Freshwater Fishing Locations

Chastral

Does anyone have the phone number of a freshwater fishing establishment so that I can call them and they can help me find their location?

I did a google search, and I didn't find anything that was under 3,000 baht (some joker hoping to rip someone off with his 'private lake').

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In bkk there are so many places, I,m a regular at many of them except for bungsamran...i boycott that place because of double pricing, 400 baht thai -1000 baht farang,

I dont have the phone numbers or gps coords but can give you the gmz files for google earth, Most of the places cost around 150 baht ...ok they dont have the catch rates of bungsamran but i,m a person who goes fishing 2-3 times per week and often have sessions where i catch 12-15 per day maybe 3-4 of those being plah buek in the range of 20kg-50kg,

For each place there are certain baits ,cocktails, and rigs to use even to the point where at some places you have to be in the know where to order the bait 2days in advance from a supplier outside but still its not expencive, My thai gf is a more than avid fisher person and not only reads the thai fishing blogs but posts on them too...i guess much of the info i collect comes from her, IF your in bkk pm me,

try 5000 a day for Gillhams, though he does have a fully stocked lake with world record fish. Have not been there would like to go. Check out the website for more info. Top spot with the nice bungalows on the lake.

Near the Isuzu dealer on the way to the Phuket airport on the right side there is a place that has good fish and reasonable prices.

You have to realize to stock these ponds/lakes with quality fish is not exactly cheap. They are trying to make a profit. If you want to catch fish for free look for a lake and drop a line in. Many places all over the kingdom, do ask permission if there are any locals about.

Alternatively when the weather clears join me on a saltwater trip from Rawai share fuel and bait all equipement provided three fishos runs about 1000 person.

Tight lines

Jay

Edited by 69690jay

In Hua Hin try the "Fishing Lodge".

Have caught a couple of fish here.

Don't use the bread they give you, take your own squid or something.

They didn't have a problem with bringing your own bait when I went.

http://www.huahinfishing.com/home

There is also a Thai ran fishing park here in Hua Hin that is very cheap and we have caught some nice catfish there (but not like the one in the pics above...holy cow!).

PM me if you would like a map to this place. It's very close to town but out of sight and alittle difficult to find without prior info.

We have been to other "public" places like the fishing pier and Pranburi river but didn't catch anything, not even a bite....I think they have eaten almost all of the fish here. :)

• 2 weeks later...
In phuket the sports club in chalong, i think about 300 baht for 2 hours, heading from chalong circle heading towards rawai 1 KM road on right next to service station(gasoline/benzine) just follow the signs, i believe its mainly catch and release.

For your other questions JackinBkk, here is their website: http://www.phuketsport.com/

Edited by Scubabuddha