New Vigo?

I am going to buy a new pickup and Toyota is at the top of the list.

Anyone know if there is a new Vigo in the works as I will be pi$$ed if I buy a sunset model

I read in the BKK Post yesterday that GM is planning a new truck

yep new one on the drawing board, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... they always plan on a face lift every few years.

i think the Vigo is maybe due for a slight overhaul. But seriously i don't know.

Anyone know if there is a new Vigo in the works as I will be pi$$ed if I buy a sunset model

Save some Baht get a Chevy, you are just paying more for a Toyota, with most going to the Union fees. :)

Yep and I have read that GM are 62Bill$ in the poop and are going bankrupt on Monday.

GM Europe maybe safe with Opel & Vauxhall being sold off, but still job losses predicted.

I wonder how GM Thailand will be affected.

Does GM own Isuzu outright or part of it?

Vigo is a good choice, certainly plenty about!.

Vigo facelifted late 2008, first ever change since it came out september 2004.

Probably no change for 1 1/2 year. Still has 40% of the market in LOS.

I have tried both, Vigo and Dmax, last year. The Vigo has more power. Dmax has better brakes, suspensions, less fuel consumption, and many extras are included.

I bought the top Dmax 4x4 auto 08 Gold Series and I am happy until now with two exceptions. The turning circle is really wide and bad drivability in curves. But that's disadvantage of all pick ups I guess.

I have tried both, Vigo and Dmax, last year. The Vigo has more power. Dmax has better brakes, suspensions, less fuel consumption, and many extras are included.

I bought the top Dmax 4x4 auto 08 Gold Series and I am happy until now with two exceptions. The turning circle is really wide and bad drivability in curves. But that's disadvantage of all pick ups I guess.

Isuzu and Chevy Thailand are investing in new tools for new pickup and SUV, so they will probably be the first sunsetmodels in LOS

Edit Last year Dmax was gold this year is platinum, now its time for new model

Edited by katabeachbum

Apart from looks - the Vigo range just about outdoes all it's competitors on just about everything.

Engine - especially after a few miles.

power per baht

power per RPM

engine noise - much quieter than competitors = especially after a few 1000 km.

re-sale value - it's not without good reason it holds it's value - which of course in turn helps it to hold its value!

The recent face lift was to make it look reminiscent of it's good-looking predecessor.

I would thing that a major face-lift and technical mods are likely before a completely new model is released - but then it all depends on what you define as "new model"

any new model from GM, may well be hampered by the current situation of the company - even though it is probably going to come from Izusu.

Apart from looks - the Vigo range just about outdoes all it's competitors on just about everything.

Engine - especially after a few miles.

power per baht

power per RPM

engine noise - much quieter than competitors = especially after a few 1000 km.

re-sale value - it's not without good reason it holds it's value - which of course in turn helps it to hold its value!

The recent face lift was to make it look reminiscent of it's good-looking predecessor.

I would thing that a major face-lift and technical mods are likely before a completely new model is released - but then it all depends on what you define as "new model"

any new model from GM, may well be hampered by the current situation of the company - even though it is probably going to come from Izusu.

Seems most people judge cars by the barometer of what they own. Will be buying a truck soon and will buy a Mitsu or Isuzu, just don't like the Toyotas. Guess i will then be plugging whatever I buy, need to justify my decision after all.

I find the people that knock toyota are similar to the ones that knock honda bikes, ,out of touch, both are best in their field, period,..looks are in the eye of the beerholder !,reliability/resale speaks for itself,. .

Edited by SMEEERE

I find the people that knock toyota are similar to the ones that knock honda bikes, ,out of touch, both are best in their field, period,..looks are in the eye of the beerholder !,reliability/resale speaks for itself,. .

Beeing happy owner of a Vigo, I actually think the best TOP OF THE LINE LOS pickup buy today is Nissan. 70 k less than similar Toyota, and more power, 5 speed auto, Xenon, dual airbags, more comfy ride. Until Vigos facelift late 2008, Nissan also had better brakes. 0,99% finance available sometimes too.