Bank Statement For Retirement Visa

Mick303

Hi,

I have a question that I hope some of you good people can help with.

I have an account with Bangkok Bank based in Pattanakarn Bangkok, for my retirement visa I need a bank statement showing account balance ect, been told at the Bangkok Bank in Big C supermarket that I have to go to my branch for statement. Is it possible that Immigration will accept a printed copy of Account detail from Internet account and Blue bank book.

Any help appreciated

Try the Bangkok Bank on 2nd Road across from Soi 6. They've done what you want for me in years past. (My account is also in Bangkok at the Suk-Soi 8 branch.) Very, very doubtful anything but the letter will suffice.

-redwood

Is it possible that Immigration will accept a printed copy of Account detail from Internet account and Blue bank book

im sorry but i doubt that very much !

chiang mai immigration ask for a copy of your statement that day and it also has to have the balance stamped and signd .

also the passbook has to be updated that day.

thats my expearence at least.

other offices may be easier on you but i wouldnt bank on it

dave2

Is it possible that Immigration will accept a printed copy of Account detail from Internet account and Blue bank book

im sorry but i doubt that very much !

chiang mai immigration ask for a copy of your statement that day and it also has to have the balance stamped and signd .

also the passbook has to be updated that day.

thats my expearence at least.

other offices may be easier on you but i wouldnt bank on it

dave2

Thanks guy's appreciated

Hi,

I have an account with Bangkok Bank based in Pattanakarn Bangkok, for my retirement visa I need a bank statement showing account balance ect, been told at the Bangkok Bank in Big C supermarket that I have to go to my branch for statement. Is it possible that Immigration will accept a printed copy of Account detail from Internet account and Blue bank book.

Any help appreciated

Bangkok bank is a joke. Their staff have no idea what services they should be offering, and this applies to all their branches. Switch to Kasikorn and you'll find a much more helpful bank.

Hi,

Any help appreciated

Bangkok bank is a joke. Their staff have no idea what services they should be offering, and this applies to all their branches. Switch to Kasikorn and you'll find a much more helpful bank.

So you had a bad experience.......I could make the same comment about Kasikorn. I switched to Bangkok Bank 6 years ago and have always had excellent service!

"Bangkok bank is a joke. Their staff have no idea what services they should be offering, and this applies to all their branches. Switch to Kasikorn and you'll find a much more helpful bank."

I go to the above mentioned Bangkok Bank branch on Second Road at least once a month and have never had a problem in three years. Go to the first desk on the left as you enter. They used to have a "take a number" system but stopped that about six months ago. Now you just sit in the area of the desk and take turns on the honor system.

"Bangkok bank is a joke. Their staff have no idea what services they should be offering, and this applies to all their branches. Switch to Kasikorn and you'll find a much more helpful bank."

I go to the above mentioned Bangkok Bank branch on Second Road at least once a month and have never had a problem in three years. Go to the first desk on the left as you enter. They used to have a "take a number" system but stopped that about six months ago. Now you just sit in the area of the desk and take turns on the honor system.

agree with this poster - i have had an account at this branch for almost 4 ears now and have never had a problem - they are farang friendly and know which forms immigration needs - only gripe i have is the charge for the letter - in my opinion shpould be free if you have an account balance over a certain amount say 500,000 baht but they still charge the fee

When I first moved to Thailand a few years ago I brought some cash from the sale of a car just before I left. I went, along with the wife, to the local Bangkok Bank branch to change 500 sterling into baht. Well there followed a 30 minute comedy show of photocopying passports and ID cards, filling out forms, photocopying them in triplicate, being sent from one desk to another and a stupendous amount of rubber stamping. I was in stitches! When the performance approached it's conclusion and they were finally about to hand over the money I scooped up the 500 quid and left, leaving them with a pile of paper to unravel.

The wife, being Thai, was mortified. "This is Thailand (TIT!)" says she. "Banks have to do all that stuff". "No they don't" says I and took her a short distance down the road to an exchange bureau, smiled at the girl and handed over my dosh. Within 30 seconds I was walking away with my Thai baht and not a single form in sight.

On another occasion the missus was in the Pattaya second road branch. After another half hour of form filling and stamping she said to a woman there "....but when my husband sends money here from abroad he just makes a short phone call and it's done". "No no no dear' said the woman, patronisingly. "Your husband has been telling you big fat porkies. I've been working in this bank for 20 years and that's just not possible!" Being Asian, it's not often that the wife loses it in public but she did that time. The hilarious thing is that BB, according to their literature, offer just such a telephone banking service themselves.

Don't get me started on Bangkok Bank.