Now You Can Tweet Thaksin On Facebook And Twitter

george

Now you can tweet Thaksin on Facebook and Twitter

30108304-01.jpg

Fans of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra now can get close to him on Facebook and Twitter.

Under the user name "Thaksinlive", Thaksin, who is now in Dubai, will officially launch his real-time chat today. His first subject on the online networks is a suggestion to the Abhisit Vejjajiva government on how to tackle the type-A (H1N1) flu epidemic, Thaksin's former legal advisor Noppadon Pattama said.

He already has 651 friends on Facebook and 587 on Twitter.

He posted on Twitter, telling his fans to expect a surprise on July 26, his 60th birthday.

Noppadon said Thaksin and his supporters had been restricted from communicating and this would enable him to speak to them directly.

"Thaksin will accept everybody on the networks. Those who want to wish him a happy birthday can do it on Facebook or Twitter," Noppadon said.

Prime Minister Abhisit was there first, having been registered on Hi5 for years before he became PM. He also has an account on Facebook and one on Twitter.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-07-25

Related links:

Thaivisa.com on Twitter: http://twitter.com/georgebkk

Thaivisa.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farang

you decieved me.

they are not links for Thaksin twitter they are Thaivisa twitter.

Related links:

Thaivisa.com on Twitter: http://twitter.com/georgebkk

Thaivisa.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farang

Where did you get your PhD? Obviously somewhere where comprehension wasn't important. If you think someone's deceiving you because they clearly state "Thaivisa.com" before the link, then it's little wonder you are one of the great deceiver's greatest fans. You see deceit when none is there, but fail to see it when it is. Another classic Pavlovian, and a little Homer Simpsonion, response, "Thaksin... twitter... must... click... on... link... duh!"

Edited by ballpoint

Will now every household in Thailand in particular Isarn provided with a free PC and a working internet connection

to get the opportunity to twitter and come face to face with their hero...?

Edited by webfact

not even related buddy

did you actually read the topic title and content ?

I see your don't understand the meaning of "Related Links."

This means topics or access SIMILAR or LIKE the one being discussed,

not the ONLY ones in discussion.

I guess related and relativity get confusing.

Now you can tweet Thaksin on Facebook and Twitter

30108304-01.jpg

Fans of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra now can get close to him on Facebook and Twitter.

Yeah its called the 'Social Media Package' from his PR firm. $9,995 setup fees and Another $4,995 pr/mnth for a minimum 3 tweets and facebook status updates per day to maintain a social media presence and get closer to the younger generation.

these sort of garbage add on packages are all the rage at corporate PR firms these days.

Facebook is really so last year.

And if I was the Prime Minister, I wouldn't be proud of recently having been on Hi5. It is for adolescents into dating, unless we have a Berlusconi wannabe............ :)

Twitter is for Twits. Seriously, I do not need to know if one of the Jonas brothers got a zit or if Madonna is done with menopause.

Facebook is really so last year.

And if I was the Prime Minister, I wouldn't be proud of recently having been on Hi5. It is for adolescents into dating, unless we have a Berlusconi wannabe............ :)

Twitter is for Twits. Seriously, I do not need to know if one of the Jonas brothers got a zit or if Madonna is done with menopause.

O/T so apologies - If it's now "in" to think think this way about Facebook, then I'm very happy with that. Now let's see how this technology can really be put to benefit.

Back on Thaksin, I really haven't found much pro-Thaksin sentiment of Facebook before. Statistically Thai Facebook users are not really his core demographic, with them generally having a bit more of a clue how the world works 'n all. Flame away...

mc2[/size]' post='2895373' date='2009-07-25 09:30:41']not even related buddy

did you actually read the topic title and content ?

I see your don't understand the meaning of "Related Links."

This means topics or access SIMILAR or LIKE the one being discussed,

not the ONLY ones in discussion.

I guess related and relativity get confusing.

E = mc2 - Einsteins theory of relativity. Surely he can understand that with all his degrees?

I heard a Rumor that Twitter could get Banned soon..

Why would that happen?

Abihist has been "Twittering" away since Obama made it a big deal in his campaign. Abisist uses English and Thai - take a look for yourself.

Thaksin is actually behind the PR curve this time.

That the Thai media haven't focused on this just shows the standards of their "investigative" abilities...

Edited by RegularReader

I heard a Rumor that Twitter could get Banned soon..

Why would that happen?

Abihist has been "Twittering" away since Obama made it a big deal in his campaign in English and Thai - take a look for yourself.

Thaksin is actually behind the PR curve this time.

That the Thai media haven't focused on this just shows the standards of their "investigative" abilities...

Twenty, twitching, twin, <deleted>, twice tweeted,

twisted, tweedy twit's twirling twaddle.

T'wit, twas twofer tweaking Twitter twain twixt tweezers,

twigged two twanky twinks. Tweedledee, Tweedledum.

Which has as much relevance and relativity as

letting Thaksin's PR weenies Tweet his alleged

doings and whereabouts to a phalanx of psycophants

across the land.

Oh yeah he is staying in touch with the younger generation...

`RCA, old hat now it's TCA His Masters Tweet!

Edited by animatic

you decieved me.

Now thats the pot calling the kettle BLACK.

Your camp seems to be doing a fair bit of decieving itself :)

Seriously you are a first class :D

you decieved me.

Where did you get your PhD? Obviously somewhere where comprehension wasn't important. If you think someone's deceiving you because they clearly state "Thaivisa.com" before the link, then it's little wonder you are one of the great deceiver's greatest fans. You see deceit when none is there, but fail to see it when it is.

That's all part of his continued deceiving...

He has no PhD as his signature proclaims (we sorted out that lie back in March I believe it was).

Also, he's certainly not Member # 1 as under his avatar of the square-head proclaims.

etc. etc. etc.

Edited by sriracha john

you decieved me.

Where did you get your PhD? Obviously somewhere where comprehension wasn't important. If you think someone's deceiving you because they clearly state "Thaivisa.com" before the link, then it's little wonder you are one of the great deceiver's greatest fans. You see deceit when none is there, but fail to see it when it is.

That's all part of his continued deceiving...

He has no PhD as his signature proclaims (we sorted out that lie back in March I believe it was).

Also, he's certainly not Member # 1 as under his avatar of the square-head proclaims.

etc. etc. etc.

He may not be member #1,

but he seems to like to sling a lot of #2

Thaksin has done a number of tweets already

I use TweetDeck and receive the tweets but with no info cos they are in Thai, however, on Twitter the tweets are shown in Thai which my wife reads to me.