Is The Us$ Destined To Collapse?

Is the US$ destined to collapse?  

319 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Actually as I said I never really looked into it. After my last post I did a search on that model of modelspace. Pretty interesting software. I could see a few 3 letter type organizations using something similar to police the web.

Like one article I read claims....It seems possible there could be some accuracy in man made fields & probably not in non man controlled fields....weather etc?

:) Things that make me go hmmmm

Edited by flying

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Max tees off on the US and USD!

50% bullion backing If true would be a start towards killing fiat creation on a whim & a prayer :D Not to mention bullish for gold.....or wet dream as my klingon pal will say :)

50% bullion backing If true would be a start towards killing fiat creation on a whim & a prayer :D Not to mention bullish for gold.....or wet dream as my klingon pal will say :)

wet dreams are allowed. but anybody who thinks that "those in power" would forego the possibility to create fiat money and handcuff themselves with any kind of gold or precious metal backing should try and use logical thinking... for a change.

wet dreams are allowed. but anybody who thinks that "those in power" would forego the possibility to create fiat money and handcuff themselves with any kind of gold or precious metal backing should try and use logical thinking... for a change.

Perhaps that is the problem...Those in Power have handcuffed the world to mealiness

fiat ? :) Except those in power may not all reside on the same side of the fence. Perhaps that will bring change for the better.

Perhaps that is the problem...Those in Power have handcuffed the world to mealiness fiat ? :) Except those in power may not all reside on the same side of the fence. Perhaps that will bring change for the better.

and after the young stranger had killed all the kingdom's enemies he was made a prince, given the king's daughter as a wife and both lived happily ever after till the princess found her husband in bed with the queen inviting his young wife for a ménage à trois :D

and after the young stranger had killed .....

Yes well I have a feeling we will see some changes in the next year or two.

Then we can laugh or cry :D

I am sure the climate was the same before any previously great fiats made an exit to a lower rank if not complete annihilation.

Lots of incredulous bold statements. I wonder what they said after?

Probably more incredulous statements but not as bold? :)

I have not really followed this whole web bot deal.

Do you actually mean 'bot' or 'boat'?

There are 2 threads running about catching a boat or not missing one in regards to gold. One boat is being sold on the basis that gold is going down and the other has a lighter sort of pitch - gold is going up but there is still room.

What concerns me is that it is exactly the same boat just being marketed across two threads. In which case it might turn out that the boat goes 'missing' rather than people 'miss' the boat. Obviously I understand that it really doesnt matter if the price of gold goes up or down if the boat is 'The Eclipse' - we shouldnt miss it anyways.

I have not really followed this whole web bot deal.

Do you actually mean 'bot' or 'boat'?

There are 2 threads running about catching a boat or not missing one in regards to gold. One boat is being sold on the basis that gold is going down and the other has a lighter sort of pitch - gold is going up but there is still room.

What concerns me is that it is exactly the same boat just being marketed across two threads. In which case it might turn out that the boat goes 'missing' rather than people 'miss' the boat. Obviously I understand that it really doesnt matter if the price of gold goes up or down if the boat is 'The Eclipse' - we shouldnt miss it anyways.

Sometimes hard for me to tell if your joking :D

Yes I meant Bots/robots have you read anything about them? The Web Bot project?

Mildly interesting & may have some merit as a news gathering suedo conclusions drawn from that. Not unlike the SS sections of Amerika flagging key words to tip them to people they may want to look closer at :)

Yes thanks good article.

It is the second time this month that I have heard about the possibility of Euro banks maybe having more failures this month than the US.

There is seldom a mention of the problems in European banks who foolishly lent money to the Baltic States in Euros or Swiss Francs and now those Baltic country currencies have collapsed and the loans cannot be paid back. European banks also lent to Latin America and those loans are also suspect. Arguably, European banks are in worse shape than US banks, but no one talks about it, at least in the US.

As a concept, if Chinese money supply grows at the current rate annually for say the next 4 years it will overtake the money supply of the USA at which point the Yuan presumably is not pegged to the dollar but the dollar is perhaps pegged to the yuan.

Assuming the peg remains in place then, we should be considering whether there is going to be a collapse in the Yuan rather more than the dollar. Or if money supply expansion is an issue the collapse in the dollar will be caused by the Chinese?

^collapse of either means ruin for both. :)

I do agree the two economies are deeply interwined.

But consider Thailands boom and its growth rates. Essentially everything was fine while the dollar depreciated because liquidity was sucked into Thailand. And the collapse was brought upon/accelerated by the appreciation of the dollar. Fundamentally what I believe would destroy say China would be an appreciation of the dollar. They may talk about the value of their USTs but do not care about the value of their USTs because they have in return received a transfer of wealth, jobs, technology and manufacturing.

Luckily for them they have the fact that as soon as people stop worrying about dollar depreciation they will start worrying about yuan/dollar depreciation. The Chinese are very clever at exporting inflation through infrastructure.

The US$ is in discussion in the Arab world if it will stay the leading currency in the future. They are thinking about a basket of currencies that will be taking over the US$ as the leading currency.

If this is happening the US$ will crash like the GBP when it was the world currency.

IMHO only a matter of time.

But it will take years.

As a concept, if Chinese money supply grows at the current rate annually for say the next 4 years it will overtake the money supply of the USA at which point the Yuan presumably is not pegged to the dollar but the dollar is perhaps pegged to the yuan.

Assuming the peg remains in place then, we should be considering whether there is going to be a collapse in the Yuan rather more than the dollar. Or if money supply expansion is an issue the collapse in the dollar will be caused by the Chinese?

Discussion here-

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com...nt-look-at.html

Discussion here-

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com...nt-look-at.html

If the numbers printed in that blog are correct, everything seems a bit odd.

Chinese M2 currently stands at US$8.5trn which is higher than the US which is US$8.3trn. Yet the US economy is approximately the 3x the size of China's. With China GDP at around US$4.5trn, M2 is also over 150% of GDP.

To me something is very odd about those statistics.

Interesting video, but I don't think that's going to work UNLESS the government of the US is complicit in the currency switch. I don't think they are, so if this is a possibility it will be comparable to declaring economic war. One better be sure of who their allies are if they're going to start a war.