Want To But A Portable Audio Book Mp3 Player

ThaiLife

Ive now many Audio books stored on my computers ( PC & Mac ) , all mp3 files ,so now I would like to

buy a small portable mp3 player , as ive never had one before , not too sure what to

look for both in makes and spec , any advice Please

Thanks

TL :)

Should read ... Buy :D

Edited by ThaiLife

Ive now many Audio books stored on my computers ( PC & Mac ) , all mp3 files ,so now I would like to

buy a small portable mp3 player , as ive never had one before , not too sure what to

Thanks

Why a dedicated audio book player?

Most phones can play MP3 files. I listen to my audio books on my Sony phone, it saves carrying an extra device.

With a decent memory you can have a lot of books.

For long days I also have a windoze mobile on which I can also read e-books thanks to mobipocket. It is OK as a PDA, ebook reader and music player but useless as a phone.

Edited by thaimite

Depends how much you want to spend and how many gigabites you require really. I use a very cheap but thoroughly reliable AJ MP3 player that cost me less than 600gaht. It's 2 Gig although I'm sure the newer ones have much larger storage. I use it every day mainly listening to Podcasts and use one rechargeable AAA battery. Perfect for the job. Ironically, I bought it because it was so cheap, small, lightweight, and is a well known Thai brand, and I considered it to be disposable, as I tend to lose or break everything expensive and portable! I have had it for almost 5years!! It is about the same size as my thumb. I would definately recommend it, hope that helps. Available everywhere including Teso, Carrefour etc..

Think "Riley'sLife" and I have the same player. It's just like an overzied 2gb thumb drive, just drag and drop your files onto it. Turning it off and even changing the battery you don't loose your place. Cheep and cheerfull.

I got mine from Tesco but have seen them in BigC and in the 7-11 catalogue.

post-35075-1252318600_thumb.jpg

:)

Think "Riley'sLife" and I have the same player. It's just like an overzied 2gb thumb drive, just drag and drop your files onto it. Turning it off and even changing the battery you don't loose your place. Cheep and cheerfull.

I got mine from Tesco but have seen them in BigC and in the 7-11 catalogue.

post-35075-1252318600_thumb.jpg

:)

Hi, looks just the thing , do you find the 1GB size enough ..?

Thanks

TL

Thanks

I am familiar with this subject,its my biz.The best for you - SansaClip,SansaClip+ and SansaFuze from company SanDisk.

SansaClip is simple device,with very good sound,very affordable,it has display,but doesnt show pictures or video.Sansaclip+ is new model - with micro memory slot,SansaFuze has memory slot and bigger display for pictures and videos.All models - quite small and light,they "know"

Thai script.

Expect to pay less then 100US$,they are available on Amazon and on SanDisk online shops.

Another player,which is good for LOS is Samsung YP-CP3,its very new model with big(3inch)beautifull display,cost 130US$.This player is a sort of polyglot - it supports all major world languages,Thai including.You will not see any gibberish on screen,only

Thai letters;only very few players can handle Thai language well!!CP3 does it perfect.To use these players you do not need any special

software,you can swap memory cards with mobile or friends,so even comp is not necessary.

Thanks

I think a 2G+ mp3 player, with bookmarking and resume features should work fine.

( a detail list of considerations can be found at h ttp://www.o-learn.com/content/how-to-choose-a-mp3-player-for-audio-books )

I use an old player named rio forge, it is great, but you may not be able to fine one the market.

Slightly off topic I know, but related to Audio Books.

I am trying to get a visually impaired friend set up with Audio Books.

I am concerned about how he will restart where he left off listening?

It is easy for me, I can read the track number and restart from that place.

He cannot read the display..................

Any advice welcome

Thanks

My Nokia E51 plays Audible format audio books as well as MP 3 books. I have a 4 GB memory card in it and it hold MANY books as well as playing them quite well. If I get a phone call, it interrupts the book. It does remember where it stops and starts in the same place if playing Audible format books.

This might be usefull info for audio book fans.There are players with speed playing control,like:very slow,slow,normal,fast,very fast.

They do not change pitch.Some people will save time,some people - will understand better.What do you prefer - slow or fast?

One model I remember is mp5 - not very simple,but not too expensive - just 100$,brand name "@ASK",model:ASK TV-MP5 HD911