Headaches, Breathing Problems And

Tornado

I had forgotten about this thread - sorry!

Well I have finally figurred it out  :D

After seeing Richard (the Chiro), seeing the Reiki and oxygen chamber guy. as well as the docs at the hospital, it has all come down to breathing whilst working out.

I really did know how important it is to breath clearly whilst doing weights/sport, but if one has sinus problems or a cold, it can make the breathing difficult.

The day I did preacher curls, I tried tooooooooo hard and did not keep breathing as I was straining with the weight (200 pound  :o ). I failed to breath properly, no oxygen in brain and the end result is known.

Cheers for all the posts, even Boon Mee's  :D  :D  :D

200lb preacher curls ?

Perhaps cut down on the steroids.....

After seeing Richard (the Chiro), seeing the Reiki and oxygen chamber guy. as well as the docs at the hospital, it has all come down to breathing whilst working out.

I really did know how important it is to breath clearly whilst doing weights/sport, but if one has sinus problems or a cold, it can make the breathing difficult.

The day I did preacher curls, I tried tooooooooo hard and did not keep breathing as I was straining with the weight (200 pound  :o ). I failed to breath properly, no oxygen in brain and the end result is known.

200lb preacher curls ?

Perhaps cut down on the steroids.....

or the LSD, as I was obviously tripping :D:D

Edited by Tornado

Good to hear you're on the mend, Gent. Was getting worried.

200lb.curls??? Man, no wonder Georgie's worried! :D

I have had a headache for the last fourweeks, it has been constant and started on the right side of my head and now seems to have moved all over the top of my head, from the top of my hairline to the back of my neck. I have also been having trouble breathing and last night, I thought my heart stopped a few beats and couldnt get my breath. I also started gym about 1 month ago and whilst doing preacher curls, I tried too hard and my headaches started from that day.

I hardly drink (once a week/ twice a month?), eat very well and excersise 6 days a week, but I do smoke cigs.

I am off to the doctors now as I didnt think I would live last night. I am going to get a head x ray (no jokes :D ) and my blood work done - Ill see what the outcome is  :D .

I think Pepe is a DR or anyone else that can give any advice would be real helpfull to me, as I am really worried - I never get sick and never go to the docs.

Off I go  :o

I have the similar syndrome now and then when I work too hard and too much stress and too less sleep. Open the windows and breathe the fresh air deeply with more oxygen will help you out.

that diagnosis doesnt sound right.

if the brain becomes low on oxygen the body will quickly work to increase blood flow to the head and the condition will right itself , thats why postural hypotension results in a faint.

low oxygen levels in the brain would make you instantly dizzy , you would be forced to stop whatever you were doing and allow the situation to correct itself by taking a few deep breaths , it would be a natural reaction.

shortage of oxygen to the brain due to incorrect breathing causing headaches for 4 weeks just cannot occur. unless the pure physical effort of lifting 200pounds caused a blood vessel to burst , in which case it would have been picked up on the scan.

i still think your problem was either a purely mechanical failure of a muscle or tendon , in which case your discomfort would have started within a few hours of the event. or it wasnt related to the exercise at all . you may just of picked up a virus that left you feeling like that for a few weeks.

i think perhaps your oxygen chamber guy has got it wrong.

of course it may be me that's completely wrong , but i would like to know the physiological reasoning as to why lifting weights and not breathing properly can cause four weeks of headaches but not cause the lifting muscles to become exhausted and unable to function which is what happens when the muscles are starved of oxygen.

im with taxexile here; the minute u get oxygen, the symptoms should have disappeared; but pinched nerve,or the other thingy i wrote about ('infection' in nerve of face, or similar still seem more correct but if u are feeling better than whatever it was is gone; if it happens again, try to see correlations...

i dont think it was Trigeminal Neuralgia

TN (Trigeminal Neuralgia / tic douloureux) is a disorder of the fifth cranial (trigeminal) nerve that causes episodes of intense, stabbing, electric shock-like pain in the areas of the face where the branches of the nerve are distributed - lips, eyes, nose, scalp, forehead, upper jaw, and lower jaw. By many, it's called the "suicide disease". A less common form of the disorder called "Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia" may cause less intense, constant, dull burning or aching pain, sometimes with occasional electric shock-like stabs. Both forms of the disorder most often affect one side of the face, but some patients experience pain at different times on both sides. Onset of symptoms occurs most often after age 50, but cases are known in children and even infants. Something as simple and routine as brushing the teeth, putting on makeup or even a slight breeze can trigger an attack, resulting in sheer agony for the individual. Trigeminal neuralgia (TN) is not fatal, but it is universally considered to be the most painful affliction known to medical practice. Initial treatment of TN is usually by means of anti-convulsant drugs, such as Tegretol or Neurontin. Some anti-depressant drugs also have significant pain relieving effects. Should medication be ineffective or if it produces undesirable side effects, neurosurgical procedures are available to relieve pressure on the nerve or to reduce nerve sensitivity. Some patients report having reduced or relieved pain by means of alternative medical therapies such as acupuncture, chiropractic adjustment, self-hypnosis or meditation.

Tornadoe......something to consider about doing exercise whenu have a cold .......simply 'dont do it'......u need to rest whenu have a cold as exercise will cause extra stress on analready weakened system. Esoecially if you get flu, you should rest from activity for ten days after. Many people dont realise that exercise causes stress on the body.......this is why top atheletes will incorporate more rest in their progrmas the close to a major competitionthey get.

As far as your pain goes......not sure.....the chiropractor visits should continue until you are certainthere is no structural problems. Try getting oil massages, stretching, meditation, even attitude adjustment.....and breathing out on exertion at the gym is the way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

BEst of luck, I am sick and going to live in Thailand soon. Can die anywhere.

skycop

I have had a headache for the last fourweeks, it has been constant and started on the right side of my head and now seems to have moved all over the top of my head, from the top of my hairline to the back of my neck. I have also been having trouble breathing and last night, I thought my heart stopped a few beats and couldnt get my breath. I also started gym about 1 month ago and whilst doing preacher curls, I tried too hard and my headaches started from that day.

I hardly drink (once a week/ twice a month?), eat very well and excersise 6 days a week, but I do smoke cigs.

I am off to the doctors now as I didnt think I would live last night. I am going to get a head x ray (no jokes :D ) and my blood work done - Ill see what the outcome is  :D .

I think Pepe is a DR or anyone else that can give any advice would be real helpfull to me, as I am really worried - I never get sick and never go to the docs.

Off I go  :o