Model Boat Supplies Pattaya

petedavis

Hi,

I will be spending most of my time in Ban Chang, soon, and as I am now retired I have decided to restart my old hobby of model boat building.

I have had a workshop built next to our bungalow.

I am starting off with the restoration of my old 46inch RAF Crash Tender, that I built in 1973. The boat is there, and I will be leaving the UK in about 2 weeks with a suitcase full of fittings, and bits and pieces I have bought here.

I would like to purchase a glow plug diesal engine, and radio control gear, for it in Thailand. However, it seems unlikely that I will find a supplier in, or around Pattaya. I have purchased a set of plans to build another model after this restoration, and was hoping to purchase all the materials needed in Thailand.

Can anyone tell me where I can find a supplier anywhere in Thailand please??

Many thanks

Pete

Hi,

I will be spending most of my time in Ban Chang, soon, and as I am now retired I have decided to restart my old hobby of model boat building.

I am starting off with the restoration of my old 46inch RAF Crash Tender, that I built in 1973. The boat is there, and I will be leaving the UK in about 2 weeks with a suitcase full of fittings, and bits and pieces I have bought here.

I would like to purchase a glow plug diesal engine, and radio control gear, for it in Thailand. However, it seems unlikely that I will find a supplier in, or around Pattaya. I have purchased a set of plans to build another model after this restoration, and was hoping to purchase all the materials needed in Thailand.

Many thanks

Pete

Hi Pete,

Not sure if this helps, but I remember seeing an RC store with helo's, AC and boats displayed in the window on second road, about 200 meters up from the junction were beach road crosses with second road.

SAS

Coming down Sukhumvit road from Pattaya Tai to Pattaya klang, approx 300 metres before Klang there is a RC shop on the left, they mainly sell Aero stuff, they will defo have your radio gear, not sure on the deisel engines though, but quite possibly they may know where.

Hi,

Many thanks

Pete

Hi Pete,

Not sure if this helps, but I remember seeing an RC store with helo's, AC and boats displayed in the window on second road, about 200 meters up from the junction were beach road crosses with second road.

SAS

Thanks for that, I will look for it

Pete

Get yourself round to Pattaya RC power boat racing area about 100m from Euro Club off Chaiyapruek 2, many enthusiasts there that could point you in the right direction, busy in the evenings and at weekends.

Coming down Sukhumvit road from Pattaya Tai to Pattaya klang, approx 300 metres before Klang there is a RC shop on the left, they mainly sell Aero stuff, they will defo have your radio gear, not sure on the deisel engines though, but quite possibly they may know where.

Thanks Spoonman, I will look in.

Pete

Get yourself round to Pattaya RC power boat racing area about 100m from Euro Club off Chaiyapruek 2, many enthusiasts there that could point you in the right direction, busy in the evenings and at weekends.

many thanks, i will do that.

I built a 55 inch Scarab like that with 3 x K&B O/B on it - raced it in LA - ran like a raped ape - it was the model of my real Scarab in MDR - which started out as a joke - a means to deliver drinks to each other on our big boats. A little quiet electric job. One day in the Valley I walked into a Model Superstore and maxed out my credit cards. I never did rotor-head. Have fun.

BR>Jack