Ten Senior Cops Moved To Inactive Posts

webfact

Yes , but they still draw their salaries , which achieves exactly what ????????

You know they make salaries that follows the lines of 7/Eleven staff for both tellers and managers, basically?

Not that high, so to speak...

I found a some sources stating starting officers make about 8000 baht a month, sergeants (barely even a middle rank) about 20,000 baht a month. Much more than your 7-11 workers at 4-5000 baht. Undoubtedly these "top cops" are much higher. Still probably only a fraction of the money they make from thier nefarious activities.

Edited by Scubabuddha

Yes , but they still draw their salaries , which achieves exactly what ????????

You know they make salaries that follows the lines of 7/Eleven staff for both tellers and managers, basically?

Not that high, so to speak...

I found a some sources stating starting officers make about 8000 baht a month, sergeants (barely even a middle rank) about 20,000 baht a month. Much more than your 7-11 workers at 4-5000 baht. Undoubtedly these "top cops" are much higher. Still probably only a fraction of the money they make from thier nefarious activities.

7/Eleven makes 7k iirc, depending on shifts, Cashier at Tesco Lotus some 9k.

And I wasn't intending to get into an argument over the exact amount, more along the lines with 'them keeping their salary isn't the big concern'. It isn't like removing it is a big punishment to begin with.

We armchair experts will never know all that goes on, and we may never find out the end result of any investigation, but I get the sense that most of you know, as I do, that little hiccups such as this can be smoothed over by calling in a lot of favours and parting with a wad of baht!

What do "inactive post" and "desk job" mean, practically speaking? Will they be given actual work to do, and will they be expected to be productive? Are there any consequences if they are not productive? I'm not so naive as to think that this is a real punishment. I just don't know specifically what these desk jobs consist of.

Where is the story of Taxi Driver double Murder?There seems to be someone new working web.Last week headline about German committing suicide by jumping off roof But no story.

You ask a good question. I don't know that productivity, in the general sense of the word, is taken into account in the police force at any time.

It is a little hard to measure the productivity of services such as the police. This is especially true when it comes to crime prevention.

Productivity?...same anywhere. Its that which you take out of your pockets when you come home after a long days work and survey what you have at the end. For these guys....well who knows where it came from, its a very long story.