Just Got My New Toy :)

JimsKnight

It was a frantic scramble through traffic to get it from the post office (customs charges no less) but now at least I've got a replacement bike cam :)

P1050706.jpg

It no longer will be mounted onto the helmet. It was a bit shaky wakey up there the last time (as BBBK pointed out more than once :D )

So instead it'll go onto a fixed position on the tank. It's much easier and less hassle than jury-rigging it to the helmet. But it does mean I lose some luggage space with it sitting there...

Here it is, the new Tachyon XC and compared to 2008 model it's miles better the quality is improved, as is the sound. A bit wind rushy but not too bad.

No more wavy lines when at a standstill either.

Here's a sample:

Not too bad eh? :D

Sorry to rain on your parade JimsKnight but what would you have done if the pick-up that you decided to undertake at 24 sec had decided to move a bit over to the left as you were passing him? It's bike riders like you that end up getting hit by a car because you were impatient and decided to make a stupid manouvere, and then when you get hit by a car you rant and rave about car drivers not paying attention and how do you think the car driver feels after you've ran in to his car? I've collided with 2 motorbikes in my 23 years of driving and both times were the bikers fault but it didn't stop me feeling guilty for a few days. And before you give me the spiel about how car drivers don't understand what it's like to ride a bike, I have a motor bike also.

Brigante7.

P.S. the camera quality is very good.

Cheers Dontdist.

I don't like the Jomtien roads either.

Brigante, your criticism is welcome but also rejected. You are the way you are and I am the way I am.

If I choose to make what you consider is a risky move then so be it. Try to remember what country you are in and how things work out here.

I don't pretend to be cool rider but nor do I pretend to be a biker who stays behind cars all the time. Some bikers are wired for cold logic and some of us are driven by the vibe and thrill of biking. If that vibe and thrill takes me around cars on the inside then so be it, I welcome that groove.

I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

I'm sorry that you hit bikers in your pick-up. But the roads and vehicles on them do things that don't always match the situation and time.

I had one of those video cameras some 13 years ago fitted just under the front/centre of the fairing on the bike. The actual recorder/player was fitted in the nearside pannier. Boy was it expensive but was it good! It's brand name was Pro-vida. An excellent piece of equipment for the use of evidence in court. :)

Edited by Pitbullman1

^What a <deleted> looking bike :D

Go easy now, you're going to hurt Paul's feelings as his bike is an even bigger piece of <deleted>! :)

Now now T, be nice, I didnt feel as if i would be upsetting anyone by critising some eighties tv show but for all you know JK's bike might be his pride and joy? How would you like me to go past you on my Desmosedici pulling a wheelie and kicking you off ur shitty kwaka? (ohh thats right, my desmo is only in my dreams :D ) GREAT DREAM THO!

In the mean time you might like this clip .....sorry its not utube, follow the link.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Ducati-...16RR_184265.htm

your probably gonna call my raider a scooter again now :D:D:D:D

Wasn't Mad Max filmed using a camera ow down on the forks? Gave it that incredible sense of speed...

I had my camera mounted down low for a while- pretty decent results, but it's tough on the camera because it get's blasted by all the sand and grit and now the lens is shot...

Great video T,

I especially enjoyed the last 2 minutes after you got rid of banana boy and his mate. :)

Sorry to rain on your parade JimsKnight but what would you have done if the pick-up that you decided to undertake at 24 sec had decided to move a bit over to the left as you were passing him? It's bike riders like you that end up getting hit by a car because you were impatient and decided to make a stupid manouvere, and then when you get hit by a car you rant and rave about car drivers not paying attention and how do you think the car driver feels after you've ran in to his car? I've collided with 2 motorbikes in my 23 years of driving and both times were the bikers fault but it didn't stop me feeling guilty for a few days. And before you give me the spiel about how car drivers don't understand what it's like to ride a bike, I have a motor bike also.

Have to agree. The moment that made me wince the most was when he rode at some speed down the narrow centre of two rows of traffic. I have a mate who recently did the same thing and as he did so, a taxi driver opened his door a little so as to spit onto the ground. My mate's kneecap directly struck the frame of the door. His leg will never be the same.

Was it worth it for the "vibe" and the "groove"?

Nice videos! I agree that the handlebar mounts seem to work the best. Here is one from my Klein MTB. Been getting warnings about copyright violations on the music but so far YouTube has not pulled the sound.

Tdog, I was wondering how anyone on earth could be so wobbly and slow & then I realised you were riding a pushy :D

GOOD On you mate, great vid. :)

Now give yourself an uppercut and post us a picture of you doing a wheelie. :D

Nice videos! I agree that the handlebar mounts seem to work the best. Here is one from my Klein MTB. Been getting warnings about copyright violations on the music but so far YouTube has not pulled the sound.

Tdog, I was wondering how anyone on earth could be so wobbly and slow & then I realised you were riding a pushy :D

GOOD On you mate, great vid. :)

Now give yourself an uppercut and post us a picture of you doing a wheelie. :D

Got it! Usually too busy doing endo's into the mud!

Have to agree. The moment that made me wince the most was when he rode at some speed down the narrow centre of two rows of traffic. I have a mate who recently did the same thing and as he did so, a taxi driver opened his door a little so as to spit onto the ground. My mate's kneecap directly struck the frame of the door. His leg will never be the same.

Was it worth it for the "vibe" and the "groove"?

Yeah it was actually :)

If I rode about on the fearful assumption that every door could spring open I wouldn't even get on a bike at all.

A very good friend of mine can't ride a bike again because of a soi dog attacking him. Yet that doesn't mean I'm about to shoot all the dogs I see of make u turns whenever I go down a soi that has dogs in it...

Edited by JimsKnight

If I rode about on the fearful assumption that every door could spring open I wouldn't even get on a bike at all.

A very good friend of mine can't ride a bike again because of a soi dog attacking him. Yet that doesn't mean I'm about to shoot all the dogs I see of make u turns whenever I go down a soi that has dogs in it...

Of course we can find risks in everything we do in life. It's about calculating the level of risk. For me, steadily creeping through stationary traffic is not 100% safe to do, and i'm sure my bike riding instructor wouldn't have approved, but i do so because i don't have the patience to wait in line with the cars and i consider the slow speed i travel at allows me some time to react to unforseen incidences, like doors swinging open or people changing lanes without looking in their mirrors. I calculate the risk and conclude it is worth it.

The risk you are taking by riding through the traffic at speed is not worth it for me. I just don't see the benefit, nor can i see any connection to "vibe" or "groove" with riding that way.

Anyway, it's all about personal choices and you are obviously happy with yours. I mentioned it not because i wanted to have a go, but because i genuinely don't like seeing people having accidents or living their lives in regret - and believe me you would if you lost the ability to walk all for a bit of "vibe", whatever the <deleted> that means.

Of course we can find risks in everything we do in life. It's about calculating the level of risk. For me, steadily creeping through stationary traffic is not 100% safe to do, and i'm sure my bike riding instructor wouldn't have approved, but i do so because i don't have the patience to wait in line with the cars and i consider the slow speed i travel at allows me some time to react to unforseen incidences, like doors swinging open or people changing lanes without looking in their mirrors. I calculate the risk and conclude it is worth it.

The risk you are taking by riding through the traffic at speed is not worth it for me. I just don't see the benefit, nor can i see any connection to "vibe" or "groove" with riding that way.

Anyway, it's all about personal choices and you are obviously happy with yours. I mentioned it not because i wanted to have a go, but because i genuinely don't like seeing people having accidents or living their lives in regret - and believe me you would if you lost the ability to walk all for a bit of "vibe", whatever the <deleted> that means.

It's all about personal responsiblity and I obviously get a buzz and a 'vibe' off biking whereas you seem to focus on the negative things.

Get a life pal :)

It's all about personal responsiblity and I obviously get a buzz and a 'vibe' off biking whereas you seem to focus on the negative things.

Get a life pal :)

No need to make things personal. I have a life thanks and i value it is all, and i don't take risks unnecessarily for the sake of a "vibe". You obviously do and that's fine - your choice and your life.

Yeah it was actually :)

Actually, I'm tempted to kill all soi dogs. They hate my harley and try to attack my front wheel on regular basis...especially the pack that lives at top of soi 56 sukhumvit. thinking of buyng some steak and rat poison for em!

Yeah it was actually :D

Actually, I'm tempted to kill all soi dogs. They hate my harley and try to attack my front wheel on regular basis...especially the pack that lives at top of soi 56 sukhumvit. thinking of buyng some steak and rat poison for em!

Leave the dogs alone.

Get rid of the Harley! :)

Weren’t you ever taught about the ‘door zone’?

If I choose to make what you consider is a risky move then so be it. Try to remember what country you are in and how things work out here.

I don't pretend to be cool rider but nor do I pretend to be a biker who stays behind cars all the time. Some bikers are wired for cold logic and some of us are driven by the vibe and thrill of biking. If that vibe and thrill takes me around cars on the inside then so be it, I welcome that groove.

You can make a risky move if you so wish - just do not involve anyone else!

I think we all know which country we are in and most of us adapt our driving/riding/cycling to suit local conditions but we still retain our core standards.

To paraphrase an old RAF saying – “There are bold motorcyclists, there are old motorcyclists but there are no old, bold motorcyclists!”

Weren’t you ever taught about the ‘door zone’?

I think we all know which country we are in and most of us adapt our driving/riding/cycling to suit local conditions but we still retain our core standards.

To paraphrase an old RAF saying – “There are bold motorcyclists, there are old motorcyclists but there are no old, bold motorcyclists!”

Well said, but for me the 'door zone' is for parked traffic, not traffic jams or slow moving traffic.

Core standards are a nice thing but after biking in thailand for nearly ten years I tend to believe that European biking in Thailand isn't always compatible.

But I digress. Here's something to put all what we've spoken of in perspective :)

This is crazy stuff!

Weren't you ever taught about the 'door zone'?

To paraphrase an old RAF saying – "There are bold motorcyclists, there are old motorcyclists but there are no old, bold motorcyclists!"

Well said, but for me the 'door zone' is for parked traffic, not traffic jams or slow moving traffic.

Core standards are a nice thing but after biking in thailand for nearly ten years I tend to believe that European biking in Thailand isn't always compatible.

But I digress. Here's something to put all what we've spoken of in perspective :)

This is crazy stuff!

Wow, this is really some crazy stuff...makes you sweat even watching it. You sure right about the compatibility of the riding and the speeds thailand vs europe...you get this kind of rush on thai roads when you do 160km/h or so....and this guy did "fly" already. Ok, enough ...i'll watch it again :D

tsbc

Wow, this is really some crazy stuff...makes you sweat even watching it.

Never seen chostie before ??

5 DVD's of this last time I looked.. His original upsala run is pure nuts.

Thinks he given up now that he let his identity out.

Saw a picture wonewhere where Ghosty tore a Pilot Power to pieces, chunks of treads missing from a run.

Wow, this is really some crazy stuff...makes you sweat even watching it.

Never seen chostie before ??

5 DVD's of this last time I looked.. His original upsala run is pure nuts.

Thinks he given up now that he let his identity out.

he actually posts here on thaivisa from time to time,no bull :)

Weren't you ever taught about the 'door zone'?

To paraphrase an old RAF saying – "There are bold motorcyclists, there are old motorcyclists but there are no old, bold motorcyclists!"

This is crazy stuff!

What a complete arsehol_e, he's the kind of biker that most people would love to see come a cropper and it would serve him right.

Brigante7.