Peking Duck

lemel

I am looking to find crispy peking duck which falls off the breast/bone that goes with pancakes/spring onion/plum sauce etc!!! i do not want just the skin and the rest of the breast made into a choice of different dishes but just as stated above.

The question is, does anybody know where it is possible to get this. have tried most of the usual places including Royal Cliff, to no avail.

I am looking to find crispy peking duck which falls off the breast/bone that goes with pancakes/spring onion/plum sauce etc!!! i do not want just the skin and the rest of the breast made into a choice of different dishes but just as stated above.

The question is, does anybody know where it is possible to get this. have tried most of the usual places including Royal Cliff, to no avail.

In another thread, someone recently described having what I took from his description to be Peking Duck at the Chinese restaurant outlet at the Siam Bayshore Hotel (at the Bali Hai end of Walking Street) as being very good. You will have to contact them as to whether they serve only the skin or the skin and meat with the wrappers, onions, and Hoisin sauce (not plum sauce) as either way is acceptable.

An An Lao Restaurant

331/1-3 Soi Thonglor Sukhumwit 55 Rd.

Klongtan, Wattana

Bangkok 10110

Tel. 0-2392-6447 , 0-2712-6859

http://www.ananlao.com/promotion.html

Only 350 Baht for a whole bird ain't so bad, right?

And it's real yummy.

Going there for years.

The Chinese in Central, however its a two person dish, and again serves the traditional Chinese way rather than the western way with skin only. It takes ages and is about 500 baht for 2, I tried it once and would not eat it again there.

Also try the Orange restaurant on top floor of the Avenues, sorry I can't remember the price however it was the better of the two places serving meat as well as skin.

My first try was a few years ago at the Chinese in Royal Garden, the Rice Mill, I didn't notice the price, (3000 for the whole duck), they served me just the skin saying the rest of the duck wasn't cooked, 3000 baht for some duck skin!! I made them pack the duck and took it home to cook.

An An Lao Restaurant

331/1-3 Soi Thonglor Sukhumwit 55 Rd.

Klongtan, Wattana

Bangkok 10110

Tel. 0-2392-6447 , 0-2712-6859

http://www.ananlao.com/promotion.html

Only 350 Baht for a whole bird ain't so bad, right?

And it's real yummy.

Going there for years.

I am going to follow this up,

Good Posting,rheinwiese

Thank You Wiley Coyote

As MeetJohnDoe mentioned, try Narissa. This is the Chinese restaurant on the Beach Road side of Siam Bayview. Its not just skin, but be advised the meat is very dry. The Chinese pancakes are very good, and the dish is served with green onion and sauce.

• 3 weeks later...

I couldnt help myself.

CHICKEN AT A CHINESE RESTAURANT

A couple go for a meal at a Chinese restaurant and order the "Chicken

Surprise". The waiter brings the meal, served in a lidded cast iron pot.

Just as the wife is about to serve herself, the lid of the pot rises

slightly and she briefly sees two beady little eyes looking around

before the lid slams back down.

"Good grief, did you see that?" she asks her husband.

He hasn't, so she asks him to look in the pot. He reaches for it and

again the lid rises, and he sees two little eyes looking around before it slams down.

Rather perturbed, he calls the waiter over, explains what is happening, and demands an explanation.

"Please sir," says the waiter, "what you order?"

The husband replies, "Chicken Surprise."

You're going to love this....................

"Ah... so sorry," says the waiter, "I bring you Peeking Duck"