Afghan Judo Coach Loses To Bangkok Ladyboy

george

Afghan judo coach loses to ladyboy

BANGKOK: -- The coach of the Afghan judo squad attending the Asian Martial Arts Games in the Thai capital was robbed of hundreds of thousands of baht after falling for a ladyboy he met in the notorious Nana Plaza adult entertainment complex.

Assaladee Sakala, 43, told police he and his team checked into the Grand Ayudhaya Hotel Bangkok in the Ratchada area and went looking for some female company.

He said he made some new ‘female’ friends and took one of them back to his hotel room.

He poured two beers and left the room briefly to talk to a team mate.

When he returned, Mr Sakala and his ‘girlfriend’ drank the beer at which point he started to feel sleepy.

The next thing he knew, it was 2pm the following day and his companion had vanished, along with all his valuables.

Mr Sakala told police the ‘woman’ had stolen $US5,000 and 1,500 euros in cash, a gold ring, a gold wrist watch, a digital camera, and a digital voice recorder worth a combined total of more than 300,000 baht.

Metropolitan Police Commander Lt Gen Saroj Phromcharoen said the thief had been identified as 21-year-old ladyboy, Phongphichit Prasertsuk.

Mr Sakala said he had no idea his ‘lady friend’ was actually a man.

Police believe Mr Phong-phichit slipped tranquillizers into Mr Sakala’s beer before stealing his valuables.

An arrest warrant has been issued for Mr Phongphichit.

Mr Sakala was the second high-profile foreign victim to be drugged and robbed by a ladyboy in less than a month.

Last month, a Lieutenant Commander from the Australian navy reportedly lost a laptop belonging to the Department of Defence after being drugged and robbed by a ladyboy he met in Nana Plaza.

It is not known what steps the Australian government has taken to stop the security breach from resulting in a 'Down Under' invasion by Thai ladyboys.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette & Thai Rath

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They never learn and no one seems to warn them in advance.

Lord knows the average Afgani is not prepared for Bangkok.

But still the national team didn't think to brief their group

on the assorted dangers of this new city of ANGLES...

:):D:D

If the Afghan authorities ever were to give such a briefing on how to handle a visit to Bangkok, I'd LOVE to be a fly on the wall and hear it... What would they say to a bunch of testosterone-laden Muslim boys most likely on their first trip into the big wide Mango???

They never learn and no one seems to warn them in advance.

Lord knows the average Afgani is not prepared for Bangkok.

But still the national team didn't think to brief their group

on the assorted dangers of this new city of ANGLES...

I must say,that I am VERY surprised by all the degrading comments about the Afghan coach!! Is these the same people who continously complain about alledged Thai racismen??!! My guess is,that a coach in martial arts is a diciplined person,to whom something happened,that probably has happened to most of us before we learned the ropes.(although in a smaller scale..) By the way,and perhaps a little beside the point ; I have always been received with respect and friendliness in Thailand.(immigration an exception..) Not because who I am or because I throw money around,which I don´t, merely because I am a " Farang".. In sharp contrast to how I am "treated" in my own country ;just an old fart,that nobody takes notice of...

I must say,that I am VERY surprised by all the degrading comments about the Afghan coach!! Is these the same people who continously complain about alledged Thai racismen??!! My guess is,that a coach in martial arts is a diciplined person,to whom something happened,that probably has happened to most of us before we learned the ropes.(although in a smaller scale..)

People are having a chuckle because they know that in Afghanistan a ladyboy would be flogged in public and then executed. It is a criminal offense to follow an alternative lifestyle. Of course that doesn't stop Afghanis, particularly in the tribal areas from taking young pre pubescent boys and forcing them to to sing and dance dressed as women for the delight of the older men. There is a considerable amount of documentation of such activity available courtesy of reputable news sources such as BBC and PBS and international child welfare agencies. I invite you to do a bit of research.

In respect to suggesting that this has happened to many of us, I say, No. I don't know about you but I do not pick up strangers off the street and invite them back to my room for beer and probable sexual intercourse. If you are confused by ladyboys, so be it. However, alot of us are not and have trained ourselves to spot the differences. (Here's a hint - ladyboys have a penis and it can become noticeable if you are arousaliscious.)

Why would a typical Afgani have a clue about the crazy world in Bangkok?

They wouldn't. Which is why SOMEONE should have filled them in.

They must have translators and host interfaces, yet NO ONE warned them a bit.

I find it hard to belive watching young boys dressed as girls dance by fireside is even slightly

preparation for a Nana Plaza floozie of any gender type.

What I guess Lonely Planet was never done in an farsi translation...

Geriatrickid;;How did you conduct the "trainig" in spotting the difference of ladyboys and others..??Did it take you long to come to your conclusion about ladyboys having a penis? How,actually,did you find it out,Perhaps by inviting some for a cup of coffey

and an intimate chitt-chatt...If you think,that only Afghan coaches are the ones that fall for the ladyboytrick,then that must be a very bad occupation ,not so many costumers.And,bye the way,why all the training,if you never take anybody unknown to your room.Hippocrate comes to ones mind!

"An Afghan coach" ;Do we know for sure,that it is an "afghan gentleman"?Does it not happen,that a team can have a coach from another country..? If it turns out,that he is from USA or Germany,do all the jokes fall flat then? My original point,which some seem to have missed,is that if farang complain over bad treatment,just because they are falangs,then they should not ridicule others,based solely on their origin! Am I wrong here?? And come on; nobody done a misstake when they first came here..!

really, regardless of what type of creature he took home the most obvious question is who the heck would leave 5k US`and 1500 euro sitting on a table/ bag etc that's why hotels have safes. Doesn't matter if your afghan, or Alsatian that is really dumb.

I must say,that I am VERY surprised by all the degrading comments about the Afghan coach!! Is these the same people who continously complain about alledged Thai racismen??!! My guess is,that a coach in martial arts is a diciplined person,to whom something happened,that probably has happened to most of us before we learned the ropes.(although in a smaller scale..) By the way,and perhaps a little beside the point ; I have always been received with respect and friendliness in Thailand.(immigration an exception..) Not because who I am or because I throw money around,which I don´t, merely because I am a " Farang".. In sharp contrast to how I am "treated" in my own country ;just an old fart,that nobody takes notice of...

Thats ok.....................no one here is really taking notice of you either.

O.K.,animatic;I stand corrected;although it is a known fact,that there are Americans with "foreign" names,I agree,that this person probably IS an Afghan gentleman.Which of course makes him a fair target regardless of what kind of person he might be..! Or perhaps you,and the others,know him personaly? Anyway,I have to bend to the majority and say,that it is allright to treat some nationalities as dirt as long as WE farangs are respected.Respected for being so high above everybody else,that must inspire people here to love us,right! ( I am ironic,,incase someone not get it)

If I were giving the pre-Thailand briefing for the Afghani men's judo team, I'd include the following:

1. When engaging in male vs. female (? :) ) wrestling, make sure to make the "crotch grab" as your first move...

2. Don't expect to find 72 virgins here in BKK.....

:D

Hello, how will this coach ever live it down? I am interested to know if he will be arrested when he goes back to his home country for this indiscretion as this is not a good thing for a muslim to do if he is muslim. Most Afghan people are muslim and they know what is against their laws, but maybe the rules change for them in the LOS. Cheers.

I am amazed at the amount of vitriol and p1ss taking in this thread, you should all be ashamed.

here is a poor Afghani guy representing his country at this prestigious event, his country is in conflict so he relaxes a little when he comes here, he feels the need for female companionship so heads out in search of his soul mate that he can discuss the current conflict in his home country and the world economy. In his naivety he has no idea what type of place Nana Plaza is and is fooled into going there by a taxi driver, he enters the ladyboy bar in total innocence and does not notice the deep voices, the fake breasts and the bulge down below. he engages in conversation with someone who shares his passion for stoning adulterers and dislike of the US and feels the need to find somewhere quiet to share his horrific experiences with. They head back to the comfort of his hotel room so he can pray before continuing the conversation with this kindred spirit. being conscientious he visits his team mates to make sure they have also prayed and are safely back in their rooms with any kindred spirits they may have found. On returning to his room he is taken advantage of by his kindred spirit that he was hoping to convert to islam and marry. Imagine his horror when he came round and notice he has been robbed.

Shame on you all for mocking him and assuming that by 'female companionship' you all thought he meant sex with a bar girl. :D

:D:)

It may seem funny to some because a ladyboy is involved, but using a drug to rob a person no matter how stupid they are is vary dangerous.  

I don't think it would have been as funny if a guy drugged a women and raped her or a child.   How many also think they should have not been so stupid as to fall for that one, but they do, don't they.  I guess the victims are just lucky they even wake up from being drugged.  

The AU officer is not just embarrassed he is facing charges,  He has most likely lost his job and I am sure if he has a family they are real happy about it.   God only knows what the coach is looking forward to.  He may need political asylum as far as we know..

All this because some ladyboy, (odds are HIV positive) is greedy and lacks any concern for other human life.   This ladyboy if caught, I would hope he gets 25 years to life.  

"Mr Sakala was the second high-profile foreign victim to be drugged and robbed by a ladyboy in less than a month"  Sorry, but I fail to see any humor in it.

I am amazed at the amount of vitriol and p1ss taking in this thread, you should all be ashamed.

here is a poor Afghani guy representing his country at this prestigious event, his country is in conflict so he relaxes a little when he comes here, he feels the need for female companionship so heads out in search of his soul mate that he can discuss the current conflict in his home country and the world economy. In his naivety he has no idea what type of place Nana Plaza is and is fooled into going there by a taxi driver, he enters the ladyboy bar in total innocence and does not notice the deep voices, the fake breasts and the bulge down below. he engages in conversation with someone who shares his passion for stoning adulterers and dislike of the US and feels the need to find somewhere quiet to share his horrific experiences with. They head back to the comfort of his hotel room so he can pray before continuing the conversation with this kindred spirit. being conscientious he visits his team mates to make sure they have also prayed and are safely back in their rooms with any kindred spirits they may have found. On returning to his room he is taken advantage of by his kindred spirit that he was hoping to convert to islam and marry. Imagine his horror when he came round and notice he has been robbed.

Shame on you all for mocking him and assuming that by 'female companionship' you all thought he meant sex with a bar girl.

It's karma dude!

It's karma dude!

My post was tongue in cheek, I am sure you realise that. I believe you reap what you sow

So was mine. I recognized the subtle humor so I think we're on the same page. The drugging is dangerous but since he is still alive he can continue in "reaping" mode.

It's karma dude!

My post was tongue in cheek, I am sure you realise that. I believe you reap what you sow

So was mine. I recognized the subtle humor so I think we're on the same page. The drugging is dangerous but since he is still alive he can continue in "reaping" mode.

I read a book recently about British soldiers in Afghanistan, I think Sniper One but not too sure, it may have been another book about Paras in Afghanistan though that name escapes me. In the book they talk about the accepted homosexuality in Afganistan, always seeing men together and sadly also seeing men and policemen taking young boys away, it was known that this was for sex.

Sad state of affairs, lets not kid ourselves that the people of Afghanistan are naive. I just want to add that this was something I read and I have not encountered first hand and I am sure it does not apply to Afghans.

This piss taking is no different for this Afgani Judo coach

than that doled out to the Ausi military man who lost state secrets

being equally a dumbass...

Not thinking clearly about where you are and not asking advice about the lay of the land

before venturing out into uncharted waters unprepared is just not a considered thing to do.

He is not getting castigated for being Afgani per se,

though his home reference points left him woefully unprepared,

but that he didn't use BASIC COMMON SENSE.. and for that he becomes

a target for comment. But equaly goes a slap to those around him who

SHOULD have warned the poor dude in advance.

"..he is not castigated for being afghani per se.." Whom are you trying to kid! Just go back and have a second look at the posts,all talk about camels,sharialaw,stoning,muslims and so on..Perhaps starting to feel a bit uncomfortable by siding with the lynchmob,by which the man is already convicted without a chans to give his side of the story.Unless,of course,you consider a newspaperclip as evidence enough..But better late than never.By the way;I agree with the obvious; that the man acted foolishly.If that had been the target of all the degrading posts,I would not have felt particularly compelled to comment to this story...

"..he is not castigated for being afghani per se.." Whom are you trying to kid! Just go back and have a second look at the posts,all talk about camels,sharialaw,stoning,muslims and so on..Perhaps starting to feel a bit uncomfortable by siding with the lynchmob,by which the man is already convicted without a chans to give his side of the story.Unless,of course,you consider a newspaperclip as evidence enough..But better late than never.By the way;I agree with the obvious; that the man acted foolishly.If that had been the target of all the degrading posts,I would not have felt particularly compelled to comment to this story...

I bet you are the sole of the party,having a few glasses of water and telling jokes about the irish,english,scottish man,and stating its not racist,just a joke.Lighten up man and enjoy life

I find it hard to belive watching young boys dressed as girls dance by fireside is even slightly

Agree with what you say,but this topic is gone crazy already.

BTW,not Farsi, in Kabul they speak Pashtu.Farsi is used in a neighbor Counry.

Agree with what you say,but this topic is gone crazy already.

BTW,not Farsi, in Kabul they speak Pashtu.Farsi is used in a neighbor Counry.

Farsi is used in Iran along with several other dialects of persian.

Afghan judo coach loses to ladyboy

BANGKOK: -- The coach of the Afghan judo squad attending the Asian Martial Arts Games in the Thai capital was robbed of hundreds of thousands of baht after falling for a ladyboy he met in the notorious Nana Plaza adult entertainment complex.

Assaladee Sakala, 43, told police he and his team checked into the Grand Ayudhaya Hotel Bangkok in the Ratchada area and went looking for some female company.

REPORT EDITED FOR BREVITY.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette & Thai Rath

First,let me say that after reading all the posts on this thread, I am not in the least offeneded by any of them

Afghanistan and indeed most of the other "Stans" in the world, have yet to enter the 20th century. (No that's not a typo, I meant 20th century).

This poor guy comes to Thailand and to the home of Buddhism and hedonism.

It must have been a real eye-popper for him and his team-mates to walk into Nana Plaza, in fact they probably thouight they'd died and entered Paradise. So many scantily clad young virgins running around, and all so happy too.

Then he finds himself in Casanova or some such establishment devoted to admirers of girls with outside plumbing.

He is approached by a "stunner", overwhelmed with desire and it's back to the Grand Ayudhaya Hotel for some judo practice.

Usually a hotel will ask for a "guest's" I.D.card at which time, maybe an eyebrow might have been raised, a small warning muttered? Aapparently not?

Sadly this poor guy has had to endure a hugely embarrassing situation, a huge financial loss with the thefts etc, but as several other posters here have said, "It's buyer beware" when you come to Bangcock :)

Edited by ratcatcher

Well,dodee,I don´t know any jokes about irish,english,scottish or any other nationalities either.But since I guess you are familiar with the subject,perhaps you can tell some,to balance things out,so to speak,and we all can have a laugh together. :)