Air Blade 125cc?

Bung

Was just in a Honda shop and when I mentioned the Nuovo being 135cc she said the new blades will be 125cc.

Any truth in this rumour?

I would prefer a Honda as they seem better bikes all round but like the bigger engine and size of the Yamaha. Never was impressed with Yamahas quality here but looking around people seem happy with their Nuovo's. Are the Nuovas FI yet?

I think I could wait a bit if there is a 125 blade on the cards ....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other then having a fuel-injection, the Honda PCX 125i is also the first motorcycle with a cell-electro-motor, which makes sure that you the first away from the traffic lights... nothing beats the torque power of a electro-motor. When you on speed the gasoline engine will take over... (According to Honda, the stop and take-off is where automatic motorcycles/scooters consume most fuel)

Other then having a fuel-injection, the Honda PCX 125i is also the first motorcycle with a cell-electro-motor, which makes sure that you the first away from the traffic lights... nothing beats the torque power of a electro-motor. When you on speed the gasoline engine will take over... (According to Honda, the stop and take-off is where automatic motorcycles/scooters consume most fuel)

Crickey! That sounds like a big step up from a normal scooter! Sounds complicated = expensive.

Just googled it, I am officially excited. Look forward to seeing one in the flesh.

Intersting stuff, ive googled it for more info but my key word skills are failing me....got a link to your source by any chance.

Intersting stuff, ive googled it for more info but my key word skills are failing me....got a link to your source by any chance.

http://world.honda.com/news/2009/c090914Sc...r-PCX-Thailand/

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/695/4631/Mot...First-Look.aspx

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/Th...er-the-Powerful

Take your pick and there's a video of it here too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynl1aH6vdWg

Thanks for the links skybluestu,

Ive seen all of those, iam specifically after some info outlining this Electro-motor deal that from Richard-BKK's post make this sound like a hybrid scooter, from those links this electro motor is a new fandangled starter motor, see quote below.

Moreover, PCX will be the world’s first*2 125 cc model which will be equipped with the ACG starter which combines a cell motor and alternating current generator and helps achieve the compact engine size and significant reduction of starting noise.

It seems it is no hybrid then. That's good, I figured if it was it would be too expensive.

What really struck me is the new starter motor that keeps the bike from idling for prolonged stops will not be available for the U.S. model. What gives here? Will Honda be offering this model, because it's made in Thailand, at a substantially lower price point than the 150 I it just introduced in the U.S. at around $4600 courtesy no doubt of higher priced Italian labor? The 150 model looks good but I would think the 125 model would be a world beater with that new starter technology. I'm wondering if Honda's trying to protect its profit margins in the U.S. and that's why it will be exporting an inferior machine compared to what we will soon be getting in Thailand.

• 3 weeks later...
The Honda PCX only comes with 125cc, it is true that Honda is also introducing a more classic Honda SH150i in the US market, but this is a complete other product and has indeed no Start-Stop technology.

I m in need of one or two stepthroughtwistandgo. Honda Patong today couldnt say when PCX will be available. has anyone seen them in any showroom yet or know for sure when they will be out?

katabeachbum,

I can only say the production started about 20 days ago, I have no idea how many are ready, also I'm not sure that Thailand is getting the first badge of what is currently out of production...

Thanks Richard

I assume Honda LOS have some Airblade stock to clear first.

Hi

I wonder what the price is

I asked in Honda patong yesterday. Didnt know when they would have it or the price. But I doubt it will be more than yammy E 135 at 59k baht.

The Airblade PGM FI is already 68k so I expect the PCX will be more than that.

I was looking to buy an Airblade but was told there will be a promotional event for the new PCX in Khon Kaen to coincide with the opening of the new Central Plaza shopping mall here on Dec 3rd. I will wait for that now.

Hi

I wonder what the price is

I asked in Honda patong yesterday. Didnt know when they would have it or the price. But I doubt it will be more than yammy E 135 at 59k baht.

The Airblade PGM FI is already 68k so I expect the PCX will be more than that.

I was looking to buy an Airblade but was told there will be a promotional event for the new PCX in Khon Kaen to coincide with the opening of the new Central Plaza shopping mall here on Dec 3rd. I will wait for that now.

I have a 4 months old Airblade PGM Fi in my garage and it was just under 60k all included. Since the yammy elegance 135cc is less than 60k too, I doubt Honda will ask more for a 125cc.

I have a 4 months old Airblade PGM Fi in my garage and it was just under 60k all included. Since the yammy elegance 135cc is less than 60k too, I doubt Honda will ask more for a 125cc.

That's good to know, where did you buy ?

The dealers here in Khon Kaen that have Airblades (not many now) have them all priced at 68k. Therefore I can't see the PCX coming in lower than that, but I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

That's good to know, where did you buy ?

The dealers here in Khon Kaen that have Airblades (not many now) have them all priced at 68k. Therefore I can't see the PCX coming in lower than that, but I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

In that case you guys are getting screwed screwed screwed. I think this has been said before so let me say it again. SCREWED just to make it clear where the horseshit ends I got my Yamaha Elegance for 52,000 baht, a bit more out the door with insurance and registration but still more than $400 American less than you say you are paying in Khon Kaen. Tell us you are not making this up. Why would a dealer in Khon Kaen charge 30 percent more than what nearly all dealerships in Pattaya charge?

Edited by jackcorbett

In that case you guys are getting screwed screwed screwed. I think this has been said before so let me say it again. SCREWED just to make it clear where the horseshit ends I got my Yamaha Elegance for 52,000 baht, a bit more out the door with insurance and registration but still more than $400 American less than you say you are paying in Khon Kaen. Tell us you are not making this up. Why would a dealer in Khon Kaen charge 30 percent more than what nearly all dealerships in Pattaya charge?

Hi jack,

No, I'm not making this up, why would I ? Every dealer in Khon Kaen that has an Airblade PGM FI has it priced at 68k and no I'm not being screwed yet as I thought that was a tad high and have held back on buying. One of the reasons I posted was to see what others experiences were before I purchased and thanks for your input.

Why the dealers in Khon Kaen would charge 30% more than those in Pattaya is a good question.

I will wait to see what the new PCX runs out at and maybe make a trip to Pattaya to buy.

52k down here too.. Plus of course extras for mags and insurance and on road reg etc.. Sometimes the on road can be dealers costs but mags rarely free.

The national MSRP is listed.. Seems to me like the KK dealer just added F.A.T. (farang added tax) !!

Edited by LivinLOS

52k down here too.. Plus of course extras for mags and insurance and on road reg etc.. Sometimes the on road can be dealers costs but mags rarely free.

The national MSRP is listed.. Seems to me like the KK dealer just added F.A.T. (farang added tax) !!

Mmm... 52k for an Airblade PGM FI are you sure ? Which dealer is that ? The PGM FI comes with mags by default btw.

There are a few older Airblade carburettor models here for 49k, they don't have the mags or the combi-brake.

Could be F.A.T. as you say but that's a sticker price as in they have a sticker on the bike. indicating that price. They also gave my Thai wife the same price too !

Mmm... 52k for an Airblade PGM FI are you sure ? Which dealer is that ? The PGM FI comes with mags by default btw.

There are a few older Airblade carburettor models here for 49k, they don't have the mags or the combi-brake.

Could be F.A.T. as you say but that's a sticker price as in they have a sticker on the bike. indicating that price. They also gave my Thai wife the same price too !

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/staticpages/in...ycle_Price_List

They havent sold a non FI model for a long time.. The FI comes in both magged and non magged here. Mags add a few k.

Tell you what, I'll lend you my Thai driver's license, then all you do is say to your dealer, "Pom bin Cun Thai. My Shy Falang". That'll do it. Bet he reduces your price at least 12,000 baht. I tried that at the zoo yesterday, and I got in for 70 baht. My Norwegian pal had to pay 300 baht.

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/staticpages/in...ycle_Price_List

They havent sold a non FI model for a long time.. The FI comes in both magged and non magged here. Mags add a few k.

These non FI are old stock but there are at least 3 available here.

And yes my mistake there are two versions, the one I was referring to at 68k was the magged version.

Tell you what, I'll lend you my Thai driver's license, then all you do is say to your dealer, "Pom bin Cun Thai. My Shy Falang". That'll do it. Bet he reduces your price at least 12,000 baht. I tried that at the zoo yesterday, and I got in for 70 baht. My Norwegian pal had to pay 300 baht.

Tell you what, if you can put you're money where your mouth is and provide a dealer that will sell a magged PGM FI at 52k I'll be impressed !