Kap Cheung Immigration Downsizing Office&services

Dave the Dude

If anyone is due down to Kap Cheung office in the near future, I would be grateful if you would kindly doublecheck/check this statement posted on our local Surinfarang site????????
Latest from the mouth of the aforementioned horse, 10 minutes ago, Immigration are to man a small 'shack' close to the Chong Chom border crossing where 90 day reporting may be effected. Believe what you wish!

This is a worryingly sensible Thai solution to the hundreds of expats having to visit(or maybe post) 90 day reports?

Dave

apperently there are only 150 expats in buriram and surin. not hundreds :)

If anyone is due down to Kap Cheung office in the near future, I would be grateful if you would kindly doublecheck/check this statement posted on our local Surinfarang site????????
Latest from the mouth of the aforementioned horse, 10 minutes ago, Immigration are to man a small 'shack' close to the Chong Chom border crossing where 90 day reporting may be effected. Believe what you wish!

This is a worryingly sensible Thai solution to the hundreds of expats having to visit(or maybe post) 90 day reports?

Dave

Checked. Confirmed. Was there today and told a small office will be opened in Chong Jom for 90 day reporting. Visa renewals, etc. to be handled in Korat.

Checked. Confirmed. Was there today and told a small office will be opened in Chong Jom for 90 day reporting. Visa renewals, etc. to be handled in Korat.

If that is correct then that means there will definately be no 90 day report by post for ex Kap Cheong users and Korat expats. I can't see them having 2 sets of rules for the one office, But there again, this is Thai immigration we're dealing with. One step forward, 2 steps back.

If that is correct then that means there will definately be no 90 day report by post for ex Kap Cheong users and Korat expats. I can't see them having 2 sets of rules for the one office, But there again, this is Thai immigration we're dealing with. One step forward, 2 steps back.

My sentiments entirely, Coventry.

Sit down when the music stops. :)

I will know soon enough as Im due to report next week anyways

Dave

I live in Korat and this office is busy, so saying they get one customer a day is not true. Every time I go their you have to take a number and wait. They have two immigration officers to do the paper work and one Captain to approve everything. They also have additional officers and a colonel behind the scenes to do additional tasks and investigations. If the employees of Surin immigration office are to move to Korat they would need additional desks to handle the flow since Korat would be picking up Surin and Buriram.

Barry

I live in Korat and this office is busy, so saying they get one customer a day is not true. Every time I go their you have to take a number and wait. They have two immigration officers to do the paper work and one Captain to approve everything. They also have additional officers and a colonel behind the scenes to do additional tasks and investigations. If the employees of Surin immigration office are to move to Korat they would need additional desks to handle the flow since Korat would be picking up Surin and Buriram.

Barry

Somebody who went to Kap Cheong yesterday told me they do 2000 visas a year, that's 150 a month; presumably Korat does 400 a month. This sounds far more likely than the figure of 150 a year which has been used in several posts in t his thread.

He also confirmed that from October 1, 90-day reports will be done in a shed next to the Chom Cheong boder post.

He also reported that Korat has made no arrangements to handle the additional workload. So be prepared for a long wait!

Edited by isanbirder

So maybe the Surin guys will be using the "shack". I expect the Buriram guys, myself included, to be using Khorat.

Has anyone actually done anything in Khorat Immigration yet? Might be nice to get some info about how different/the same the procedures are.

I think we all pretty much know that rules change from one Immi office to another. I have a mate in the North who has to take Tabien Baan, photos of family and wifes ID card just to do a 90 day report.

I need to go in October so will be able to inform after that. Any info before that may be useful for me and others.

Thanks to anybody listening!!!!

Where in Korat is the office situated?As i will be paying a visit early in October and it would be a great help if i knew where i have to go.Apart from the shopping mall i have no idea of locations in Korat.

Any help will be great :)

Hi

Well I did my last ever 90 day report today at Kap Cheung Immigration Office. The ever helpful Daw explained that she will be going over to work in Korat, so thats their gain.

She confirmed that further 90 day reports (only) could be done at the exit side(left) of Chong Chom Border.

She did, however, say make sure the guys understand that you are reporting only and NOT leaving Thailand. From that, I guess, she is expecting problems there but they do have her phone number if problems arise. I would strongly suggest you ARRIVE with your TM47 completed and that would help any misunderstandings.

I suppose the good news is you will be able to report on Saturday & Sundays now.

:)

Dave

Northeastern Immigration Center

TOT pcl Building, 1st floor,

118 Moo 10 Kok-kruat Sub-District,

Muang District, Nakhon ratchasima 30280

The big road from Korat direction Bangkok.

No opening hours on Saterday and Sunday.

At the moment already 3 extra people at work (because of Kap Choeng--as explained to me)

Edited by dutch

Hi

Well I did my last ever 90 day report today at Kap Cheung Immigration Office. The ever helpful Daw explained that she will be going over to work in Korat, so thats their gain.

She confirmed that further 90 day reports (only) could be done at the exit side(left) of Chong Chom Border.

She did, however, say make sure the guys understand that you are reporting only and NOT leaving Thailand. From that, I guess, she is expecting problems there but they do have her phone number if problems arise. I would strongly suggest you ARRIVE with your TM47 completed and that would help any misunderstandings.

I suppose the good news is you will be able to report on Saturday & Sundays now.

:)

Dave

The good news Dave, is everyone in Surin and Buriram will be able to take a trip to korat, and enjoy the fine shopping our city has to offer.

Barry

Edited by barryofthailand

The good news Dave, is everyone in Surin and Buriram will be able to take a trip to korat, and enjoy the fine shopping our city has to offer.

Barry

Yes, I'm sure my wife would agree with you,Barry. I just think about the small subject of cost including a night in town. :)

Dave

At the moment already 3 extra people at work (because of Kap Choeng--as explained to me)

If they have to employ and additional 3 people in Khorat, surely the savings over running Kap Choeng must be minimal bearing in mind they have also had to open a shed at the border?

Afraid the logic has gone over my head!

TBWG :)

If they have to employ and additional 3 people in Khorat, surely the savings over running Kap Choeng must be minimal bearing in mind they have also had to open a shed at the border?

Afraid the logic has gone over my head!

TBWG :)

Wow, I didn't think anything was as high as that,David

The reference to a 'shed' is a bit of a ruse! There will be no additional building needed at the border as the reporting will be done at the existing EXIT office.

Dave

Where exactly is the Korat Immigration office? Posts on this thread give an address which is (I think) 12 kms along the main Bangkok road from Korat city (map on Buriram local forum). Surinfarang.com gives a location in Chokchai, with map showing it between Toyota and PTT. There's quite a difference!

Perhaps we'd all better stick our heads in the nearest ricefield, and forget about the 90-days thing altogether!

Edited by isanbirder

hello everyone,does this mean i can cross the border here and go on to get a 2 month extension in the cambodian capital.thanks,buffaloe

Hello BB, I know you can cross the border at Chom Chom and travel on by road to Siam Reap and onto Phenom Phen. You can also re-enter Thailand from Cambodia at Chom Chom.

I am not sure that I know what you mean by "to get a two month extension". A two month extension of what? Presumably you can apply for a new tourist visa to re-enter Thailand from the Thai Embassy in Phenom Phen.

I was at Kap Cheund yesterday and picked up the following map which I was told is where we from Surin etc. will have to go in future. I was plesed to see that it was on route 24 so should be easy to find and we will not have to go into Korat itself!!

I do not have any more news on the 90 day reporting than already posted. Any updated news on this gratefully received as I do NOT wish to cross the border.

post-39126-1254219926_thumb.jpg

Hope you can open the map attachment!!

If not then at least I tried!!

Good luck and happy travelling.

• 2 weeks later...
The shack/shed at Chom Chong is actually a white portacabin placed to the right of the exit line. Everybody seems to know what a TM47 (90 days' report) is, and there is no problem whatsoever in reporting there.
Due to Chong Chom being open at the week-ends does that mean TM47's can be done there as well, where as Korat is closed ? Edited by sinbin

The shack/shed at Chom Chong is actually a white portacabin placed to the right of the exit line. Everybody seems to know what a TM47 (90 days' report) is, and there is no problem whatsoever in reporting there.
Due to Chong Chom being open at the week-ends does that mean TM47's can be done there as well, where as Korat is closed ?

Yes thats right, I was told this One advantage by the Immigration staff in Kap Cheung

Dave

My post on 28th September raised the question of where Korat Immigration actually was, and referred to Buriramexpats.com giving a map of the now-closed TOT office at Korat City. This map was replaced the same day, and a map is also on this very thread posted by AA1.

To recap, and perhaps clear up this tedious topic once and for all (!)

The office at Chokchai (called Korat Immigration) offers all immigration services, and replaces Kap Cheong and the TOT Korat office; this is on Route 24 about a kilometre from the Chokchai intersection. 90 day reports may also be made at the Chom Chong border crossing just along the road from where the old Kap Cheong office (also now closed) was (the sign on the main road is still there); this is no problem. And Chom Chong is handing out maps of the location of the office at Chokchai. I do not know whether the TOT Korat office is still open, but it certainly does not handle all immigration services any more.