Where To Put £15k?

kscotland

Hi guys, I'm after some urgent advice.

I intend to save up 30k then go to thailand, so far I have around half that.

The problem is I am "signing on" jobseekers allowance, but have 15k in my bank which I've made through selling something very much in demand on ebay at great prices. and its going up week on week, il have 30 by the end of 2 months.

Now I am scared at somepoint the bank will flag this up, as im signing on, and the police will freeze my accounts.

Where could I take out the money I have in their, and transfer it safely? I cant just put that amount of money of cash in a friends or family account, as its an abnormal amount. What would be a safer thing

I couldnt open a thai bank account in the uk, as i already phoned them, (the thai bank located in london) and they said i can only open one up in person in thailand.

Where can i stash this amount of money, to make sure its not frozen by the police?

cheers

Where can i stash this amount of money, to make sure its not frozen by the police?

cheers

Take it out of the bank and keep the cash, can't you buy travellers cheques to come to Thailand ?

Open up different accounts in different banks, no large deposits to start, also use a trusted family member if you need to.

Get Large denomination notes Euros, Swiss Francs or Pounds and carry it in your jacket, I knew a guy that took 75,000 Pounds out of the UK in a Barber Jacket, he was wearing it all the time, the Barber was customised to suit his needs. :)

Mind you, that was 20 years ago, the world has changed since then.

if you are using ebay and most likely getting paid with paypal, leave it in the paypal account and use the paypal mc card while in thailand ( or anywhere there are atm machines0

not much trying to hide it if it came to you via ebay anyway, I am sure the gov tax ppl are tapped into their system already

Well obviously the thing to do is to take yourself off the jobseekers allowance thereby making yourself no longer a fraudster liable for police action.

Do the math: 15k in 2 months less what you need to live.....seems that if you decided to be honest about it, you'd still save money.

Bludger.

So many Brits complain about scams in Thailand......here's you scamming the British taxpayer, and what's more, you boast about it to people, many of whom are paying the tax that pays your allowance!

Bludger.

Well obviously the thing to do is to take yourself off the jobseekers allowance thereby making yourself no longer a fraudster liable for police action.

Nothing to fear in the UK, even if a person gets caught it's no big deal, that's why so many do it.

Even if you get a jail term, so what, 3 good meals a day, TV in the cell, gym, library, and all the help you'll ever need when you come out, cos they can't leave you destitute after serving a sentence, the state has to take care of you.

It's a no lose situation for many.

Nothing to fear in the UK, even if a person gets caught it's no big deal, that's why so many do it.

Even if you get a jail term, so what, 3 good meals a day, TV in the cell, gym, library, and all the help you'll ever need when you come out, cos they can't leave you destitute after serving a sentence, the state has to take care of you.

It's a no lose situation for many.

glad you can call a jail term a "no lose situation"...

as mentioned above BigBroher is likely monitoring the eBayaccounts as well as the banks accounts anyway,,,

so trying to whip it out now and hide it ?????

AND asking for help on illegal activity on a public forum - !!

actually why hasnt this thread been CUT by MODs ??

glad you can call a jail term a "no lose situation"...

Not exactly a hard time is it ? :)

And for many people, they don't give a toss anyway, they will still get taken care of.

Or are we living in a fawkin' dream world cos we are on an internet forum ?

You have the ingenuity to play ebay to the tune of 30K in a 2months or so, but want the input of strangers on TV regarding how to discreetly manage it?? ........ and something else - you want to give it all in after you've made 30K?? - where's 30K going to get you in life???? .... run with it as long as you can.

A few contradictions here, er .....

I'd say as a starting point, you don't want to be saying anything to anyone - no exceptions .................. discretion is the better part of valour, and secondly, income at that level ....... well worth your effort to set up an off-shore account and not bring the funds anywhere near a bank in the jurisdiction where you live.

Hi guys, I'm after some urgent advice.

I intend to save up 30k then go to thailand, so far I have around half that.

The problem is I am "signing on" jobseekers allowance, but have 15k in my bank which I've made through selling something very much in demand on ebay at great prices. and its going up week on week, il have 30 by the end of 2 months.

Now I am scared at somepoint the bank will flag this up, as im signing on, and the police will freeze my accounts.

Where could I take out the money I have in their, and transfer it safely? I cant just put that amount of money of cash in a friends or family account, as its an abnormal amount. What would be a safer thing

I couldnt open a thai bank account in the uk, as i already phoned them, (the thai bank located in london) and they said i can only open one up in person in thailand.

cheers

I think you`re a trolling.

But just in case you are serious, I`ve reported you anyway.