Bangkok Accommodation

Heyal

Hi All,

I really am very impressed with this forum! I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of places to stay in Bangkok with my Thai fiance please? I'm looking for somewhere around 1000 THB per night, but also somewhere that might be conevenient to sort out all the affirmation to marry forms. Any recommendations?

Many thanks!

If your English the Nana hotel (all be it opposite a place in contention for the sleaziest sh*thole/most fun place in BKK) is cool. 1000 a night and a sweet little swimming pool. Not too far, 5 mins by skytrain, from where you need to get your affirmation papers signed and translated.

Wait for more info though before taking my recomendation.

Good luck.

Nana for 1000baht? are you sure? Ah well I have to take your word as it was always full when I tried to book.

For the price I would recommend the Woraburi Inn on the same soi for 990baht with a rooftop pool. Not bad value.

Surprised you are not splashing out a bit, for 1500-2000baht you would get a far better accomodation in my view.

If your English the Nana hotel (all be it opposite a place in contention for the sleaziest sh*thole/most fun place in BKK) is cool. 1000 a night and a sweet little swimming pool. Not too far, 5 mins by skytrain, from where you need to get your affirmation papers signed and translated.

Wait for more info though before taking my recomendation.

Good luck.

:) re your description but more than 1000 these days. OP you will have to raise the price unless you want the Mrs having second thoughts :D

Hi All,

I really am very impressed with this forum! I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of places to stay in Bangkok with my Thai fiance please? I'm looking for somewhere around 1000 THB per night, but also somewhere that might be conevenient to sort out all the affirmation to marry forms. Any recommendations?

Many thanks!

I like to stay out in the suburbs at On Nut at a hotel called Imm Fusion. It's near the bts and a big Tesco Lotus as well as plenty of street food.

Hi All,

Many thanks!

You could try the new Ibis in Soi 4 at 1050 THB per night if you book online. I found it clean and convenient about 400 mts to NaNa BTS. Shower/Bathroom is small but otherwise OK, check it out online.

Try www.asiarooms.com or www.agoda.com .These sites will give you all the deals and facts you need..I'am staying in the Radison in 2 weeks time and got it for 1,700 baht a night..buffet breakfast fit for a king..Free wireless internet, Beautiful Pool and fully equiped gym. They have a bar and night club as well.Its a 5 star chain of hotels..Well worth the dosh! Normally about 4000 baht a night..

Can try bangkokcitysuite.com... stay here all the time..its cheap and clean..lots of people stay here.. 950baht for two person with simple breakfast and free 30mins internet everyday...think its free if you bring your own...not too sure though..have to check.. Located about 20mins walk from Ratchathewi BTS.. Not bad for short stay

Nana for 1000baht? are you sure? Ah well I have to take your word as it was always full when I tried to book.

For the price I would recommend the Woraburi Inn on the same soi for 990baht with a rooftop pool. Not bad value.

Surprised you are not splashing out a bit, for 1500-2000baht you would get a far better accomodation in my view.

Nana 1000 bht 6 weeks ago. Woraburi is nice too. Slightly smaller pool than Nana but nice all the same. Plus they have a tuk tuk to run you up the road.

Where are you guys getting "The Nana" price at around 1000, to my knowledge hasn't been that for a long time, perhaps a couple of years.

I have not found it lower than 1490 recently, unless there's some deals going on somewhere.

I know the Res clerk personally and I cannot get below 1490.

Agreed, a not too nice area, but their rooms are big and clean and buffet breakfast included is quite good for central BKK.

I think their price is always a bit of a put-off due to the area, but they are nearly always full, so I guess they are calling the tune in that respect.

Where are you guys getting "The Nana" price at around 1000, to my knowledge hasn't been that for a long time, perhaps a couple of years.

I have not found it lower than 1490 recently, unless there's some deals going on somewhere.

I know the Res clerk personally and I cannot get below 1490.

Agreed, a not too nice area, but their rooms are big and clean and buffet breakfast included is quite good for central BKK.

I think their price is always a bit of a put-off due to the area, but they are nearly always full, so I guess they are calling the tune in that respect.

I can only say that I paid 1000bht for one night before flying out of BKK 6 weeks ago. Anyhoo, if he's with fiance, probably not the best place to take her. OP, listen to other advice, mine's rubbish!

Yeah Nana would be perfect for a "Just Divorced" party. :)

OP As another poster recommended recently the Centrepoint apartments in Pratunam are great, good for shopping etc and not in the Nana area. Less than 1500baht at the moment if memory serves me.

Edited by smokie36

I agree with you Maledicta. Bangkokcitysuite belong to a Group of 2 http://staybangkok.com/

Bangkok City Suite 900 THB / Pax + 100 THB Key deposit Internet WiFi in Room free (if you haven't Laptop, 30 min free in Lobby), nice breakfast buffet. 10 min walk to IT Center Panthip, ca. 80 THB Taxi to MBK / SIAM Center

Aiport Service, High Way just behind Hotel approx 30 Min to Airport if not rashour.

Watana Mansion similar but with Pool

An asset, some of the crew speak English and you can order lunch / dinner in room for very honest price.

Can try bangkokcitysuite.com... stay here all the time..its cheap and clean..lots of people stay here.. 950baht for two person with simple breakfast and free 30mins internet everyday...think its free if you bring your own...not too sure though..have to check.. Located about 20mins walk from Ratchathewi BTS.. Not bad for short stay
Edited by thaibear1

I agree with you Maledicta. Bangkokcitysuite belong to a Group of 2 http://staybangkok.com/

Bangkok City Suite 900 THB / Pax + 100 THB Key deposit Internet WiFi in Room free (if you haven't Laptop, 30 min free in Lobby), nice breakfast buffet. 10 min walk to IT Center Panthip, ca. 80 THB Taxi to MBK / SIAM Center

Aiport Service, High Way just behind Hotel approx 30 Min to Airport if not rashour.

Watana Mansion similar but with Pool

An asset, some of the crew speak English and you can order lunch / dinner in room for very honest price.

Bally's suites ...sukhumvit soi 20 ...excellant BF too !

beerchang:

Would you mind telling how you actually scored that B1000 stay at the Nana. I actually like the hotel and know a lot of the staff there.

I've been travelling here since 1975 and don't get offended by the ladies making a living, who have been sent usually by their mothers to support the family. This is Thailand and what you see around the "Nana" area is quite the norm. and nothing to get precious about.

It's the families in the North who send their daughters to Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket etc who should be read the riot act.

beerchang:

Would you mind telling how you actually scored that B1000 stay at the Nana. I actually like the hotel and know a lot of the staff there.

I've been travelling here since 1975 and don't get offended by the ladies making a living, who have been sent usually by their mothers to support the family. This is Thailand and what you see around the "Nana" area is quite the norm. and nothing to get precious about.

It's the families in the North who send their daughters to Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket etc who should be read the riot act.

I think he meant he paid someone in the car park 1000 bht :D Maybe the miami hotel soi 13 would be 1000bht :)

As I know many of the staff at "Nana H" I'm sometimes around reception when hopefuls come in looking for a room as they have left it to the last minute and often cannot find anywhere.

The prices quoted at reception are strictly by the published brochure from time to time.

The last price near to 1000B was 990B and I would say that was 4 or 5 years ago.

After that the price went 1190, 1290 and more recently 1490 as from June 2008. Maybe it will stay there for a while due to the economic condition prevailing.

But please, I'm a trusting person and if someone is getting rooms at the Nana for 1000B, I would like to know about it as I'm going back to BKK after here in Udon in a few days.

I promise I won't tell about your cheap price source. :)

I just returned from 3 nights in Bangkok. I stayed at the Swiss Park Hotel ( http://www.swissparkhotelbangkok.com/ ) off Soi 11. Three minute walk to the BTS. Quiet, swimming pool, and a great buffet breakfast for two included in your room rate.

I booked through: http://www.asiarooms.com/ my room rate was 1087 THB. Booking through the hotel I would have paid between 1400-1600 THB. I was very pleased with Asiarooms service, I had never used an online booking service before, however I will use asiarooms again.

I highly recommend the Swiss Park and Asiarooms.

Edited by maxjay

maxjay:

Agree with your thoughts about on-line bookings and, yes they are often cheaper than the hotel rates direct.

Only one main problem though, you need to be quite sure of your movements as per dates, as paying up-front there is no refund if your plans change and you decide to leave earlier than expected.

• 3 weeks later...

Still waiting for info from the previous poster (or anyone else) who claims to be getting current rates at The Nana, for 1000B

As long as you are not offended by the girls in the area who have been placed there by their uncaring families in the north, The Nana would have to be the best value in BKK at 1000B

Realistically I think you will find that the going rate there at present is 1490B

• 5 weeks later...
Hi All,

Many thanks!

I would like to recommend Sivalai Place, Isaraphab Road and Charansanitwong Road. Just 10 min drive to Wongwien yai BTS (the nearest one) and Wang Lang Pier.

I stayed at Sivalai Place for 3 month and a half months while studying abroad with my friend, and it was fantastic! We both loved it. For daily rate - 1,300 baht per night, for monthly rate - 18,000 baht (2 bedroom) It's set way back in the soi, so you get a break from the smog and traffic. The ozone swimming pool is gorgeous, and was a great way to beat the Bangkok heat. The staff was so helpful and friendly, several spoke English very well. It was the best home away from home I could have found in BKK. I highly recommend this place.

Please visit their website for more info www[dot]sivalaiplace[dot]com

post-92228-1253960739_thumb.jpg

post-92228-1253961169_thumb.jpg

post-92228-1253961316_thumb.jpg