Excellent Barbque In Chiang Mai?

beinaj

I am always looking for good barbeque but rarely find any. Recently had excellent barbeque ribs at Spirit House near VingBua Mansion. I found it through a blurb in Lonely Planet. My friend had Cordon Bleu and said it was the best he'd had in twenty years. SoJo's had good barbeque but closed their location near Pantip Plaza. And they had THE best sweet iced tea. Yep, I am from Hot'lanna and Shar-lot!!

Try Dukes, TV sponsor, across the river excellent BBQ Ribs.

I have tried Duke's near the Night Bazaar but not the one across the river. I have heard numerous times that the one across the river is far superior to the Night Bazaar one but have yet to find out for myself. Today I was told about a terrific rib place OUTSIDE across from the Robinson entrance at Airport Plaza near a bank. Guess I will explore...............

The Night Market Sojos was on it's way to being a top restaurant, but they changed management and dropped everything unusual from the menu. The place went from a thriving business to being customerless in days and then closed down and moved out to Hang Dong where they had established another location.

Does anyone know how they are doing? Do they do any of the Southern U.S. cooking that originally made them famous?

Edited by Ulysses G.

The Night Market Sojos was on it's way to being a top restaurant, but they changed management and dropped everything unusual from the menu. The place went from a thriving business to being customerless in days and then closed down and moved out to Hang Dong where they had established another location.

Does anyone know how they are doing? Do they do any of the Southern U.S. cooking that originally made them famous?

I lived in Chiang Rai my first year in Thailand. I came to Chiang Mai every other week and Sojo's was my first stop. One of their owners is from North Carolina, a hotbed for barbeque lovers like me. They even sweetened the iced tea while it was still hot. I do miss them. I have been to their new location a couple of times but the transportation cost there and back is more than the cost of the dinner. Once I got a take away dinner for the next day just to make the trip worthwhile. Their baked goods (for sale) are excellent.

The owner once said they live on their catering business.....

• 4 weeks later...

Read somewhere about a barbeque place "across from Airport Plaza" operated by a Thai family. Can anyone give me more specific directions??? I need a barbeque "fix".....Tried Sizzler yesterday but only partially saited the craving.

Read somewhere about a barbeque place "across from Airport Plaza" operated by a Thai family. Can anyone give me more specific directions??? I need a barbeque "fix".....Tried Sizzler yesterday but only partially saited the craving.

Salsa Kitchen has pretty good ribs..