Transfer Stamp To New Passport

Just got my new UK passport, good service btw 16 days inc posting from Phuket

12 month multi O visa expired now so will leave to get a new one in November. Do I need to have the 90 day entry stamp transferred by immigration before I fly out or can I wait and show old and new passports when I exit?

Thanks.

Normaly you should transfer the 90 day permission to stay stamp to the new passport at immigraiton. It is free and doesn't take long. Sometimes immigration at the airport will take care of it, but will take some extra time.

Thanks for your help, it's as I suspected.

Visited Phuket immigration yesterday to get the stamp transferred.

At first the officer was not sure what to do, he went away and asked someone else and came back saying that they only transfer 1 year pemission to stay stamps, no problem just show both passports at airport when you leave.

Ok by me, just hope they know what they are doing when I want to leave.

At first the officer was not sure what to do, he went away and asked someone else and came back saying that they only transfer 1 year pemission to stay stamps, no problem just show both passports at airport when you leave.

At worse they will do the transfer at the airport. Don't worry.

:D:D I am getting a new passport and then extending my retirement visa.Can I just go in with the old and new passport without transfering first? :):D:D

When I had the same situation they only transferred my permission to stay stamp, and left the original visa in the old passport. I then had to carry both on the next 3 border runs.

Yours is the exact opposite, but I am sure they will sort it out at the airport - check in early :)

sad.gif sad.gif I am getting a new passport and then extending my retirement visa.Can I just go in with the old and new passport without transfering first? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

You can not extend something that is not in your passport. I expect they will want the old extension of stay (or visa entry if that is what you have) transferred before they will consider extending it.

Edited by lopburi3

I just faced a similar situation as you. But I had to go to Immigration and have the old One Year Non O transferred to my new passport. As far as I know, they do not offer this service at the airport.

I just faced a similar situation as you. But I had to go to Immigration and have the old One Year Non O transferred to my new passport. As far as I know, they do not offer this service at the airport.

Maybe you mean extension of stay? A visa will not be transferred. Extension of stay, permission to stay and re-entry permit will be transferred.

You sure about that? I was told at Immigration in Pattaya that they will not do that...

Maybe you mean extension of stay? A visa will not be transferred. Extension of stay, permission to stay and re-entry permit will be transferred.

Yes, maybe it was the Extension of Stay. In either case, they said they didn't do that at the airport. Maybe they were misinformed, I don't know.