Jomtien Immigration Pleasant Experience.

I went to Jomtien Immigration Thursday morning to do my Extension for Retirement. It was super easy. I took my number for desk 8 and was called as I pulled my number out of the spitter. No one in line. The man at desk 8 looked at my package (prepared by the copy shop next door), saw everything was OK, stamped a couple of pages, had me sign all the pages, and took my 1900 baht. The lady next to him took my picture and sent me on to the lady at the desk behind them. She asked me if I rented or owned, initialed a few things, and told me to come back Friday afternoon for my passport.

I was in at five after nine and out at fifteen after nine.

All trips to Immigration are not horror stories.

I went to Jomtien Immigration Thursday morning to do my Extension for Retirement. It was super easy. I took my number for desk 8 and was called as I pulled my number out of the spitter. No one in line. The man at desk 8 looked at my package (prepared by the copy shop next door), saw everything was OK, stamped a couple of pages, had me sign all the pages, and took my 1900 baht. The lady next to him took my picture and sent me on to the lady at the desk behind them. She asked me if I rented or owned, initialed a few things, and told me to come back Friday afternoon for my passport.

I've now done 3 extentions on my Retirement Visa. Each time, my experience has been very much like yours. The longest I've waited before service was about 15 minutes. The same has been true for all of my 90-Day address reports. The changing rules have caught me short a copy or two over the years. But a quick trip next door fixed such problems. I have found the Jomtien Immigration Office to be the most efficient operation of ANY KIND in Thailand!

Extended my tourist visa by 30 days on Friday.

Walked in the door at 8:30 with photocopies and a picture.... Walked out with an extension at 8:47

The visa extenders were few in number while the retrement visa numbers were four times as many.

Is it no longer necessary for us to bring our own photographs?

Isn't that sad when people actually take the time to post, saying something along the lines of, "I went to immigration and they did their job in an efficient manner."

No criticism to the OP. I can understand why in Thailand people think that receiving efficient service from immigration is exceptional. But I have to laugh because making a post like this that compliments the immigration staff for doing their jobs properly is really a form of insulting them by inadvertently saying that they're usually a bunch of inept incompetents. And of course we all know that that's not true. 555

"Is it no longer necessary for us to bring our own photographs? "

You must still bring a photo. The instructions say two but they only used one which was stapled to my paperwork by the folks in the copy shop next door. Not sure but I think the copy shop will take your picture if you want them to. My assumption is that the one the lady in Immigration takes is for Immigration's computer.

Went down today to do my 90 day report, I already had the form filled out, I went in at 0840 and was out the door at 0843, the officer didn’t even check my proof of where I was staying. It was very refreshing to have dealings with a govt dept go so smoothly, I was expecting a problem as the room my wife and I stay in is in her name. :)