Best Way To Get To Cambodia From Pattaya ?

oneforthepot

Hi, whats the best way to get to Cambodia, Pnom pen, Siam reap from Pattaya ? are there any local airports, or back to BKK, and fly from there.

I guess road travel is viable, but time consuming ? any ideas or the best way you have done it would be most wellcome !

I returned two weeks ago from PP

I flew from Bkk to PP on AirAsia for 3400 baht.

The earlier you order, the lower the price.

There is a $20 visa fee at the airport and also a $25 airport tax upon leaving.

PM me for visa information if you would like

Airasia leaves Bkk in the early afternoon -- a one hour flight.

The return flight leaves at 4:30? double check that.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, whats the best way to get to Cambodia, Pnom pen, Siam reap from Pattaya ? are there any local airports, or back to BKK, and fly from there.

I guess road travel is viable, but time consuming ? any ideas or the best way you have done it would be most wellcome !

You can get directly to the border (Arana) - Poipet (Cambodia) in 3 to 4 hours from Pattaya by government bus (runs a few times a day), or by Minibus (many busses a day).

From Poipet you get a shared taxi to Siam Reap. The road is OK. They overcharge a bit for the visa in Poipet though. I believe, about 1000 Baht for the tourist visa and 1500-1600 Baht for the business visa. For Phnom Penh, I wouldn't use Poipet (it takes 7 to 8 hours in Cambodia from Poipet to PP), but probably really fly. If you can get a discounted Air Asia Filight. Visa cost at the airport should only be 20 USD for the tourist visa and 25 USD for business visa. There is a hefty airport tax in PP, when you leave the country. You could consider leaving via Koh Krong and visit Sihanoukville on route.

take the plane to PP and then fly from PP to Sieam Reap with that Cambodian budget liner, I think Angkor Air or something similar.

Walk southeast...........OK.....not funny. :)

I would take a plane from Thailand to PP, then fly from PP to SR.......easiest option.

You can take a boat up the river from PP to SR and might be interesting.

Don't take a bus unless it is modern w/ ac (the new ones for tourists).

Can also rent a car and driver if you want to get their fast.