0% Interest Charges On Car Purchase

I know Ford were doing it a few years back, well, the Ford in dealer in Loei was.

Just wondering in these hard economic times what the major Dealers are offering lately in the way of discounts for cash or any zero interest repayment deals.

Mazda offered me 0% on a pickup yesterday, however I will hold out for a Toyota

Financing is a convoluted path here and the 3.85% Toyota quoted me is PER MONTH on the total loan amount, IE if you borrow 500K you are paying interest on the entire 500K over the entire term, and there is no advantage to a balloon payment. Sort of like dealing with a loan shark

At this rate it is cheaper to pay with Visa !!

The bank offered me a floating monthly rate of 2.6% annual on the outstanding balance. Note that the rate floats and is revised every month. Not such a bad deal but the hook is that they want a term deposit in an equal amount to the loan on which they will pay 0.85% The 2.6% is therefore decremented by the TD rate, less income tax at 15%.

Loan payments are "new money" and do not come out of the TD. TD is for the entire amount of the loan and cannot be drawn down in lock step with the loan.

They already have a TD to guarantee my Visa so I am not too keen on giving them another TD for a truck. The question remains if that if I can give them a TD why not just pay cash for the truck

I am thinking of paying the 1.5% fee and buying the truck with my Visa card to get the airmiles. 7500B incremental cost for Visa and 20,000 miles or 20% of a business class ticket to Canada. Pay the Visa bill in full when it arrives next month

Put in on your Visa and pay it off at the end of the month.

As far as 0% financing, I'd like to see it with Toyota or Honda, but don't think it's going to happen.

Iv only seen 0% on slow selling cars like Ford, Mazda, Mitsu, Chevy.....

Honda and Toyota have both slowed down production, and have to be ordered months ahead of delivery.

Got an offer on 0%/48 months on BMW 320D during BKK motorshow, but thats a 3 mill baht car (or more?, never checcked)

Mazda offered me 0% on a pickup yesterday, however I will hold out for a Toyota

Financing is a convoluted path here and the 3.85% Toyota quoted me is PER MONTH on the total loan amount, IE if you borrow 500K you are paying interest on the entire 500K over the entire term, and there is no advantage to a balloon payment. Sort of like dealing with a loan shark

At this rate it is cheaper to pay with Visa !!

The bank offered me a floating monthly rate of 2.6% annual on the outstanding balance. Note that the rate floats and is revised every month. Not such a bad deal but the hook is that they want a term deposit in an equal amount to the loan on which they will pay 0.85% The 2.6% is therefore decremented by the TD rate, less income tax at 15%.

Loan payments are "new money" and do not come out of the TD. TD is for the entire amount of the loan and cannot be drawn down in lock step with the loan.

They already have a TD to guarantee my Visa so I am not too keen on giving them another TD for a truck. The question remains if that if I can give them a TD why not just pay cash for the truck

I am thinking of paying the 1.5% fee and buying the truck with my Visa card to get the airmiles. 7500B incremental cost for Visa and 20,000 miles or 20% of a business class ticket to Canada. Pay the Visa bill in full when it arrives next month

No is't not per month, it's per year, but of course every year from the whole amount. Some Carmakers offers 0% but only if you pay off withhin 1 or 2 years. Most of customers take a loan for 4 or 5 year. This loans aren't interest free.

withhin 1 or 2 years. Most of customers take a loan for 4 or 5 year. This loans aren't interest free.

As I said, 0% over 48 months. BMW 320D and MB E 200K.

I mean "normal cars" Who can afford a new BMW or Benz in Thailand?

withhin 1 or 2 years. Most of customers take a loan for 4 or 5 year. This loans aren't interest free.

Approx 12.000 BMW/MB cars sold a year.

Thats more cars than Nissan, Mazda, Chevrolet, Mitsubishi, Ford.

According to sales statistics last 12 months.

Approx 12.000 BMW/MB cars sold a year.

Thats more cars than Nissan, Mazda, Chevrolet, Mitsubishi, Ford.

According to sales statistics last 12 months.

I think this must be a mistake. Use of common senses tells me: If Nissan and Co. (named above) not even sold 12'000 units together, they would be bankrupt. Basicly i see more new Tidas and Mitsus on the Road than new Beamers.

So they want to charge you 1.9% so you can borrow your own cash :)

I think this must be a mistake. Use of common senses tells me: If Nissan and Co. (named above) not even sold 12'000 units together, they would be bankrupt. Basicly i see more new Tidas and Mitsus on the Road than new Beamers.

No mistake

What you see is not whats beeing sold.

2009, January-April. Benz sold 1433 cars and Mitsu 895. According to Auto industry figures published in BKK Post 29 May 2009. BMW had a lousy first quarter with only 458 units. Still BMW/MB 12.000 units a year. Not bad.