Car Hire

spiceman

Hi, Please could anybody help with the following. Me and my Thai girlfriend are flying to Phuket and would like to hire a vehicle for 5 days at the airport to make things easier for getting about and possibly cheaper than using Taxis and Tuk Tuks.

Please could anybody recommend a car hire company and how much roughly would it cost? We would like something fairly large which can carry 4 people in comfort and include suitcases.

thank you very much.

The last time I hired a car from the airport in Phuket, was a few years ago now, and from memory it was a Soluna from Avis, and the cost was about 1200 baht a day. They did have larger vehicles available, but did not enquire as to the rates.

I would Imagine Avis have a local website that list their rates, try a search.

I have rented several times with Nine Car Rent close to the airport. If you make a reservation in advance they will pick you up at the airport. Price for a Yaris this time a year would be 1000-1200 bath pr. day. They have pretty new cars, good service, and I have never had problems with them.

You will need something bigger than the Jazz or Yaris which is being talked about. Some years ago David Car Rent, next to the airport, looked at buying my Honda CRV so I suggest you try them & enquire if they have one of those or similar. I am sure they would also pick you up at the terminal.

I have rented several times with Nine Car Rent close to the airport. If you make a reservation in advance they will pick you up at the airport. Price for a Yaris this time a year would be 1000-1200 bath pr. day. They have pretty new cars, good service, and I have never had problems with them.

Yaris is a good car and if you can get it for 1k a day then thats a good price too.

The boots on these cars swallow quite a lot of luggage. You did say that there are only 2 of you? Do you really need a huge car? It can be very hard to find parking in Phuket. The smaller the car, the more chance you have. Quite how people in things like Isuzu Mu7's park on the street in phuket town is beyond me !

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what the monthly rental would be on a small to mid-size car?

zulagutt or FlatOut...can you provide any contact details for the companies you recommended? I prefer to make an advance booking. We arrive at 7:00pm and don't want to spend an hour or more looking for their location, etc.

Thanks in advance

Anyone know what the monthly rental would be on a small to mid-size car?

zulagutt or FlatOut...can you provide any contact details for the companies you recommended? I prefer to make an advance booking. We arrive at 7:00pm and don't want to spend an hour or more looking for their location, etc.

Thanks in advance

I'm also interested in monthly rentals. Just looked at the David Car Rent website and no mention about long term rentals. Nine Car Rent has Honda Jazz / Honda City / Toyota Yaris all at 21,000 baht per month. Suzuki Caribian and Suzuki Sporty at 15,000 baht per month.

Seems a bit expensive to me. If anyone else has some ideas on monthly rentals I'd be interested to know.

I just rented two cars for my cousin who came on holiday for 10 days; a brand new toyota vios and a honda city, both automatic with full insurance. It costed me 850 Baht per car/per day...I've used the service of this company on several occasions and have always been more than happy with there services. PM me if you'd like his adress.

P.S. they do airport delivery.

I ever hired from the guy in Laguna Area, his name is Direk, please call at 081-894-4484 and refer to Apple, I used to rent Jazz car with him. he has many kinds of car. I'm sure you will get a good deal.

or Thai Rent a car ,when you're out of airport gate,look at the left... many cars availabe and good service.