Usb Wireless Adapter And Atenna

2008bangkok

A per previous posts iv got a pretty poor wireless signal where I am and no option for a phone line, iv read that getting a USB wifi adapter and 7 DB antenna will increase a signal up to 1.2km which should be good enough to find a wireless signal.

Anybody have experience of these? Do they work a lot better? And what sort of price should I pay.

As always cheers in advance

A per previous posts iv got a pretty poor wireless signal where I am and no option for a phone line, iv read that getting a USB wifi adapter and 7 DB antenna will increase a signal up to 1.2km which should be good enough to find a wireless signal.

Anybody have experience of these? Do they work a lot better? And what sort of price should I pay.

I am using an external antenna with the CAT CDMA system.

It cost about 2000 Baht for aerial and cable and it has transformed an unusable 1 bar signal into a full strength 5 bar signal. I am about 12KM from the transmitter but with clear uninterrupted line of site.

Naturally they supplied the antenna with the incorrect 75 Ohm cable which I later changed to the correct 50 Ohm which again gave a marginal improvement, with fewer dropouts.

I believe my antenna gives about 14DB gain, but I am not sure. As a rough guide the more elemnts the better, but the narrower the beam so it has to be aligned more accurately.

Hi, I also use the CAT CDMA system, and have an external roof antenna, ( also with changed coaxial cable ) and I am about 6 km from the CAT antenna . From what I remember the CAT CDMA frequency's are ... ( Uplink ) 824-849 MHz and ( Downlink ) 869-894 MHz , you mention in your post ... iv read that getting a USB wifi adapter. I think WiFi runs on a frequency of 2.4 GHz , but I may be wrong

TL

Hi gusy thanks for the advice,where are you all buying these devices pantip?? you guys who have external how do yu hook them up to you laptops or pc's?

If you know the direction of poor source of wi-fi,you can make great improvements using directional antena.You can do it yourself

creating reflector from aluminium foil or wire-mesh;another solution:tin antena - google for instruction.The most important is:location!

like in house biz.