Import Tax For Electric Equipment?

tempworld

Hi

I am trying to find out what and how much tax i have to pay for import of electric equipment like camera.

Do anyone know where to look or better know what the price or % of it would be?

Thanks

You can go here: http://igtf.customs.go.th/igtf/en/main_frame.jsp

It will probably take you two hours of digging to find the proper codes, then another two hours to find the extensive schedules (in PDF)that give the tax for everything imaginable (gas BBQ's are 60%, gasoline farm implements are 30%). It's all there if you have the patience and tenacity to find it.

But a better way is to order it online in your home country and have a friend ship it to here you by post ( NOT FedEx or UPS!!!) in a plain brown wrapper. There is some risk, sure, but it has always worked for me. The problem with buying here is not only the tax, vendors seem to have giant mark-ups in addition. There seems to be little real competition. A GPS I just bought in the U.S. costs 300% more here and the advertised Thai price was trumpeted as a BIG SALE! I bought a Canon Powershot SX1IS online in Australia, had it shipped to a friend in the U.S., who then shipped it to me here, and I saved 1,000's. Go figure.

Import duty on Electrial equipment is generally 20%.

Computer gear is 5 %.

i will import camera system, alarm system, attack alarm system and other recording and wireless equipment.

I know a lot about that but when it is come to tax i dont know nothing and i have seen some where that it was 60% in tax.

do anyone of you know about this?

Check out this website:

http://igtf.customs.go.th/igtf/en/main_frame.jsp

Burgler alarm: Tariff code- 8531.10.10

Normal Duty: 10%

If from China: 5%

If from other Asean country: 0%

If from Japan: 6.7%

Please note if any but the "normal" rate is used, the shipper will need to provide the appropriate form... (example Form D or Form E or Jtepa ...)

Also please note that import duty is calculated using CIF value of good, not invoice value. (CIF value means Invoice value + Cost of Freight until arrival in BKK + cost of insurance)

hi

when i look at the Tariff code- 8531.10.10 it say 60% in tax but they dont say how they get that. Can some one tell me that?

It is inport from china

Not sure where you are getting the 60% from...

1. click on the website given above

2. click on "search for import tariff"

3. Put in code "85311010" and hit search

4. on the right hand side go to the drop down menu labled "duty reduction" and choose "all" and click on "show"

5. you will see all of the various rates...

a. current rate is labeled "General Rate" - its the second one

b. if any other special rates based upon FTAs are avaialbe they will follow (ASEAN-China, ASEAN FTA, ASEAN-JAPAN, JTEPA...)

So if goods are sourced in China, you will be interested in the ASEAN-China FTA or General rate, which ever is lower.

...or ask a friendly freight forwarder... :)

Digital cameras are a classification on its own, HS code 8525.802000. The general rate is 5%. If you can benefit from any FTA it can be as low as 0%.

If sourced from China, 0% under ASEAN-China FTA

*remember VAT of 7% still applies

...or ask a friendly freight forwarder... :)

Digital cameras are a classification on its own, HS code 8525.802000. The general rate is 5%. If you can benefit from any FTA it can be as low as 0%.

If sourced from China, 0% under ASEAN-China FTA

*remember VAT of 7% still applies

thanks a lot.. so as i see it then it will be max 5% of shipping and product price and after 7% of the total amount after 5% import tax