Listed With Thai Id In My Thabian Bahn

The Amphur District office in our new neighborhood would not transfer me from my original ‘Thor Ror 13’ House Registration book (aka ‘Yellow Book’, 'Thabian Bahn') onto the new House Registration because they claim that my original yellow house book (issued at another Amphur office) have incorrectly issued me a Thai national ID number and not a foreigner ID number.

They say the number grouping format (X – XXXX – XXXXX – XX - X) and the number ‘8’ prefix (8 – XXXX – XXXXX – XX - X) is for Thai nationals only and that foreigners are issued something different.

Have I really been issued a Thai ID by mistake and what does this mean?

The process to get the foreign ID number is the same as it was to get the original one, however, to get this far by mistake, what am I to do?

The Amphur District office in our new neighborhood would not transfer me from my original ‘Thor Ror 13’ House Registration book (aka ‘Yellow Book’, 'Thabian Bahn') onto the new House Registration because they claim that my original yellow house book (issued at another Amphur office) have incorrectly issued me a Thai national ID number and not a foreigner ID number.

They say the number grouping format (X – XXXX – XXXXX – XX - X) and the number ‘8’ prefix (8 – XXXX – XXXXX – XX - X) is for Thai nationals only and that foreigners are issued something different.

Have I really been issued a Thai ID by mistake and what does this mean?

The process to get the foreign ID number is the same as it was to get the original one, however, to get this far by mistake, what am I to do?

Hmmm, strange numbers.

My Thai wife's ID card is # 3-xxxx-xxxxx-xx-x

Her blue tambien ban is on pg 1: # 1303-xxxxxx-x

Her tambien ban pg 2 is: #3-xxxx-xxxxx-xx-x same as the ID #

My farang yellow tambien ban pg 1 is: 1303-xxxxxx-x Note: This is a tie-in to her tambien ban

My farang yellow tambien ban pg 2 is: 6-xxxx-xxxxx-xx-x and "pu asai" which means "living in," sort of.

So, there's two numbers involved, 1st being the tambien ban #, 2nd being the individual's number.

In any case, other than the tie-in between the yellow and blue books, I don't really know what the "personal" numbers mean, if anything.

Mac

They say the number grouping format (X – XXXX – XXXXX – XX - X) and the number '8' prefix (8 – XXXX – XXXXX – XX - X) is for Thai nationals only and that foreigners are issued something different.

ID numbers for Thai nationals begin with '3'. I believe the '8' prefix is for permanent residents.

They say the number grouping format (X – XXXX – XXXXX – XX - X) and the number '8' prefix (8 – XXXX – XXXXX – XX - X) is for Thai nationals only and that foreigners are issued something different.

ID numbers for Thai nationals begin with '3'. I believe the '8' prefix is for permanent residents.

I have a PR for Thailand and can confirm that my ID number here starts with a 8.

I have a PR for Thailand and can confirm that my ID number here starts with a 8.

So the 6 on my yellow tambien ban might indicate "retiree" status extension of a non-O visa? Wonder if it includes foreigners on a "marriage" extension.

Anyone out there with a married extension of their Non-O visa, and with a yellow tambien ban?

Mac

So the 6 on my yellow tambien ban might indicate "retiree" status extension of a non-O visa? Wonder if it includes foreigners on a "marriage" extension.

Anyone out there with a married extension of their Non-O visa, and with a yellow tambien ban?

Mac

My yellow tambien ban shows also the prefix 6, but I'm on a multiple entry non-O-business visa, not retired, legal married. It seems that each amphoe has its own philosophy, if any at all.

Fatfather

I'm on a marriage extension and also have the 6-.... as my personal ID in the yellow book.

Not sure if I understand the OP correctly, but the way I see it a new blue book has been issued for the new location. Since the yellow book is tied in to the original blue book he will have to apply for a new yellow book for the new location based on the new blue book.

opalhort

• 7 months later...

Sorry to bring up this old thread again, but it seems relevant, from this it seem those with PR have ID's starting with 8, Thai nationals have 3 and those foreigners without permanent residence get a 6.

So just wondering what this mean, my wife's ID starts with a 5 and my eight month old half British/half Thai son's starts with a 1 on his birth certificate.

Anyone ever figured out these, I wonder what happens if you have a yellow tabien bahn and later get PR, does your number change I wonder

Martin

Sorry to bring up this old thread again, but it seems relevant, from this it seem those with PR have ID's starting with 8, Thai nationals have 3 and those foreigners without permanent residence get a 6.

So just wondering what this mean, my wife's ID starts with a 5 and my eight month old half British/half Thai son's starts with a 1 on his birth certificate.

Anyone ever figured out these, I wonder what happens if you have a yellow tabien bahn and later get PR, does your number change I wonder

Martin

Mine starts with a 5. There is a reason for this, I can't remembner exactly which one it is, but it is either that you are a Thai citizen born overseas, or that you are a Thai citizen who was registered on the Tabieen baan after the normal census date. I was both, having come to Thailand officially when I was 30.

There is a thread floating around on Thaivisa about this.