Thai Cooking Class In Chiang Mai

sailaway2000

My mother (a very keen cook) and my late father (who couldn't be trusted to cook anything) both did a day course at Chiang Mai Cookery School. http://www.thaicookeryschool.com/ They had nothing but praise for the experience, starting with an interesting trip to a local market to buy ingredients, then learning how to cook a handful of dishes. The owner, Sompon Nabnian, is very charismatic (he's been on TV quite a bit), and speaks good English. (His wife, I think, is English.)

The School will pick you up from your hotel and return you back at the end of the day.

Each student has his/her own station - no sharing when you're cooking.

Most of the boring preparation (chopping vegetables, etc.) is done for you beforehand.

Class sizes are pretty small.

Only one reply? I took the course at the school mentioned above with a friend. I highly reccomend it. It was very professional and thorough. The day that we went, the focus was on ingredients. I found this to be very useful and I can still remember the points and tips about each ingredient. Alot of the courses offer a trip to a local market, but unless you live in Thailand, this really isn't much use to you, and you lose time in the cooking area. The only down side I can say is that I burned my pad thai. That was my fault, though. :)