Honda Vtr 2010

visions

So... does anyone know when this bike will be released? I live in Pattaya and checked with the Honda dealer in North and South Pattaya and have no idea on what the VTR250. I then asked if they know if anything new is coming, they said no, but any new models would come in January or February.

I would really like to place my order for one. Anyone have any success in BKK?

This is my first post and not use to the forums, so also saying hello all!! :)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 kg difference in weight?!? A typo? Sorry, hard to believe. Or is the Ninja filled with all liquids and the VTR is dry?

I have been wondering how long the competitors watch Kawasaki grab a huge slice of the Thai new bikes market.

Now they should make the Transalp over here... Thailand screams for decent adventure bikes!

Chris

So... does anyone know when this bike will be released? I live in Pattaya and checked with the Honda dealer in North and South Pattaya and have no idea on what the VTR250. I then asked if they know if anything new is coming, they said no, but any new models would come in January or February.

I would really like to place my order for one. Anyone have any success in BKK?

This is my first post and not use to the forums, so also saying hello all!! :)

It seems the dealerships are often the "Last to know" when new model bikes are about to come out. This stands to reason in one respect. For example, I might be a candidate for a Honda Phantom or a CBR 150. So if a dealership I'm inquiring at has these machines in inventory even if it knows the new VTR250 is coming out in say one month, it might tell me, "We don't know" hoping I'll spring for a 200 c.c. Phantom or a 150 c.c. CBR. Such dealerships are therefore sacrificing the long term in terms of their credibility for short term profit. For instance if I inquired at a dealership when a new model was coming out and the dealership told me, "We don't know" and one day later I found this dealership stocking the new model I'd think either: 1. It was lying to me in the first place or 2. Its employees don't know much.

Honda will start production of 250cc class motorcycle (most of them are in fct 223cc) in Thailand early 2010, if production starts as planned we can expect the first Thai built motorcycles around March 2010. This can be a month earlier or can be much later... But March would be a good moment for Honda to introduce a new motorcycle(s)... with the Bangkok Motorshow 2010

This year you can forget buying a new Honda VTR250, likely Honda will introduce the Honda PCX 125i at the end of this month... :)

This year you can forget buying a new Honda VTR250, likely Honda will introduce the Honda PCX 125i at the end of this month... :)

I wonder why the OP said he already already placed an order...

Put my order in today......no confirmed delivery date yet tho.

Honda’s SH300i looks good.....except for the price!

Back to plates for a minute. I can't decide between the bright red or the traditional white...any thoughts?

post-63954-1257769718_thumb.jpg post-63954-1257769990.png

Cum on, you knew it was gunna cum to this! :)

I wonder why the OP said he already already placed an order...

Put my order in today......no confirmed delivery date yet tho

Quite simple.....just wanted to ensure I was one of the early birds. Note I stated......."No confirmed delivery date"

I am expecting Feb March...Time doesnt worry me too much. I now have 3 bikes to choose which to ride.......a 4th will only add to the dilema

I am expecting Feb March...Time doesnt worry me too much. I now have 3 bikes to choose which to ride.......a 4th will only add to the dilema

Thanks for the clarification- interesting that there's a dealer out there accepting orders when I've yet to hear of a Honda dealer that even knows the bike may be coming to Thailand. Unlikely we'll see this bike before the Bangkok Motor Show next spring. No rush, but I wouldn't mind having a little VTR 250 for running around town. Happy Trails!

• 2 months later...
Anyone heard any more about a possible launch date yet?

Local dealers in Kanchanaburi give me that 'crazy farang' look when I ask about the VTR as they appear to have heard absolutely nothing.

Well, maybe we'll hear something at the Bangkok Motor Show in April... Rather doubt they'd release anything as exciting as the VTR before then.

Anyone heard any more about a possible launch date yet?

Local dealers in Kanchanaburi give me that 'crazy farang' look when I ask about the VTR as they appear to have heard absolutely nothing.

Well, maybe we'll hear something at the Bangkok Motor Show in April... Rather doubt they'd release anything as exciting as the VTR before then.

With any luck....com'on Honda, break us off!

Yo Visions- remember when you said:

What's the story??? I spoke to Honda at the Bangkok Bike Show today and they said they are not accepting orders for this bike and they don't know when it will be available in Thailand...

So what's up?

Yo Visions- remember when you said:

What's the story??? I spoke to Honda at the Bangkok Bike Show today and they said they are not accepting orders for this bike and they don't know when it will be available in Thailand...

So what's up?

So what's up?.........I asked last week when I had my 150 serviced...also said dont know when. :) Doesnt worry me much. Unfortunately a few days in hospital last Dec used up all my "New Bike" money. Have to start over again dam_n it.

Not much information at the Honda booth at all, the idea was clearly to promote the Honda PCX scooter. Questions about the Honda Wave, CBR150R/CBR125Ri went all unanswered.

The Honda know-it-all person was actually the product manager of the scooter division, so yes questions about AirBlade's, Click's and new PCX scooter were answered satisfying. Other questions about non-scooter models was clearly not his area. I stopped at the Honda booth only a short time, it is possible that on other moments other more qualified people where available.

Me same, but hard to check. Anyway on the CenterWorld motorshow they only show the Honda PCX 125i (which as we all know has fuel-injection). I hear that some people have difficulty to purchase a 'new' Honda CBR150R, the Honda dealer on Rama II say's he cannot order them anymore. Another dealer on Suksawat Rd. which is not an official Honda dealer, they also sell Yamaha, some Suzuki, and Kawasaki KSR's says he can have a CBR150R in few days if somebody places an order. So the truth is ....?

Production of the Honda CBR150R did not stopped, but then Suzuki Thailand is also still producing the Raider R150, but only for the Malaysian market. As the Honda CBR150R is also available in Malaysia it is likely that Honda Thailand is following a similar path... Suzuki Thailand has stopped selling the Raider in Thailand to meet the 2010 exhaust emission regulations. As the engines of both the Raider and the CBR150R are similar on combustion characteristics, and the announcement of the Honda CEO in January 2009 - that Honda will stop selling carburettor motorcycles, it is likely that the CBR150R is also history.

But we cannot say this for sure until somebody from Honda says Honda CBR150R is no more. We asked the question at the Honda booth during the CenterWorld motorshow and got no answer. We learned that Honda Thailand in close cooperation with HeroHonda (India) have developed a 150cc PGM-FI motorcycle, will it be introduced in Thailand - my guess is as good as your guess....

One of the Honda guys at the Central show told me Honda has acquired a building but they are still not set up to sell big bikes.

The guy told me the VTR250 should be here next year.

I hope he's wrong, I dig this bike and would love to see them around and maybe own one myself.

One of the Honda guys at the Central show told me Honda has acquired a building but they are still not set up to sell big bikes.

The guy told me the VTR250 should be here next year.

I hope he's wrong, I dig this bike and would love to see them around and maybe own one myself.

They didn't 'aquire' it, they built a beautiful showroom in Bangkok (on the Ram Intra frontage road) that was supposed to be their "Big Wing" showroom.

hsb_02_04_07.gif

Then the world economy tanked and they put everything on hold. You can read about it on their website-

http://www.aphonda.co.th/superbike/bigwing.asp

Brand H will get here eventually but dam_n they are taking their sweet time...

Just a quick heads-up for you;

The New Honda VTR250 will be available in 9 to 10 weeks (end of March/beginning of April). Larger dealerships that deal with logistics and distribute for their given area have been informed, more local dealers won't be informed until closer to the date but will have sufficient time to place orders. Honda are initially limiting the dealers who will stock the new bike by asking all respective dealers to pay in full for all VTR250 orders prior to delivery to the dealership. Normally dealers, depending on their budget and size and sales rating, can have up to 6 weeks to pay for bikes.

Just a quick heads-up for you;

The New Honda VTR250 will be available in 9 to 10 weeks (end of March/beginning of April). Larger dealerships that deal with logistics and distribute for their given area have been informed, more local dealers won't be informed until closer to the date but will have sufficient time to place orders. Honda are initially limiting the dealers who will stock the new bike by asking all respective dealers to pay in full for all VTR250 orders prior to delivery to the dealership. Normally dealers, depending on their budget and size and sales rating, can have up to 6 weeks to pay for bikes.

Cool! Any word on price?

From the article above:

"Compared to the Ninja, the new Honda came out best around town, according to Miyazaki. “When you talk about city riding, the VTR is better,” he told MCN.

“Its engine has superb low-mid range torque, its handling is more neutral and it’s easier to manouvere.

“But if you want sportier riding, the Ninja is the better choice.

"Although the new Honda responds better low down, from the mid-range up the DOHC, parallel twin motor of the Kawasaki revs quickly and smoothly and its power increases more and more and its suspension has enough stroke to enjoy sport riding.”

"

The Honda VTR 250 is a sexy little bike. If it's competitively priced it will certainly give the Kawasaki Ninja 250 a run for it's money! Ride On!

• 2 weeks later...
Production of the Honda CBR150R did not stopped, but then Suzuki Thailand is also still producing the Raider R150, but only for the Malaysian market.

Richard, I don't know where you are getting your information. I have a relative that works for Suzuki Thailand & works at their factory/HQ & as I have told you before the Raider 150 is NO LONGER being produced in Thailand. Capiche? :)

@Neverdie

I tuoi dati chiaramente diverso da informazioni in mio possesso

Your relative most be very mobile person, the distance between head office (Thailand) and the nearest factory is not that near to another.

Edited by Mr.Poko

Dear Neverdie,

I got my information from a talk I had with a representative from Lions Group, they hold the Malaysian Suzuki distribution rights. This person told me, that the Suzuki FXR150 (which also was using a Raider engine) was going out of production and it would be replaced by the Thai produced Suzuki Raider R 150 (re-branded, as Raider would not work in Malaysia).

The Thai build Suzuki Raider R 150 is also known in Indonesia as the Suzuki Satria 150, which is also still on the market. When the Suzuki Belang R150 (Raider R150) was introduced at the beginning of this year in Malaysia I honestly need to say that I did not check where the motorcycle was produced.

So maybe it is not manufactured in Thailand....

I almost bought a VTR last year, it was about six years old and 120k in Chiang Mai, glad I didn't. With a little luck it will be out in April when I return to Thailand and it is exactly the kind of bike I want - I agree with the poster who went on about the old CB350/450 twins being great bikes and the style of the Kawasakis don't really do it for me and I am not inclined to pay twice the UK price for a Bonnie... so if the VTR happens big smile from me

Dear Neverdie,

I got my information from a talk I had with a representative from Lions Group, they hold the Malaysian Suzuki distribution rights. This person told me, that the Suzuki FXR150 (which also was using a Raider engine) was going out of production and it would be replaced by the Thai produced Suzuki Raider R 150 (re-branded, as Raider would not work in Malaysia).

The Thai build Suzuki Raider R 150 is also known in Indonesia as the Suzuki Satria 150, which is also still on the market. When the Suzuki Belang R150 (Raider R150) was introduced at the beginning of this year in Malaysia I honestly need to say that I did not check where the motorcycle was produced.

So maybe it is not manufactured in Thailand....

Dear Mr Richard,

I am aware of what you are saying above, but the thing is no longer being manufactured in Thailand but offshore.....anyway, im only splitting hairs to keep you on your toes. :)