Healthcare International

Tonyks

Has anyone had any dealings, good or bad, with Healthcare International and their health insurance claims?

They are a Canadian Company, with offices in London and are part of the AXA group.

Can we ask where you found that information from ?

Googled them and did some research. I bought insurance from them because I thought that they were a UK company. They aren't! The hospital I was in don't have financial agreements with USA or Canada as they "don't pay up" apparently.

• 4 weeks later...

Healthcare International has a cheap package, but that includes 2000$ you have to pay for each disease per year. That means, if you have 3 medium operations with costs of 2000$ each, you pay 6000$ out of your pocket yourself. Needless to say, that all minor treatments you have to pay 100% too. Which can sum up! If you need dialysis, for example, this can be very costly if not properly insured.

Therefore, while HCI is cheap, it is not for people who cannot afford to pay a few thousand USD out from their pockets. But then, if you have that much money, why not pay a bit more for a proper insurance?