these food threads are a bit clicky and heaven help any one with a bad experience to add.

I cannot think of any restaurant in Chiang Mai that I have not had at least one bad experience with. Even the normally fantastic ribs at Salsa Kitchen are not very good every so often - even the amazing baked beans at He11's Kitchen.

I think that is just something that comes with the territory - we are out in the middle of Thailand - but if you are generally disappointed with a place, it might be time to strike them off your list and be done with them.

No i will go again, there is some thing else i want to try off the menu, and i met a couple of interesting guys there who i would like to see again, i live in the jungle and apart from one or two close friends i don't get much time to interact with other farrang, food is a good forum for meeting people.

I think either 'discussing pedophilia' or 'discussion of pedophilia' would be correct, but 'discussion pedophilia' is not, even in American English usage. Do you really think it is correct?

Rasseru just left out an "of". That is quite common when typing replies. Only the language police worry about it. It's often a case of the mind moving faster than the fingers.

But on the other hand i had a recent experience where i ate at a place no (names mentioned) that was highly rated by posters only to be lets say very disappointed very, but there was no way i was going to put this experience .on that particular food thread , some times i get the feeling that these food threads are a bit clicky and heaven help any one with a bad experience to add.

I cannot think of any restaurant in Chiang Mai that I have not had at least one bad experience with. Even the normally fantastic ribs at Salsa Kitchen are not very good every so often - even the amazing baked beans at He11's Kitchen.

I think that is just something that comes with the territory - we are out in the middle of Thailand - but if you are generally disappointed with a place, it might be time to strike them off your list and be done with them.

ug, to be a bit contencios ....never had ribs at salsa kitchen never knew they were good and always scared to try them since we all know where the very best ribs in town ...very possibly all of thailand are served... the "dudes" is that the name ???.oh yeh the cornbread with those ribs is heavenly....

but at salsa kitchen the mexican food is far superior for me than the other two plces mentioned earlier in the burritoes thread and u feel like you are in mexican setting too ..at least i do, but u have to think to go to this place.... park at shell gas across street..

first off the plate is served with good serving of salad and big pile of rice then they have the green chilis & garlic which is a treat i eat half the container sitting on the table....the chicken questadia,the burriotoes... very good and huge plate of food ,last time i got a combo of three or four i forget but it was good.. but what is really nice is adding the extra cheese for whatever dish u want for some amount of baht but i forget it is an add on. this place also has AC which makes a dining experience instead of a headache from CM tukk tukk smog and tukk tukk sounds.

hey had the special at .... u guessed it chez marcos last night big piece of fish sitting on spinach with mushrooms, carrots and a potatoes with it on side.. the appiterser was zachinee in olive oil and spices ,chocolate mouse for dessert @ 275 baht . oh yeh i guzzed a bottle shirez with din din..700 baht i think it was ...then added the beef capaccio after the fish special to help the shirez get finished... but then had two more glasses of wine,, left happy after a true dining experence..

marco came up to me told me a new customer that ate there told him he needed to have a chef hat on and an apron ..to be a chef.

is that contencious?

no doubt a thai TV reviewer....

i am posting these food reviews to be in tune with this oh so contencious thread,

eat well,live well and die with nothing!!

Edited by gatorhead333

Exactly. You are not allowed to have an intellegent, rational discussion on anything controversial. Likewise you can't mention any place that sells anything if they don't advertise on Thai Visa. Quite simple really.

Simple is a word.

My three year old gets to have more controversial discussions in K1 pre-school!

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Why you rat, WinnieTheKhwai! I was just getting set to make a joke based on your use of 'kindergarten', when ya hadda go 'n' change it! :)

Simple is a word.

bravo !! quite contencious... i think i spell this word wrong but hou the <deleted>> cares ,is poor spelling controversial?? how about listing te places i ate in the last 3 days:

the dukes,chez marcos. salsa kitchen, these are a few pf my favorite things.... put that to music and sing it loud and clear...