A Social Drink At Tuskers

Blinky Bill

Was able to stop by for just about 1 hour - and had the pleasure of making your acquaintance Blinky.

By the way, you really resemble the picture that you posted - it must have just recently been taken. :)

If I don't see you again prior to your departure, have a safe trip home.

I always go by car, and yet again yesterday I was able to park inside the moat nearby The House.

It was quite a nice evening and good to see and speak to the B-T-P-M B's and B-less once again. :)

I always go by car, and yet again yesterday I was able to park inside the moat nearby The House.

Spoken like the Dutch person you are. You perhaps do not realise it, Nienke, but there are people, including many Americans, who find it challenging to walk from where they park their cars to the adjoining curb. For such people, the idea of parking all the way over on the other side of the moat and walking for quite possibly up to two whole minutes to reach Tuskers is simply a non-starter. :)

Spoken like the Dutch person you are. You perhaps do not realise it, Nienke, but there are people, including many Americans, who find it challenging to walk from where they park their cars to the adjoining curb. For such people, the idea of parking all the way over on the other side of the moat and walking for quite possibly up to two whole minutes to reach Tuskers is simply a non-starter. :)

And pushing a manual wheelchair because my electric one won't go up the stairs on my own that far is out too. Maybe you can lend me a couple of Huskies Nienke. :D It would be fun to go go round Chiangmai saying mush mush.

Edited by harrry

And pushing a manual wheelchair because my electric one won't go up the stairs on my own that far is out too. Maybe you can lend me a couple of Huskies Nienke. :) It would be fun to go go round Chiangmai saying mush mush.

Couple of mush-mush's probably not, a nice little lap-dog on the other hand ... :D

Would a few planks, for over the stairs, be a possibility for the next time you would like to visit? Maybe that could be arranged.

And pushing a manual wheelchair because my electric one won't go up the stairs on my own that far is out too. Maybe you can lend me a couple of Huskies Nienke. :) It would be fun to go go round Chiangmai saying mush mush.

Harrry, we were waiting at the front gate for you. We even had a ramp set up to facilitate your ingress and egress. Sad to see you didn't make it.

Edited by Blinky Bill

Spoken like the Dutch person you are. You perhaps do not realise it, Nienke, but there are people, including many Americans, who find it challenging to walk from where they park their cars to the adjoining curb. For such people, the idea of parking all the way over on the other side of the moat and walking for quite possibly up to two whole minutes to reach Tuskers is simply a non-starter. :D

:):D:D

Oh so very, very true. I've seen people spend 10 minutes driving around a parking lot just to gain a 100 feet closer to the door. If it's within a mile I'll always walk... and I'm an old fart.

Anyone operating a wheel chair in Thailand has my deepest respect. I can't imagine how difficult it could be. None of the country is set up to deal with people who have physical problems. It's bad enough just finding a level place to walk and climb between obstacles placed on so-called "sidewalks".

Harrry, we were waiting at the front gate for you. We even had a ramp set up to facilitate your ingress and egress. Sad to see you didn't make it.

Pity I didn't get there then. I pulled up outside in my vigo and tried to attract the attention of the people at the bar so that I could leave my ramp so I would have a chance of getting in but couln't attract any attention other than the queue of people making noisepolution with their horns behind me. I gave up because without the ramp it would have been too hard to get in.

Glad you had a good night. Some other time then.

Edited by harrry

. I can't imagine how difficult it could be. None of the country is set up to deal with people who have physical problems. It's bad enough just finding a level place to walk and climb between obstacles placed on so-called "sidewalks".

The people make up for it most of the time. There are moments though. I would still rather be here than physically accessible australia.