Chalerm Quits His Chairmanship For Pheu Thai Mps

webfact

Chalerm quits his chairmanship for Pheu Thai MPs

By The Nation

Pheu Thai MP Chalerm Yoobamrung on Friday resigned his chairmanship for opposition lawmakers, a position created in lieu of the opposition leader which he can not assume since he is not concurrently the party leader.

"As the Pheu Thai party executive board and the party leader have entrusted me with the chairmanship for Pheu Thai MPs, I now deem it necessary to tender my resignation," Chalerm said.

He cited his other obligations as the reason he could not devote sufficient time for the job.

Before submitting the resignation, speculation spreaded that Chalerm clashed with chief opposition whip Withaya Buranasiri over the Pheu Thai stand related to charter amendments.

Chalerm reportedly wanted the main opposition party to withdraw the support for charter rewriting. Withaya was pushing to amend the charter although he opposed the referendum vote.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/10/09

He cited his other obligations as the reason he could not devote sufficient time for the job.

Chalerm reportedly wanted the main opposition party to withdraw the support for charter rewriting. Withaya was pushing to amend the charter although he opposed the referendum vote.

'Other obligations'.... hmmm, haven't read anywhere his sons are up on more murder or assault charges which may require 'fatherly tending', so that can't be it... :)

(background: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3572395.stm )

Yesterday it was reported the right honourable Mr Chalerm had merely followed orders from fugitive Pol Lt-Col / Dr / Ex-PM / Mr Thaksin to withdraw support and reject a public referendum on the 6 charter changes (which were primarily proposed by their side). One wonders what er, 'obligations' red proxy-premier in waiting / former Justice Minister / Pol Capt / Mr Chalerm must tend to now? (on the verge of a 100% certain red shit-storm to come this month...)

Will have to wait to see the next move by the 'defenders of democracy' (won't be long now...) :D

He's such a knob. Someone run him over with a land rover please.

Surely this would be an occupation reserved for Thais. What is that murderous kid with the Benz doing right now? Maybe he would be happy to oblige? The event might be messy but watching two 'connected' families going head to head in search of 'justice' Thai style would be a laugh a line.

A Viking funeral from one of Thailands dirty beaches - sponsored by TAT of course - would bring the tourists flocking in.

How convenient for the P.Thai.

Now Chalerm has stood down it leaves a vacancy for yet another questionable character who has just announced he is joining the party.

I reckon this could be the real reason for such an announcement, which appears to have come from nowhere standing down wise and bieng to busy?

He was obviously not up to the task of doing Thaksins bidding and his desperate desire to bring the government down.

Now it,s Chavalits chance to do his worst, cast his destardly spells and do his puppet masters bidding.

I saw Chavalit at the Udon airport, minus his strings, but with several heavies protecting him ????

Humpty Dumpty came to mind, appearance wise, funny because I always imagined him bigger, going on his media profiles.

He may just finish up the same way, minus the repairs

What a set of devious, smarmy, slime bags they all are.

marshbags :)

Edited by marshbags

marshbags :)

thank you for you quality comment. that show a high level of insight in thai politics and i wish other people here could argue likewise.

and i really love that small yellow face at the end of your comment. quite cheeky but soooo cooool. 55555. and funny. my cat once vomited in front of the door of that idiotic neighbour i have. that was cooool too and funny.

'Other obligations'.... hmmm, haven't read anywhere his sons are up on more murder or assault charges which may require 'fatherly tending', so that can't be it... :)

(background: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3572395.stm )

Yesterday it was reported the right honourable Mr Chalerm had merely followed orders from fugitive Pol Lt-Col / Dr / Ex-PM / Mr Thaksin to withdraw support and reject a public referendum on the 6 charter changes (which were primarily proposed by their side). One wonders what er, 'obligations' red proxy-premier in waiting / former Justice Minister / Pol Capt / Mr Chalerm must tend to now? (on the verge of a 100% certain red shit-storm to come this month...)

Will have to wait to see the next move by the 'defenders of democracy' (won't be long now...) :D

I still say a 7.62 for the head "moopaw" and similar for his brain dead minions :D

Here are some suppositions why Chalerm may have quit:

>>> he realized he was on a losing team

>>> He wasn't really head of the PT party, and that frustrated him, as he's a big boss type of man.

>>> He wasn't getting enough under the table payment and/or appreciation

>>> One of his kids got in trouble again, and daddy has to focus on sheltering him from consequences.

Edited by brahmburgers

Not to worry, all seems on the mend in Puea Thai/Red-rift land:

"I will clear up this issue with Pol Capt Chalerm. If I am the problem I'll have to take a look at myself," Mr Witthaya said.

Also, 'fresh' new Puea Thai face General Chavalit said he will talk to Pol Capt Chalerm and insisted there is "no rift”

Birds of a feather seldom have rifts if all keeps their eyes on the prize... (until time comes for the bounty to get divvied up;)