House That Collapsed In Bophut

Still searching for news... According to my neighbor, a house on the mountain near the Monkey Theater in Bophut collapsed killing all five farangs occupying it. He said he watched the ambulances arrive and carry the bodies away. Anyone living near this area should know something.

i think a few TV members live up that way .... any updates ?

Friday afternoon , I think around three o'clock, I was walking with my dog when a lot of Emergency vehicles came up the hill here. Ambulance and a motor of Bandon, Samui Rescue with a lot of bikes, police and ofcourse a lot of curious people. They searching and ask me if I heared something about a landslide in Bophuthills. Police had an emergency call. Around my place was everything quiet and didn't hear anything. They followed the new road into the hills and after half a hour they came back with no hurry. So......hopely a false emergency call! Maybe Rooo has more news?

If it is true then it will be more than sad.

Sad for the victims, yes, but it will also change everybody's view of buying these houses on the side of mountains.

Would anybody trust living in a house like that again?

Would anybody be able to sell their house on a mountain? (That is if the property market ever picks up again)

HL :)

I tell you, sod living in those wooden chalets between Boh Phut and Bang Rak with that huge wall of mud behind you. I shudder everytime I drive past those.

Right on!

Perhaps that's why there is such a large spirit house built next door. To help try to stave off the inevitable. :)

That is where my car got hit by one of many a boulders shooting over the road after i saw a large chunk of the wall come down just in front of me. I was lucky just to have a dented car. This was after it had rained the whole night and morning. A very frightening experience.

I tell you, sod living in those wooden chalets between Boh Phut and Bang Rak with that huge wall of mud behind you. I shudder everytime I drive past those.

I know exactly what you mean!

When rainy season is underway, the mud covers the section of road infront of those huts

Maybe it's only the house market that has collapsed in Bophut. :D

now how long? I don't believe any house collapsed and 5 foreigners died, we all would have heard that by now, this thread is bullocks. What happened to not posting rumors? :)

I've been waiting to post the same. This is all bullsh*t. Used to be it would be closed until someone could provide some facts. I keep coming back to this thread expecting facts and there haven't been any.