Waxing

moscow5

Ok, now there IS something that I am missing about Thailand. I miss my regular Starbucks counter guys, and I miss my bloody waxers and the PRICE! They were so sweet, and I paid just under $12 (which Donna reminded me was on the high side :o

I pay up to $40 USD (about 2,000 baht now) just for underarms and bikini.

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

so i tryed the zense of joy at the sukumvit road today. The staff is very, very friendly. The price is high. At the phone I was told that it will cost me 1200 bath, when I was finished they wanted to charge 1500, but changed it immediately to 1200 after I explained the situation. The shower in the treatment room could have been a little bit cleaner for my tast - but i am very picky when it comes to showers and hygine. The lady who performed the waxing was very nice and very professional, she spoke nearly no english at all, but that was no problem - i did not come for a chat, right?! She was very careful and seemed very experienced to me. The equipment she used was all clean and new - so no recycled wax or anything like that. I think zense of joy is a good place when you'r willing to spend that kind of money.

oh and one more thing, that was my "first time", it hurt (ofcause) but it was by far not as bad as i imagined it.

and @ piglet: you get a bathrobe but under it you will be naked.

• 2 years later...

I'd recommend Body Waxing in Samui?! Will be opening in other regions asap... but seriously - Men, Women, Brazilians, hairy backs - whatever, it's just a job and NO, it's not fun to perve when waxing a man 'down there' - it's a job and one that needs to be done well... so try and think of your grandma when you come for a brazilian and remember - she's holding hot wax, so BEHAVE!

naive question- i have never had a waxing... do you have to get nekkid? or do you just wear really small panties? sounds as pleasant as a trip to the gyn to me...

Thank you for asking!!!! I was thinking the exact same thing... can you just wear the swimsuit bottoms that you'd wear and have them wax around?