Cash Converters

Spaniel

When I'm in Pattaya, usually several days a month, I always shop at CarreFore and to kill a little time stop by Cash Converters to see what's new. On Friday I was there and they had a used Panasonic cordless phone for sale for B1000. I'm familiar with this phone because I just purchased a new one at HomePro here in Bangkok for B890, on sale from B990. Are their really any "deals" at this place?

When I'm in Pattaya, usually several days a month, I always shop at CarreFore and to kill a little time stop by Cash Converters to see what's new. On Friday I was there and they had a used Panasonic cordless phone for sale for B1000. I'm familiar with this phone because I just purchased a new one at HomePro here in Bangkok for B890, on sale from B990. Are their really any "deals" at this place?

no same as in the UK a ripp off.

I've bought electronic equipment there before and it either comes with no warranty or a very limited warranty and both times the devices went wrong within the first few months.

A while ago they had some nice professional frying pans - checked the price and they were 10 baht cheaper than in the kitchen equipment shop next to Foodland.

I'd stay away from anything electrical and shop around before buying anything else from there - very few bargains to be had, if any.

It's a buyer beware place.

Every so often there are deals to be had, but you really need to know what you buy and for how much...

I've availed myself of their warranty once (broken PDA), they take about 2 weeks to try and get it repaired, if that fails you get a voucher allowing you to buy stuff in their shop for the same value as the broken item, with a valid time of 6 months to give you the chance to ait for something that you might need.

Mainly I bought stuff that's obsolete and hard to find but for which I still have a use (example a MD player/recorder, have heaps of MD's full of music)...

It's a buyer beware place.

Every so often there are deals to be had, but you really need to know what you buy and for how much...

I've availed myself of their warranty once (broken PDA), they take about 2 weeks to try and get it repaired, if that fails you get a voucher allowing you to buy stuff in their shop for the same value as the broken item, with a valid time of 6 months to give you the chance to ait for something that you might need.

Mainly I bought stuff that's obsolete and hard to find but for which I still have a use (example a MD player/recorder, have heaps of MD's full of music)...

By coincidence, I have a load of MD's and an old broken MD portable player.

I wonder if I might be able to pick up a hi-fi style MD player/recorder I could add to my aux input of my amplifier?

I will check the place out next week. Did you see any MD hi-fi units?

Thanks.

The place is a joke, I have looked in many times, why I wonder? They had a nice looking watch a while back, but a little research revealed it was more expensive than buying new!

(example a MD player/recorder, have heaps of MD's full of music)...

Whats an MD?

Mini Disc. One of the very first digital recordable devices invented by Sony.

They use the ATRAC compression scheme.

I have a NetMD, meaning I can just transfer music from my PC onto the disc. 1 disc can hold up to 320 minutes in LP4 mode, but not at very high quality. Best trade of for me is LP2 which allows 160 minutes on 1 disc.

250px-Minidisc_Sony_MZ1.jpg

Completely overtaken by flash based mp3 players nowadays. But useful for people who still have lots of MD's!

By coincidence, I have a load of MD's and an old broken MD portable player.

I wonder if I might be able to pick up a hi-fi style MD player/recorder I could add to my aux input of my amplifier?

I will check the place out next week. Did you see any MD hi-fi units?

Thanks.

Never seen one of those MD hifi ones. Most of them are of the USB NetMD variation, which will play everything apart from the HiMD discs. And allows you to record discs!

I got a JVC one, forgot how much I paid for it but it was the only place I could find one locally.