Questionable Request... Scam?

richard_smith237

Someone I trust has just asked me this….

“Are you in Thailand at the moment? Got a very small 'job': buy 6 cans of Singha stuff, call a courier company and send to an address in UK. (Marketing thingy). Fee? 150 euros for you, courier paid by them. Can you do it for us?”

Now this sounds rather dodgy and uncharacteristic of my friend. I’m not in Bangkok at the moment. We both earn enough money for €150 to be of little or no significance.

I am therefore wondering if someone has managed to get hold of his e-mail address and password and is running something dodgy, and if so how so?

OR, is anyone aware of some sort of Singha beer promotion in the UK.

I’m not going to do this anyway as it simply sounds rather dodgy.

I’m wondering what many of the forum members would think if they got a similar message from a trusted friend.

Someone I trust has just asked me this….

"Are you in Thailand at the moment? Got a very small 'job': buy 6 cans of Singha stuff, call a courier company and send to an address in UK. (Marketing thingy). Fee? 150 euros for you, courier paid by them. Can you do it for us?"

Now this sounds rather dodgy and uncharacteristic of my friend. I'm not in Bangkok at the moment. We both earn enough money for €150 to be of little or no significance.

I am therefore wondering if someone has managed to get hold of his e-mail address and password and is running something dodgy, and if so how so?

OR, is anyone aware of some sort of Singha beer promotion in the UK.

I'm not going to do this anyway as it simply sounds rather dodgy.

I'm wondering what many of the forum members would think if they got a similar message from a trusted friend.

And are they telling you which courier to use ???.....Be very careful with this....sounds very dodgy...

Sounds an odd request.

But what does it matter if you get the money? Surely there is no crime involved anyway, at least not from your side.

Thats what I'm curious about. It just sounds too dodgy. Is it possible that the courier company they use would swap the Singha cans for something else sent in my name ? That is really where I think it is dodgy and why I'm not doing it.

I'm waiting for more information to see how this would've developed.

Sounds an odd request.

But what does it matter if you get the money? Surely there is no crime involved anyway, at least not from your side.

Is it possible that the courier company they use would swap the Singha cans for something else sent in my name ?

Bingo...

Directly traceable back to you...go directly to jail, do not collect 150 Euro... :)

150 Euro Fee to send something you can buy in the UK... :D ...if it sounds to good to be true.......

Sounds an odd request.

Is it possible that the courier company they use would swap the Singha cans for something else sent in my name ?

Bingo...

Directly traceable back to you...go directly to jail, do not collect 150 Euro... :)

150 Euro Fee to send something you can buy in the UK... :D ...if it sounds to good to be true.......

Exactly - which is why I was not even contemplating this from the start. So the question is, Who has got hold of an ex-colleagues' (ex-boss to be more accurate) e-mail address and password and made this request?

This one has really stirred my curiosity. If I get the courier and destination address I'll post it here. I'll also be forwarding them to the police to be checked out officially.