Vfs Tracking Message

Just a quick query, submitted partners VV application on the 12th June, up till now VFS tracking has said passport sent to Embassy etc.

Now it says Application collected 26th June.

Does this mean VFS have the passport? ie they have "collected" the application from the Embassy and it is available for us to collect (On Monday)

My GF must have this, I dont

If you are talking UK visa, then:

The relevant reference given to you by previous poster is the 'Applicant Ref' on the receipt (looks like a till roll receipt from Tesco) she will have been given as she left VFS at Regent House. She also needs that receipt to collect her passport.

I don't know the answer to your first question, but it is possible to speak to VFS - they are quite knowledgeable and helpful once you can get through and they speak much better English than the automatic anouncer telling you to "prease pless wan" - she must have been deliberately employed to strike discouragement into the hearts of any falang who phone in! Just keep trying various of their telephone 'please press x' numbers and then press # to go back to the menu. After a few minutes of trying out various options and returning to the main menu one of the options you will be given will be to speak to an agent. Maybe someone out there knows the code but I think it is random - or when an agent frees up.

Considering how obtuse it is to get through to an agent you actually get to speak to someone remarkably quickly once given the option.

Sounds like good news but don't know whether it means ready to pick up. We applied on June 8th but are still showing 'Passport sent to Embassy' and they threaten that visit visas are taking 4-6 weeks to process. The Brits really do treat intended guests like mushrooms.

Out of interest what date did you put as planning to travel? It could give me some intelligence as to whether we might get ours before our July 15th intended date. Ignore the question if it's not a UK visa your other half is applying for.

Edited by SantiSuk

My GF must have this, I dont

If you are talking UK visa, then:

The relevant reference given to you by previous poster is the 'Applicant Ref' on the receipt (looks like a till roll receipt from Tesco) she will have been given as she left VFS at Regent House. She also needs that receipt to collect her passport.

I don't know the answer to your first question, but it is possible to speak to VFS - they are quite knowledgeable and helpful once you can get through and they speak much better English than the automatic anouncer telling you to "prease pless wan" - she must have been deliberately employed to strike discouragement into the hearts of any falang who phone in! Just keep trying various of their telephone 'please press x' numbers and then press # to go back to the menu. After a few minutes of trying out various options and returning to the main menu one of the options you will be given will be to speak to an agent. Maybe someone out there knows the code but I think it is random - or when an agent frees up.

Considering how obtuse it is to get through to an agent you actually get to speak to someone remarkably quickly once given the option.

Sounds like good news but don't know whether it means ready to pick up. We applied on June 8th but are still showing 'Passport sent to Embassy' and they threaten that visit visas are taking 4-6 weeks to process. The Brits really do treat intended guests like mushrooms.

Out of interest what date did you put as planning to travel? It could give me some intelligence as to whether we might get ours before our July 15th intended date. Ignore the question if it's not a UK visa your other half is applying for.

We applied on the 2nd June. There is conflicting info out there. On the VFS website it sez 5-7 days for a Thai applying, then in the PDF link they give on the same site they suggest different percentages on a sliding timescale. 98% of visas returned by 30 days , 100% by 60days!!!.

Ironically, the staff asked my wife why she was applying so early as we are planning to travel in early August. Not exactly early if it goes wrong. To date no visa.

Edited by teddy_bare

There is conflicting info out there. On the VFS website it sez 5-7 days for a Thai applying, then in the PDF link they give on the same site they suggest different percentages on a sliding timescale. 98% of visas returned by 30 days , 100% by 60days!!!.

Useful to have your input CeeGee.

When we went to Regent House to apply on 8th June they had posted a notice on the 6th June saying they had encountered a recent and significant increase in visa applications and that's why the processing time has gone up. I had looked at the Pdf file (April results) at the end of May and it said 75% were being cleared within 10 days - which is why I was a bit peed off to see the notice and with potentially having to pay for changed and later flights. The Pdf now available is the May results, which are the ones you refer to I think, and are worse than April's but still much better than a 4-6 weeks prediction. Either they are being conservative or (more likely) the bulge in applications came in May, too late to impact the Pdf statistics.

Would appreciate you posting here when you do get notice that you have a visa, since ours could be on a knife-edge in a couple of weeks time.

I agree that on the VFS web-site is does boast a much quicker time, but in the small print it does caution that it can be longer in periods of high activity. They also flag up the current delay on their phone-in line

I think we should all indicate our frustration to the UK Embassy on the feedback section of their website and I plan on writing to the FCO and my MP if nothing happens in the next 10 days. Sometimes letters have a marginal effect. Last year we went to Regent House and I was hacked off by the agents in the adjoining offices running around alarming all the Thai girls that it was hugely difficult to get a UK visa (so they could get fees). What rubbish. This seemed to have stopped this visit - I like to think due to my written complaints to the embassy about the bad image it was painting of the UK - but I guess now that someone is going to disillusion me and say it still happens!!

Would appreciate you posting here when you do get notice that you have a visa, since ours could be on a knife-edge in a couple of weeks time.

I agree that on the VFS web-site is does boast a much quicker time, but in the small print it does caution that it can be longer in periods of high activity. They also flag up the current delay on their phone-in line

I think we should all indicate our frustration to the UK Embassy on the feedback section of their website and I plan on writing to the FCO and my MP if nothing happens in the next 10 days. Sometimes letters have a marginal effect. Last year we went to Regent House and I was hacked off by the agents in the adjoining offices running around alarming all the Thai girls that it was hugely difficult to get a UK visa (so they could get fees). What rubbish. This seemed to have stopped this visit - I like to think due to my written complaints to the embassy about the bad image it was painting of the UK - but I guess now that someone is going to disillusion me and say it still happens!!

No problems on notifying you.

The agent office tried to catch us as we approached the Visa office. Experience allowed to me to recognise and fob them off easily. The Visa office greeter was very friendly and assertive about who gets in to the office. I wasn't expecting to go in anyway as I understood the appointment was to just submit the application. They still had her in for about 90 minutes. Apparently only asked about 4 questions, one of them being 'why applying so early?' the others were about info already on the form. The rest of the time was waiting. She even managed to jump the queue due to the 8 month bulge clearly showing. Couldn't understand the point of the appointment system if they still queue.

Anyway checking everyday as I want to book the flights soon.

i'll keep you updated