Man Arrested With Bt13-million Fake Us Dollars

george

Man arrested with 'Bt13-million' fake US dollars

BANGKOK: -- A man allegedly carrying wads of fake US currency worth Bt13 million was arrested at the Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre in Bangkok's Bang Na district Wednesday.

Kowit Pulthavee, 36, said he was a shrimp farmer who had worked in the past as a police informant. He claimed the fake banknotes were seized from criminals and an investigation team had agreed they could be useful in a police sting operation,so he carried them from Chanthaburi to Bangkok by transport van but was arrested.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-07-15

BANGKOK: -- A man allegedly carrying wads of fake US currency worth Bt13 million was arrested at the Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre in Bangkok's Bang Na district Wednesday.

Kowit Pulthavee, 36, said he was a shrimp farmer who had worked in the past as a police informant. He claimed the fake banknotes were seized from criminals and an investigation team had agreed they could be useful in a police sting operation,so he carried them from Chanthaburi to Bangkok by transport van but was arrested.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-07-15

Hello? This is what happens when you allow a shrimp farmer access to the schools photocopier :):D

Not much good of an informant he will be now, named and all...and possibly with a mark on his head.

Perhaps the paper should have waited with printing his info until an alleged handler could atleast deny he did infact work for them?

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-07-15

Oh yea they always let shrimp farmers run around with fake banknotes, but only if they are informants.  Its a nice cover story.  Who's investigation team was it anyway N.Korea ?  The largest producer of fake banknotes.  Act of war by the way.  Hope he spills his guts to save his bottom.   Let dick the X VP at him.  You want some water buddy,  just lay down here,  I ll get ya some.

Oh yea they always let shrimp farmers run around with fake banknotes, but only if they are informants.  Its a nice cover story.  Who's investigation team was it anyway N.Korea ?  The largest producer of fake banknotes.  Act of war by the way.  Hope he spills his guts to save his bottom.   Let dick the X VP at him.  You want some water buddy,  just lay down here,  I ll get ya some.

I am not sure about shrimp, but the story smells awfully fishy. But I too would assume that we are dealing with an intersection between some N. Koreans, who are pretty well known to be the source of the counterfeit notes, a few corrupt Police officers, and some hapless shrimp farmer who was blackmailed into being a mule to transport the currency into Bangkok.

added: just realize its not billion but million... so only a van was needed

About 382,000 Dollars when converting 13 million baht to $.

9.83 grams per bill so if $1 bills = 382 kG - $100 bills = 3.82kG.

I've never been a good mathematician... :)

Thx

Jeeze,you seem to have some knowledge about the details of a dollar note. :)

I've never been a good mathematician... :D

Thx

:) Do not need to a mathematic to understand that this is just about a "handfull"of americano dineros.hehe :D

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-07-15

I'm not surprised about this news....especially that Police is (always) involved in every Dark story !

Thx

Neither has Tywais :D

9.83grams per bill, what they make them from......cardboard shrimp boxes?? :)

Thx

9.83grams per bill, what they make them from......cardboard shrimp boxes?? :)

oops, put the decimal point in the wrong place, that's .983 grams. At least I rounded it up correctly to 1 gram. :D

I've never been a good mathematician... :)

Thx

Even the old windows XP has a calculator, so you could put all that in a brief case and slide it in behind the seat of your 911

Thx

9.83grams per bill, what they make them from......cardboard shrimp boxes?? :D

:) --brilliant!

(deleted comment - wrong calculation)

Edited by Artisi

The US could reduce the amount of fake banknotes in circulation by changing the colour and size of the notes

and getting rid of all "greenbacks" ie, making them illegal to use after a fixed period eg, 2 years.

All these old USD notes would have to be changed to the new notes at a US bank or credited to an account.

A lot of tax evaders would be caught with in this way.

The USD is one of the easiest to forge. How many forgeries in worldwide circulation? Unknown.

i bet that's too much. one bill shouldn't weigh more than 1 gram (perhaps even less).

i bet that's too much. one bill shouldn't weigh more than 1 gram (perhaps even less).

As I noted above, a simple typo by me with the decimal point in the wrong place. Guess I'm going to get ribbed for that one for a while. :)

The suspect gave his story as being a police informant so I would have to think the police didn't buy the story and spewed out in name in the interest of justice? Keeping in mind that the press is manipulated here as a sport by the police and government. The whole report may be some kind of ploy to protect a real informant.

You can determine from these posts that Thai Visa members are "Not smarter than a fifth grader" when it comes to math.