Thaksin Likens Strong Critic As Bully Boy

george

PM likens strong critic as bully boy

BANGKOK: -- In an unconventional move to rebut criticism, Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra today exercised the Buddhist principle on tolerance to counter his strong critic, Theerayuth Boonmee, saying only that the leading academic is just a bully boy who has never read the Buddhist Scriptures.

He said there was no particular reason for his refusal to give an interview for now.

“I just feel rather complicated whether I should give an interview as a former or new prime minister because it is a transitional period now. I think it should not be appropriate to give any interview until the new cabinet if formed.”

Mr. Thaksin said another reason for his reluctance to give the interview was that he wanted to liberate himself from any passion by adhering to two Buddhist principles involving liberation by consciousness and practice.

He said it was not difficult to liberate himself by consciousness, but it was not easy to do that by practice because it needed to count on kindness and tolerance and understanding of diverse human nature.

“The reason why we must have the tolerance is that now a temple boy prefers sleeping behind the Buddhist Scriptures to reading it. Previously, he bullied the other once a year. But now he bullies several times a year.

“But whatsoever, I will tolerate his bully behavior because I have to perform the duty to my best for the sake of my well-wishers who are in large number in the country,” he said.

-- TNA 2005-02-28

I would love to see in any parliment but Thailands, he wouldn't last five mins, can you imagine the British press reaction to Toxin coming out with crap like this? It is so child like it is laughable "it's my ball and no one else is allowed to play"

Edited by toastwars

it seems it becomes more and more like favorite and most populare subject - to say something very so smart and clever about Taksin and to twit him in the best way.

perhaps it became even a fast method to get recognition in the TV community ? looks like many ppl here are only waiting for next opportunity - whatever it is - to show off their wits and skills in mocking the guy.... for me at least it doesn't seems much as anything distinguishing - doing this. oh, yeah, I forgot - that is the freedom of speech, right - to exercise one's right to say aloud one's opinion? and of course - it is very related to Thailand, well, good reason sure !

but may be separate forum should be started - something like, who can mock Thaksin better ? I wonder - if politics weren't allowed to be discussed anymore in this Forum and instead re-directed elsewhere - what was that, to bearpit? - as well as subject about BGs and may be other sensetive matters - then why such continuous belittling him is ok here?

I mean - why it is ok to damp all sort of "tender affections" (yeah, of course rather opposite) on the guy - especially if he isn't present and won't possibly come here and say something to his defence ? sort of bad manner looks to me.

if this is the import issue - mock T. in best way - then why not to dedicate entirely special forum for that: "damp <deleted> on T - who can do better" ? would be more interesting I think - at least for those who are realy keen for that. and perhaps could lessen restriction there - use whatever language etc - coz here they can't express fully themselves since regulation restrict foul language etc.

all the politics discussions closed here. like that thread about Arafat:

Yassar Arafat Dead, 13.26 Thai time today

chanchao  - Group: Super Moderators

Continue this one at bearpit.net ? Can kind of see where this is going.

I've checked that another Forum just now - but somehow there is hardly anything there about T. surprising ! one would assume that there such topics would flourish to full bloom - but no.... hmmmm... strange.... here instead it is like .... daily bread or the very air to breath - essential. can even count how many posts and topics per day made solely for this only purpose.

these all mocking comments about Thaksin are like the pounding water (instead of anything realy substantial, like green papaya for som tam) in the mortar =====> mortar.jpg - useless !

what is the point? does it change anything for anyone - for those who do that , for T. or for Thailand ?

I mean - it is SOOOOOOO boring to see the competition going on and on and on - who'll say something most exquisitely about him. may be should award the winner - like I recall was reward for writing skills once ago.... :o

aaaaaaa

"Next opportunty" you don't have to wait long, "Ol Moonface" ranks up there with Prince Phillip for opening his mouth and putting both feet in it!

" Freedom of speech" that you spout so glibly about, why don't you ask some of the Journalist/editors/newspaper owners about their freedom of speech under Thaksin? Then comment about it.

He puts himself up there as a scion of the New Thailand, therefore he is fair game, yet when he doesn't like it he cries foul. Take for instance when he got his daughter to take a job in MacDonalds as a publicity stunt, then cried foul when he was not happy with the treatment his daughter recieved, yet it was all his own doing.

A lot of the people on here do realise that this is Thailand and as such a Thai issue and no amount of writting on any forum board will change that, however they do feel that they should try to voice an opinion when they see a country that the majority of them live in and care for getting taken to the cleaners. This guy is pillaging Thailand better than Gengis Khan could ever do.

When is there going to be any transparency about the Free trade agreement with Australia?

You're whinning cos you voted for him, we're whinning because we could not vote against him!!!

I think you are mistaken - I'm not whinning. and then - I didn't vote for him - same as u... and then - I never voted for anyone in my whole life if you wanna know.....

Q : who would you vote for if you COULD ? just curious. I mean - I wanna know what alternative candidate you'd choose?

and one more: did YOU ask some reporters as you advice me? although SOME definetely won't be enough to have realy objective fact....

This "guy" you keep refering to, Theerayuth Boonmee, is one of the very few who dares to criticize Mr T. publicly. He is surely aware of possible consequences as well.

The fact that Mr. T is defensively replying to his criticism (in a childish way), which is very unusual, shows that Boonmee's efforts are slowly paying off.

hmmm. I've read that my post trice - and am sure who I refer to as guy - definetely not Mr. Boon Mee - oops, I mean Boonmee - but Thaksin. sorry for misunderstanding - yours, not mine, which is not my fault actually. I used word guy twice there - and am absolutely sure whom did I mean while writing it and still sure now after checking it again.... sorry.