Hp Brown Sauce In Pattaya: Bottle Size & Prices

syd barrett

I am a HP Brown Sauce addict. probably because I am British, but I must say that HP Brown Sauce is very popular in Pattaya.

Most restaurants have it and it is well stocked in most Pattaya supermarkets.

The 'normal' sized bottle is 285 g; please correct me if I am wrong, and priced between 99 THB and 150 THB depending on which supermarket you go to.

Currently I have a plastic squeezy bottle of HP Brown sauce forwarded from England every ten days by DHL. (450g): Please see attached photograph.

I use it on all foods from my 'Full English Breakfast' to luncheon, to evening meal and finally supper.

Has anyone any ideas where I might purchase the plastic squeezy bottle size in Thailand, or else a discounted standard 285g (glass) bottle?

Thanks in advance for all HP Brown Sauce reports.

post-4408-1242474538_thumb.jpg

I bought a 255 Gm Bottle at Tops supermarket Last week Chang mai Airport Plaza

Sorry I dont know what I payed I Just Wanted it HP Sauce and Licolnshire Sausage

It had a Free Glass bowl so it was bound to be overpriced maybe 150

Will Check Tommorow.

MMMMmmmm love HP on Mr Beans on toast :)

You DHL every 10 days? - how much does that cost you?

I think a small bottle is about 100 Baht in Tesco

I just looked at the bottle 255 gr

Edited by loong

Not brown sauce but the same manufacturer, I noticed that Tescos has HP ketchup in English labelled bottles and Thai labelled bottles. The Thai labelled bottles are larger and yet half the price. They taste a little different but not much (Thai version a little stronger if anything). they were stacked on opposite side of the aisle too.

Maybe you should keep your eyes peeled for Thai HP brown sauce too..?

Plastic HP I have not seen in Thailand, but why dont you buy locally available bottles and transfer to your plastic bottle. Must be cheaper than DHL

I immediately wondered the same thing. What difference does it make what size the bottle is? It's GOT to be cheaper to buy two of those "normal size"285 gr. bottles, which, I believe, would total more that 450 gr. :) ; than it is to DHL a bottle from the UK every 10 days!! :D

HP Brown Sauce Report 255 g glass bottle is 119 Baht Tops Airport plaza Chang mai

Went on a spying mission today No Free glass bowl all gone

Manufactured in The Netherlands OMG

Taste same as UK manufactured stuff. :)

Thanks for feedback.

FYI I am not paying DHL fees so that is not a factor.

I was just hoping that bigger bottles or the plastic 450g size was available in Thailand.

I suppose it is only a matter of time before it is.

Thanks also to phaethon who highlighted Tesco generic brown sauce.

• 4 months later...
MMMMmmmm love HP on Mr Beans on toast :)

You DHL every 10 days? - how much does that cost you?

I think a small bottle is about 100 Baht in Tesco

I just looked at the bottle 255 gr

There is a special offer on right now (Sept 17th 2009) at Friendship Supermarket, Pattaya Tai, Pattaya, where the ten-ounze bottle is priced at 104 Baht.

Limited availability!

HP Brown Sauce Report 255 g glass bottle is 119 Baht Tops Airport plaza Chang mai

Just another British product exported, I do not think it is PC to sill usea picture of the "Houses of Parliament" may be a Windmill and a few Tulips...

Just another British product exported, I do not think it is PC to sill usea picture of the "Houses of Parliament" may be a Windmill and a few Tulips...

Funny you should mention that; you are correct it is now made in the Netherlands.

The Aston, Birmingham, factory was an early producer of HP Sauce but starting from January 1st 2010 the bottle will be labelled with the Birmingham 'Saddam Hussein Mosque' instead of the Houses of Parliament.

Please note the Saddam Hussein Mosque is now named the Birmingham Jame Mosque.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Six months have past; does anyone have an update regarding the availability of HP Brown Sauce in plastic bottles ,for sale in Pattaya?

Currently I have upgraded to the 850g bottle (I think this is the biggest) by DHL delivery.

Thanks.

There is a company in Pattaya that supplies the bars mini marts etc out here that sell a big catering bottle 4600 gms and they also sell the 255g bottle at 85 - 95 baht per bottle. I will try and find their number.

If forum rules allow this.

Edited by pff1968

Six months have past; does anyone have an update regarding the availability of HP Brown Sauce in plastic bottles ,for sale in Pattaya?

Currently I have upgraded to the 850g bottle (I think this is the biggest) by DHL delivery.

Thanks.

So now you're using 850g every 10 days?

Are you taking it intravenously???

Thanks.

Syd, I was going to say "you really should get out more" but won't as i like your "name" by the way whitch one's pink?