The Morning After Pill - Pregnancy Prevention

atelko

Had a conversation with a friend of mine here in Thailand, who had a little accident with a lady over here.

the girl was not using any anti baby pill and the condom was broken after the act. So now we are not sure if the girl did not use any anti baby pill because they are officially not allowed here in thailand.

is it possible to get the morning after pill that is used to prevent pregnancy after the sexual act and not using the regular pill?

if so, where can the guy or the girl get the pill and how much does it cost about?

can the guy go to the pharmacy or has to go to the hospital and buy some or does the girl have to go and get them?

i know from a good friend of mine who is living in germany , that just women can get the pill in a hospital and men wont get them.

but how is that handled in thailand?

hope you guys can help me and/or my friend with some infos asap, because i think the morning after pill can be used up to 48 hours after the accident, right?

just for the record: it is not about me. The guy is much older than me and is not into internet and his english is not good, too. that is why i am trying to get some informations through this forum :)

thanks

Correct. "Postinor" is another common brand name. Available OTC everywhere.

Should be used within 72 hours, the sooner the better. However recent research has shown that there is still some benefit when taken as much as a week or two later. In that case the risk of pregnancy will be reduced only somehwat whereas if taken withion 72 hours risk bnecomes almost nil.

I am not sure what you meant by "we are not sure if the girl did not use any anti baby pill because they are officially not allowed here in thailand." ? Birth control pills are not only allowed here, they are sold without prescription.