TCT course for foreign teachers

MarcelV

59 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

I would rather have an aspiring unlicensed teacher with good ideas on proper education than the crop of teachers being foisted upon the public school system around the world today.

Good ideas on proper education.

I guess you've never taught here. It's a wasteland of chancers.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Meanwhile teachers in other parts of the world are indoctrinating the children to transition rather than teaching the ABC's and Math

Doing it here as well. Don't fool yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

You want to be teaching the ones that can. ????

Even Thailand's absolute elite schools with the country's top students such as Triam, Satit Chula, Satriwittaya, Suankularb, etc. etc. hire foreign teachers without full teacher's license. The parents could easily afford good international schools in Bangkok or even to educate their kids abroad, btw.

Edited by FruitPudding

Stay on topic please. I wanna get some kinda teaching credit here in Thailand. Any way to study some online course or something? I've been teaching here for 7 years and next year they will probably kick me out if I don't get qualified.

I get nothing from the TCT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

which is clearly an indication of a low EQ.

Are you being ironic ? What's an EQ ?

To the OP , what subject were you hoping to teach .

You gotta be realistic dude. Aint much point in goin for the English gig. You gotta look at other gigs if you gonna git the gig ya want dude.

Edited by Denim
  • Haha 2

C'mon people, please answer my question.

I am interested in doing the TCT modules for non-licensed teachers, in order to get a professional license.

Who is in the same boat as me? There must be someone on AN who knows about it and has registered too.

The payment deadline of August 30 is looming and the TCT is not responsive.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2023 at 7:40 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

I would rather have an aspiring unlicensed teacher with good ideas on proper education than the crop of teachers being foisted upon the public school system around the world today.

I would react after teaching for 41 years but … as I retired in 2011 … good luck, just glad to not have to be dealing with such attitudes today.

On 8/27/2023 at 8:10 AM, MarcelV said:

Dude,I got 7 years of experience already. Also got a bachelor's degree. I ain't exactly a noob y'all. Just wanna make sure what im signing up for,and how.

A very quick search online brought up half a dozen websites which explain clearly exactly what qualifications you need on top of your bachelor's degree in order to teach in Thailand. 

That you yourself didn't manage to do that but instead chose to ask in these forums does not exactly speak of great competence in the skillsets required by teachers these days. 

And no, I'm not going to list those websites. As my old French teacher used to say to the class, "you just want to be spoon-fed!" 

• Sad 2

On 8/27/2023 at 3:10 AM, MarcelV said:

Dude,I got 7 years of experience already. Also got a bachelor's degree. I ain't exactly a noob y'all. Just wanna make sure what im signing up for,and how.

Batcheler degree mean nothing   here just paper to wipe something

teaching here is like the wild west  i am not a teacher but senior engineer  and give english free for who wants it but some of the kids just look there phone no interest so we stopped 

have a great teaching career here

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drumbuie said:

A very quick search online brought up half a dozen websites which explain clearly exactly what qualifications you need on top of your bachelor's degree in order to teach in Thailand. 

That you yourself didn't manage to do that but instead chose to ask in these forums does not exactly speak of great competence in the skillsets required by teachers these days. 

And no, I'm not going to list those websites. As my old French teacher used to say to the class, "you just want to be spoon-fed!" 

Website showing what you need to teach in Thailand and what KSP require is a different kettle of fish.

Tests, courses, etc have been moved, cancelled, reinstated, changed, renewed, etc many times over the years.

The OP's request is a valid one.

You seem to have the info. Why not post a link that answers the questions asked with regards to current KSP requirements, dates and locations of tests and courses? 

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, MarcelV said:

Stay on topic please. I wanna get some kinda teaching credit here in Thailand. Any way to study some online course or something? I've been teaching here for 7 years and next year they will probably kick me out if I don't get qualified.

I get nothing from the TCT.

Have you ever read the qualifications for getting a license from TCT?

https://seetefl.com/tct-teaching-license/

start about 1/2 way down the page with; "Requirements..."

1 hour ago, mikecha said:

Batcheler degree mean nothing   here just paper to wipe something

teaching here is like the wild west  i am not a teacher but senior engineer  and give english free for who wants it but some of the kids just look there phone no interest so we stopped 

have a great teaching career here

I hope you don't teach punctuation. ????????

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Have you ever read the qualifications for getting a license from TCT?

https://seetefl.com/tct-teaching-license/

start about 1/2 way down the page with; "Requirements..."

Yes, I have read it, and I qualify for the teacher licence according to this outdated list. In practice, however, I do NOT qualify because the graduate diploma in teaching I possess is no longer recognized. Basically, if that diploma wasn't acquired from a recognized shortlist (very short) of institutions, then the TCT does not recognize it. 

This leaves me with the only current viable route being the modules offered by the TCT themselves. If they don't dispatch any info about it, what am I supposed to do?

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

Yes, I have read it, and I qualify for the teacher licence according to this outdated list. In practice, however, I do NOT qualify because the graduate diploma in teaching I possess is no longer recognized. Basically, if that diploma wasn't acquired from a recognized shortlist (very short) of institutions, then the TCT does not recognize it. 

This leaves me with the only current viable route being the modules offered by the TCT themselves. If they don't dispatch any info about it, what am I supposed to do?

That list (if you read it) is from 2023. It also states quite clearly that if your institution is not listed, YOU should go there in person and ask them with your certificate in hand.

It also states that it's the school that should be applying for you and a letter from the school's director carries a lot of weight in bypassing small hurdles.

1 hour ago, mrwebb8825 said:

That list (if you read it) is from 2023. It also states quite clearly that if your institution is not listed, YOU should go there in person and ask them with your certificate in hand.

It also states that it's the school that should be applying for you and a letter from the school's director carries a lot of weight in bypassing small hurdles.

Prepared by a commercial site with no affiliation to KSP.

No on knows what going on as KSP keep moving the goal posts. 

I constantly tried to get a licence from 2006 to 2019. Nothing but hassle. Just as one qualifies, the rules changed. In the end, I gave up.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

So you admit your failure... why can't young people today write a coherent sentence or spell and punctuate properly?

Very funny, seeing as you are ignorant of my background. Reality was while teaching history, I required my students to be able to locate the countries we studied and be able to spell the names of those countries correctly (I accepted the spelling in English or that country’s language). I was the guy you wanted to avoid in studying history, I actually wanted my students to study and learn. As part of the result, pay raises partly based on student evaluations, sees me retired in Thailand. I cannot afford to have a working middle class retirement in the USA on my $2400.00 usd per month.

23 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Very funny, seeing as you are ignorant of my background. Reality was while teaching history, I required my students to be able to locate the countries we studied and be able to spell the names of those countries correctly (I accepted the spelling in English or that country’s language). I was the guy you wanted to avoid in studying history, I actually wanted my students to study and learn. As part of the result, pay raises partly based on student evaluations, sees me retired in Thailand. I cannot afford to have a working middle class retirement in the USA on my $2400.00 usd per month.

You just may be the exception to the rule...