Filing For Us Social Security

JimGant

GimGant:  Thanks for the Tricare info.

While I was ducking shells flying over head between Qumoy and Matsu during the Taiwan Straight"s "problem" in the late fifties, the "Cold War GI Bill passed three days after my education finished.

I am retired Navy, but only after five years of service, as I was in school when Marines started "aggressive patrols" in Vietnam and having been privy to the contigency plans for  tht country, I resigned my reserve commission. forthwith. The Navy's practice is to re-call reservest with the lowest grade and with the most recent expereience in theatre,  that was me in spades.

Many "weekend warriors" are leaning that hard lesson in Iraq as I speak.  I don't even qualify for the VFW, even though I not only dodged overhead shells while on a destroyer, but dodged rifle fire on sub-rosa work in Japan.

You know you might want to check out the VFW requiremetns a few years ago, some the arogance wa realized and the qulifications to join were expanded a lot as they should be a lot of guys like you were excluded and that was not right.

>>but there are four VFW Posts here that I know of and each has a service officer. Pattaya, Bangkok, Udon, and Korat<<

Ray,

Sounds like a VFW post in Chiang Mai would be nice. I saw on the Chiang Mai forum where someone was trying to build interest, but don't know where it went from there.

(Udorn, huh. Crawled back thru that gate many a time..... )

Well I did my crawling else where but there are many here that would have joined you.

Just for kicks and grins I'll start a topic in the Chaing Mia forum to see if there is an interest for a VFW in Chaing Mia. As I understand it. it ony takes fifteen members to establish a post.

>>but there are four VFW Posts here that I know of and each has a service officer. Pattaya, Bangkok, Udon, and Korat<<

Ray,

Sounds like a VFW post in Chiang Mai would be nice. I saw on the Chiang Mai forum where someone was trying to build interest, but don't know where it went from there.

(Udorn, huh. Crawled back thru that gate many a time..... )

Well I did my crawling else where but there are many here that would have joined you.

Just for kicks and grins I'll start a topic in the Chaing Mia forum to see if there is an interest for a VFW in Chaing Mia. As I understand it. it ony takes fifteen members to establish a post.

You might want to check this out, there are six guys trying to get a VFW post Started there the e-mail is [email protected]

Apparently it takes 25