Uk Visa

Hi all,

I'm in the uk, and my Thai wife (Married in uk on 10th feb 05) is now back in Thailand. She as been to England now 2 times on a visit visa in the last 18 months. And stayed for 3 months each time. The last visit was on a visit visa but with for marrage stamped on the visa.

What we want to know is can she now come back to the uk (in June) for 3 months on another visit visa, or will the British Embassy tell her she will have to apply for a settlement visa?

I will be Back in Thailand 11th April for 1 month and will be with her when she goes back to the embassy.

Thanks for any help.

Paul and Pa

Paul,

A lot depends on your permanent location. Are you resident in the UK or Thailand?

If resident in the UK you will need to show a compelling reason why your wife will return to Thailand at the end of her visa. She is your wife, you live in the UK, the ECO will, naturally, feel that she will want to stay in the UK with you, and so refuse a visit visa on the grounds of insufficient reason to return. My advice in this situation is to go for a settlement visa. Remember, a settlement visa does not mean she has to remain in the UK until she has ILR, although for ILR to be granted at the end of the visa she will need to show that she is a UK resident, and so have pent most of the 2 years in the UK.

If you are resident in Thailand, and can show this and that you will both return to Thailand at the end of the visit, then a visit visa will be easier to get.

Paul,

A lot depends on your permanent location. Are you resident in the UK or Thailand?

If resident in the UK you will need to show a compelling reason why your wife will return to Thailand at the end of her visa. She is your wife, you live in the UK, the ECO will, naturally, feel that she will want to stay in the UK with you, and so refuse a visit visa on the grounds of insufficient reason to return. My advice in this situation is to go for a settlement visa. Remember, a settlement visa does not mean she has to remain in the UK until she has ILR, although for ILR to be granted at the end of the visa she will need to show that she is a UK resident, and so have pent most of the 2 years in the UK.

If you are resident in Thailand, and can show this and that you will both return to Thailand at the end of the visit, then a visit visa will be easier to get.

Thanks for the reply GU22,

I'm resident in the uk, but with the hope of moving out to thailand later this year.

My wife has 2 kids, new home, land and a very busy shop. So i can only hope the embassy will see that she has everything to go back to Thailand for.

I'm trying to get some more money together before the big move to Thailand, so to make the visa extention possible.

Thanks again,

Paul

Then you will need to explain all this to the ECO, with as much documentary proof as possible. She has had 2 VVs before and returned, which normally means subsequent VVs are a doddle. But there has been a big change in her circumstances; she is now your wife. She may have a lot to return for, but she has her husband to remain for! You need to convince the ECO that she will return, and that you will be following ASAP.

Good luck.