Play Station 2 V's X-box

Wanraya

I used to have a Game Doctor for my N64 that allowed you to play games via CD (you needed one catridge to stick in the top). Each CD could hold almost a 100 games and they only cost 20 odd Quid! I wonder if they do anything similar for the GameCube?

Blastcorps was a good and unusual game on the N64 as well.

International Superstar Soccer (Winning Eleven) was superb as well. I paid 95 Pounds for a Japanese import copy!

Trying to think of my toughest boss fight....  It has to be the rock monster in Metroid Prime.  Took me weeks to figure him out.  The Boost Guardian in Metroid 2 is also a tough fight which cost me a joystick.  What do you think?  Metroid Prime 2 was just plain hard and long.  But, that is Metroid for you.

That rock monster...that thing was tough. It took me a long time to beat it as well. I actually haven't played Prime 2 yet. Am planning on picking something up this weekend...but I'm not really sure what. Am trying to decide between the new Star Fox, Prime 2, or maybe Paper Mario. I'd get Star Fox, but I've heard that it's really short, and if I'm gonna spend that much I'd rather get something that lasts a while. Also am thinking about Tales of Symphonia, as I don't have any real rpg for the cube.

Interesting that you both seem to like Animal Crossing. To be honest I know almost nothing about that game. Isn't that the one where you clean your house and go fishing and talk to other animals? Sounds a bit strange to me...

If you are hopping for a new game.... Metroid Prime 2 over the others. I have all three of them and I can tell you that Metroid is the one you want. Paper Mario was cute but too much talking. Start Fox 2 is cool but as you said short. Metroid took me 35 hours to finish and I was only 76%. Metroid is just plain hard! The boss fights will frustrate you. I prefer Metroid 1 over 2 just cause it was new. The opening 30 minutes of Metroid 1 were great and just hooked you.

Animal Crossing is just too cool! You build a town and interact with the animals. It really is a fun game and makes you wrok. You get to build a museum of dinosaurs. An aquarium and a bug zoo. It was and still is alot of fun for those lonely nites.

I am not a real RPG fan. I prefer action and adventure and sports games taht are not too difficult. MArio Golf and Tennis are my level. I will get MArio Cart soon. Just waiting for teh new Time Splitters and in the summer, The new new Zelda with the grown up Link. Also, I read Mario Baseball and a whole new Mario adventure for the Gamecube willl be out. With these games coming out I still can't see why anyone would want a PS2 or Xbox.

If you are hopping for a new game.... Metroid Prime 2 over the others.  I have all  three of them and I can tell you that Metroid is the one you want.  Paper Mario  was cute but too much talking.  Start Fox 2 is cool but as you said short.  Metroid took me 35 hours to finish and I was only 76%.  Metroid is just plain hard!  The boss fights will frustrate you.  I prefer Metroid 1 over 2 just cause it was new.  The opening 30 minutes of Metroid 1 were great and just hooked you. 

Animal Crossing is just too cool!  You build  a town and interact with the animals.  It really is a fun game and makes you wrok.  You get to build a museum of dinosaurs.  An aquarium and a bug zoo.  It was and still is alot of fun for those lonely nites. 

I am not a real RPG fan.  I prefer action and adventure and sports games taht are not too difficult.  MArio Golf and Tennis are my level.  I will get MArio Cart soon.  Just waiting for teh new Time Splitters and in the summer, The new new Zelda with the grown up Link.  Also, I read Mario Baseball and a whole new Mario adventure for the Gamecube willl be out.  With these games coming out I still can't see why anyone would want a PS2 or Xbox.

Did you see the new Zelda trailor that came out the other day? Looks amazing, it was like watching LOTR. I can't wait to play it. I also read some stuff about the next Nintendo console, backwards compatibility with the Gamecube as well as coming with wi-fi ability. About time they got into online gaming, I really want to play MK, SSB etc online for those times I don't have anyone over.

Any Zelda game in my book will never be bad. I would pay double the price for it! Yea, I saw the trailer and I was amazed. I am replaying the OOT on my Gamecube. I am still blown away when boy Link turns into adult Link in the game after his long nap.

Online, I don't know. I think online gaming is only to boost the poor version of teh non online game. Only a few games are true online games. I would hate for SSBM to go global.

Great to have some other GC fans on here!

The GC is the only console my wife plays - She got EVERYTHING in Animal Crossing over the space of 18months or so! Also the kid goes bananas over the Donkey Konga Bongo game

I've always preferred the Nintendo games (that's why I don't mind paying 2400THB per game).

Do you get your games at MBK like myself?

One game nobody has mentioned is Baten Kaitos (by Namco). This is a fantastic RPG, better than Paper Mario and all those boring final fantasy games on PS2

Ian B:

Yes MBK sixth floor. I once had a PS2 and promptly sold it. GAmes were lousy and the copies kept freezing up! Plus, none of the games had anything special. Everything soccer, fighting, or war simulation. Got tired of it.

Animal Crossing is great for any age and just fun. I finished my museum but was short on the bugs and aquarium. Paid my house off though.

I am not a big RPG fan. I agree with you Paper Mario wasnt that good. I am an adventure gamer myself so I stick with Metroid Prime, 007, Zelda, Star Fox etc... Sports consist of all the Mario games. There are only 2 fighting games worth having and that is Super Smash Bros Melee and Soul Calibur II. Wierdest game I have is Wario Ware.

Nintendo games are just fun and clever. The colors are vibrant and as you said it is for all ages. Who says adults cant play video games! They make you laugh and work on critical thinking skills.

Any Zelda game in my book will never be bad.  I would pay double the price for it!  Yea, I saw the trailer and I was amazed.  I am replaying the OOT on my Gamecube.  I am still blown away when boy Link turns into adult Link in the game after his long nap. 

Online, I don't know.  I think online gaming is only to boost the poor version of teh non online game.  Only a few games are true online games.  I would hate for SSBM to go global.

Yeah I agree with you about OOT. Ya know, I never had an N64, so my first time playing OOT was when they gave it away with Wind Waker. An amazing game, I wish I had bought an N64 and played it years ago. And it seems like everyone likes Animal Crossing, maybe I'll pick it up. Something I can play with my girlfriend as well.

@Ian B

Yeah I buy my games at MBK too. How do you like Donkey Konga? (or whatever it's called) It looks really stupid, but stupid in a way that can be incredibly fun. When I first read about the idea of a game using bongo drums I was predicting the downfall of Nintendo, but actually it looks like it might be kinda fun...

Any Zelda game in my book will never be bad.  I would pay double the price for it!  Yea, I saw the trailer and I was amazed.  I am replaying the OOT on my Gamecube.  I am still blown away when boy Link turns into adult Link in the game after his long nap. 

Online, I don't know.  I think online gaming is only to boost the poor version of teh non online game.  Only a few games are true online games.  I would hate for SSBM to go global.

Yeah I agree with you about OOT. Ya know, I never had an N64, so my first time playing OOT was when they gave it away with Wind Waker. An amazing game, I wish I had bought an N64 and played it years ago. And it seems like everyone likes Animal Crossing, maybe I'll pick it up. Something I can play with my girlfriend as well.

@Ian B

Yeah I buy my games at MBK too. How do you like Donkey Konga? (or whatever it's called) It looks really stupid, but stupid in a way that can be incredibly fun. When I first read about the idea of a game using bongo drums I was predicting the downfall of Nintendo, but actually it looks like it might be kinda fun...

The family love Donkey Konga and I have asked the MBK shop to hold a copy of the new Donkey Kong Platformer (with the Bongos). Then I'll have 2 games that are compatible with the Bongo's and also have 2 sets of Bongo's for multiplayer madness!

I just wish they had used the original artists for the songs in Konga

Report on a great mutiplayer game:

Get MArio Power Tennis. 4 people action is great. Beer and Mario. Great controls and realistic and certianly tons of laughs.

Not impressed with NBA Street 3!

HAs anybody got the new Mortal Kombat? How does it compare with Soul CAlibur II?

Maybe useful information, the insides of those machines are geared to play in the country you bought it in. Got some games for xbox and will not play in the US machine. Got to change out some chips then it will rock anywhere.

Hope this helps some of you.

skycop :o

I'm going to splash out on a new games console this weekend which is the better buy PS2 or Microsoft's x-box.

I have used PS2 before and think it is superb but have no experience of the X-box.

Has anybody used both and if so which is the better buy?

Turok - get Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. I picked it up today and am having a blast! It's one of those games ANYBODY can pick up and play. You use the bongo's to control DK and it works brilliantly. Even more fun than Donkey Konga!

Yea... Thats one I am interested in. Picked up Mario Kart DD and that is a great 4player adventure as well.

Was interetsed in Mortal Kombat but decdied it will be real tough to beat Soul Calibur II. Friend told me not as good as SCII so I passed.

I am enjoying the multiplayer games. Nothing beats 4 guys or even girls sitting around and going at it one evening with SSBM, or MArio tennis, or SCII, or MArio KArt. The 2300 baht per game price tag is actually cheap compared to going out. I bring the party home. Playstation and Xbox just dont do this! I want to laugh with my pals not watch blood drip form zombies.

Still have to say the SSBM is the best party game to date. Nothing is close.

Thanks for the info on DK Jungle beat. I know many new games coming out for that so I need to get busy.